Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU
I thought she was asking "how long have you been drinking?" for a moment there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah, probably a Time Warrior reference, but the thing under the covers LOOKED like a Sontaran to me...

It's a really elaborate prank by Strax.

"IGNORE MY PRESENCE, HUMAN SCUM."

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
Signs and Wonders was really, really good. The whole Hector storyline is really good.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
So I went to a convention in Belfast today and met Paul McGann! William Russell was also there but I didn't get to talk to him.

Food for thought:
* Paul's favourite companion is Lucie Miller. His favourite Doctor is Hartnell.
* Tom Baker had one condition for Light at the End, and that was that the other Doctors had to record at his house. He's apparently very timid and self-conscious during recording
* A kid asked Paul to name every Doctor and he said "nnnno I probably can't. But I could try!" and proceeded to do it! It took him some thought to get Troughton and Davison, but he did it!
* During the talk a little girl dressed as Supergirl turned up and he couldn't get over how adorable she was :3:

Got my copy of The Silver Turk signed, too. :toot: http://i.imgur.com/7CGsxku.jpg
I thanked him for his audio work, especially since I've been having a rough time the last few years and Big Finish is always a great pick-me-up. He was super nice about it! McGann is pretty amazing.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
Never change, DWM.

http://i.imgur.com/OtQAXqf.jpg

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN

qntm posted:

Did we ever find out whose TARDIS the Doctor stole?

Actually, a recent Four/Leela story covered this! Basically Marianna was a creepy old time lady who traveled to the "Point of Stillness" (a place forbidden and supposedly inaccessible to time lords) and gained incredible powers. She got stuck there and died, but uses her power to resurrect herself in the TARDIS.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Abandoned_%28audio_story%29
It's a good story and I highly recommend it. Louise Jameson even co-wrote it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
I finished up Dark Eyes 3 last night, and I'm still gathering my thoughts, but I largely enjoyed it. The highlight for me was definitely part 3, Masterplan, in which Eight and the Master are stuck in the storage hold of an exploding spaceship together. The Master has a wonderfully defining moment in which the Doctor makes a snide remark about his arch-enemy's constant cheating of death, and the Master's response is basically a victorious, almost desperate, "SEE, you ARE impressed!" He's so happy to get what he can from the Doctor. The ending leaves a few things open, but it's hard to see where they're going to go next. I'm expecting more Dalek Time Controller shenanigans for DE4, but gently caress knows if the Eminence story is done with or not. Oh, and I'm really glad Liv's a fully-fledged companion at this point. I really like her!

"Sontar, m'dear. And it seems not a moment too soon."

• Locked thread