Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegeta
Sep 11, 2014

by Ion Helmet
UPDATE: it isn't very funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
mods change the title of this thread to mock thread mocking megathread tia

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Neurolimal posted:

its not an appropriate comparison until he picks one of those pics and then posts 500 pages worth of cheerleading each other about how they might have a correct opinion

i mut have just scrolled over that poo poo, i was there for the grotesque pictures and commentary and maybe some funny blog posts defending choking to death on fat like its normal

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Vegeta posted:

reading the gamergate thread right now

can you tell what its about?

what is it about???

Vegeta posted:

yeah ikr

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Vegeta posted:

you don't say! :eyepop:

also how the gently caress was Vegeta not taken in all the years of Something Awful

naem
May 29, 2011

Drunk & Ugly posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/cliff-yablonski/cliff-yablonski-horrible/2/

heres something to get upset about, get the crew together and invade this dumb fag

I figured out a foolproof way to get a free ticket into the movies though, I thought of it a couple nights ago when I was looking for my car keys in the toilet.Here's what you do, you get a fake cast and put your arm in it to make it look like you're some pansy rear end sissy who broke his arm in a slapfight with the black guy from Designing Women. Then you put a motorcycle helmet on and bring a copy of the local newspaper from a month ago. Walk up to the ticket counter and ask for a ticket to some movie that stopped playing a few weeks ago. They'll tell you that movie isn't playing there anymore, and then you say "but it says it's playing right here in the paper!" Then, when they lean forward to look at the paper, you grab them by the skull and beat their head against the counter until they die. Then you go see your movie and if it sucks then you hunt down the manager and tell him his wife sucks in bed.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

naem posted:

I figured out a foolproof way to get a free ticket into the movies though, I thought of it a couple nights ago when I was looking for my car keys in the toilet.Here's what you do, you get a fake cast and put your arm in it to make it look like you're some pansy rear end sissy who broke his arm in a slapfight with the black guy from Designing Women. Then you put a motorcycle helmet on and bring a copy of the local newspaper from a month ago. Walk up to the ticket counter and ask for a ticket to some movie that stopped playing a few weeks ago. They'll tell you that movie isn't playing there anymore, and then you say "but it says it's playing right here in the paper!" Then, when they lean forward to look at the paper, you grab them by the skull and beat their head against the counter until they die. Then you go see your movie and if it sucks then you hunt down the manager and tell him his wife sucks in bed.

That's pretty epic.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

naem posted:

lol

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

like, those bug chasers. the quotes from sites in those threads are funny but wouldnt it just get closed

where do you draw the line with fascination of dumb gross ppl and being obsessed over it
and why not just punish the morons who go overboard

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Drunk & Ugly posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/cliff-yablonski/cliff-yablonski-horrible/2/

heres something to get upset about, get the crew together and invade this dumb fag

thats a true story

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
fat gamer cuck's dog house

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Drunk & Ugly posted:

like, those bug chasers. the quotes from sites in those threads are funny but wouldnt it just get closed

where do you draw the line with fascination of dumb gross ppl and being obsessed over it

That sounds a lot like work, easier to just gas everything

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drunk & Ugly posted:

it's true that i'd rather the horrible idiots get probated/banned for being horrible idiots, but franco is only one man. i mean there's like 4 gbs mods but he's the only one who even logs in as far as i can tell. basically gassing is the best that we're gonna get until retards like you stop posting forever.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
literally the only mock thread i've seen that has approached readable was the f-35 thread

and thats because most of the people are either posting new stuff or making actual jokes instead of "im right guys right, just like you guys are right, hi5" posts pretending to be jokes

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

it's true that i'd rather the horrible idiots get probated/banned for being horrible idiots, but franco is only one man. i mean there's like 4 gbs mods but he's the only one who even logs in as far as i can tell. basically gassing is the best that we're gonna get until retards like you stop posting forever.

well then you just have to gas everything and call it gay and thats bad cause then i cant laugh at weird people and pyf clientelle are horrible so i refuse to go there

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
*sweeps posts off desk, slams table with fist* no no no these threads are ALL WRONG

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drunk & Ugly posted:

well then you just have to gas everything and call it gay and thats bad cause then i cant laugh at weird people and pyf clientelle are horrible so i refuse to go there

*strokes chin* yes.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mocking stupid poo poo on the internet is the raison d'être of these Something Awful forums

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
When GBS kicked out the social justice warriors last year, I was all "Oh good, now we can go back to making mock threads", but it turns out most GBS posters are now bitter old men who don't give a poo poo anymore and throw a fit if some one dares to disturb the peace and quiet of their forum by actually making a thread.

Basically GBS has become SA's Diogenes Club is what I'm saying

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yaldabaoth posted:

When GBS kicked out the social justice warriors last year, I was all "Oh good, now we can go back to making mock threads", but it turns out most GBS posters are now bitter old men who don't give a poo poo anymore and throw a fit if some one dares to disturb the peace and quiet of their forum by actually making a thread.

Basically GBS has become SA's Diogenes Club is what I'm saying

i actually wish people would make more threads. also, a lot of the 'social justice' crowd is still here, they just post in lowercase and pretend to be kidding when they get upset that you said fag or retard.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
if there were no sjws gbs would have to invent them

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

im glad that we can all agree the situation is dire

dire like
diarrhea

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
ok so check it out mock thread?? how about... c-c-ccuhCUCK THREAD

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 278 days!)

cha cha cha

chittin all over dis thred

Vegeta
Sep 11, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Titty Warlord posted:

ok so check it out mock thread?? how about... c-c-ccuhCUCK THREAD

go cuck youreself

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drunk & Ugly posted:

im glad that we can all agree the situation is dire

dire like
diarrhea

it's not healthy to talk down to yourself like that

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

it's not healthy to talk down to yourself like that

i probably smell like diarrhea its why its on my mind ive been making GBS threads all day

Vegeta
Sep 11, 2014

by Ion Helmet
UPDATE ON GAMERGATE MOCK THREAD:

XK posted:

Why should anyone have to expend that effort? Should everyone involved in a twitter tag set aside a week to research the background of everyone else who uses the same tag, then arrange a press conference about what they do and do not want to be associated with? 99% of people who've used the gamergate tag have no idea who that guy is, wouldn't know what to say to disassociate themselves from him, and would be stupid to bother anyway because nobody cares who that person is or what their other views are. I know of him because I've seen him post a bunch of dumb "First Post" style comments on Youtube videos, know literally nothing else about him, and give so little poo poo about who he is beyond that I can't even bother to read that twitlonger link because who loving cares about youtube user FartToContinue.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm maybe not an internet bigshot but i'm pretty sure nobody outside of SA actually cares that a dweeby nerd woman slept with a bunch of nerd men to get benefits.

maybe goons are upset since it's been happening ever since that bitch jennifer slept with the anime club president to get her favorite show played all the time! the audacity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014
Get cucked op

• Locked thread