Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

This, but unironically.

I'd bet it's the best conference again this year.

It's looking like it so far.

Last night Tulane got their first win in their new stadium. They were also only expected to win by a point. It's nice watching them with a QB but sometimes he goes into freshman mode and throws lots of picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Groucho Marxist posted:

Golden and Ray might be better than Sam and Ealy. 14 TFL in 3 games :stare:

Missouri's secret weapon? The musical talents of Denis Leary.

every
Apr 24, 2008

I will never learn. It is the real tragedy.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Why couldn't we play Purdue or Michigan or Minnesota or Indiana or

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
With OSU's utter demolishing of Kent State, I can only assume they're back in the top 10 and on the fast track to being CFB playoff's first champion.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

This, but unironically.

I'd bet it's the best conference again this year.
Pac-12 much?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Hey you guys think Ohio State is salty over that loss to Virginia Tech?

*Throws it 30 yards downfield on 4th down with 6 seconds left in the game while up 66-0*

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Why couldn't we play Purdue or Michigan or Minnesota or Indiana or

Hey, were you one of these two guys at the SMiss game?

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

*Throws it 30 yards downfield on 4th down with 6 seconds left in the game while up 66-0*

Rhetorical question but yes. And it still doesn't matter because the Big Ten OSU will never be taken seriously.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I had to leave for an emergency thing (it's all good, false alarm) right before the bama game and I missed all the cool football stuff :(

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

Hey, were you one of these two guys at the SMiss game?

thats me in the middle

Not really, I'm told I was on tv a couple of times for this last game but I'm not going to rewatch it for a while.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
In that Southern Alabama game we went to kick a field goal that would have tied the game, one of their interior dudes jumped offsides and managed to hit not one but two players, jumped back but was still clearly in the neutral zone, and the refs didn't flag a thing. It was really cool and fun and how the gently caress did we end up with refs from their conference for a home game jesus christ

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He did that to run out the clock. The throw was out of bounds.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
Meet sark the new boss same as the old boss I can not wait for SC to leave his sorry rear end at the airport in the middle of the night.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Lmbo, you dance around and take a knee, or wing it 30 yards OOB. Urban was out for blood, at least ECU won and he's back to square one.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Lmbo, you dance around and take a knee, or wing it 30 yards OOB. Urban was out for blood, at least ECU won and he's back to square one.

Ohio State could've very easily put up a hundred in that game. They had subs in before the second half started, and only threw the ball 4 times in the second half. What do you want them to do? Do you criticize Texas A&M or Oregon for throwing the ball in a rout?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

I actually thought the Gurley fight was kind of funny -- he was clearly used to being able to just run untouched for giant gains and not happy with actually being tackled.

Here's a question: What's wrong with Keith Marshall? Is he still recovering or has he been kind of cast aside in favor of Chubb? I feel bad for the dude either way.

I don't know that it's because he was getting tackled. I remember during both oh his previous Georgia Florida games he was pretty chippy. It could be like when Manziel flipped the bird at the steelers and the poo poo talking hit a nerve. Shouldn't have headbutted though.

As far as Marshall, he had been on every special teams snap but is still listed at running back. I am pretty sure Chubb will be our starter next year he already looks almost like Gurley 2.0 when he runs now with McKenzie and Michel look really great too. Marshall is great, has amazing speed, but I don't think he is quite the between the tackle runner that our other guys are.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Detroit_Dogg posted:

In that Southern Alabama game we went to kick a field goal that would have tied the game, one of their interior dudes jumped offsides and managed to hit not one but two players, jumped back but was still clearly in the neutral zone, and the refs didn't flag a thing. It was really cool and fun and how the gently caress did we end up with refs from their conference for a home game jesus christ

Pays to be South Alabama

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!

Injuries might be what spells disaster for the Pac-12. Oregon has three o-line starters out with injuries, ASU and UCLA both lost their starting QBs for who knows how long. USC losing to BC will probably put them squarely at the bottom or out of the top 25.

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN

Emron posted:

I had to leave for an emergency thing (it's all good, false alarm) right before the bama game and I missed all the cool football stuff :(

When it comes to our game, you missed absolutely no cool football stuff.

every
Apr 24, 2008

I don't even remember what a good secondary looks like

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Here's my notes on stuff before I go and disappear for a couple of weeks again

Horseshoe is okay, turf was nice, fans were okay the older ones were really pleasant but the people in their late 20s and 30s were loving awful people with terrible tattoos. Looking at you guy with Buckeye leafs tattooed on your forearms. Press box/coaching box/whatever box was all really nice and spacious.

Columbus was alright, I liked downtown State College more, Baton Rouge more than both, and Mobile more than all the previous. I'm really excited to see what BYE's downtown is like. UVA trip will be fun I'm guessing.

Northern Illinois is looking good, which is bad, because I thought they'd be hurting a lot more without Jordan Lynch. Also UVA is looking good which is also bad. This is a really really rough stretch of 5 games esp. with these 3 all being road games. After that the season really loosens up but man I have no idea how the rest of it will go, there are a lot of games that are winnable and no more big conference schools with embarrassed coaches but as we all know MACtion is unpredictable.

Death To Akron

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

OneWhoKnows posted:

Injuries might be what spells disaster for the Pac-12. Oregon has three o-line starters out with injuries, ASU and UCLA both lost their starting QBs for who knows how long. USC losing to BC will probably put them squarely at the bottom or out of the top 25.

Basically this.

Oregon has looked great and may even be the best team in the country, but who else does the Pac-12 have? The teams who were supposed to be best in that conference have either suffered a crippling loss (ASU and UCLA) or looked incredibly shaky (Stanford, USC, UCLA).

If you put the Pac-12 against the top 12 in the SEC, I really don't see the SEC winning less than nine.

The kicker is, we still have no idea who the best team in the SEC is.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
fwiw, Hundley is supposedly fine and just had a bad sprain. Supposed to be fine by the end of the week and ready for the ASU game next Thursday. Although I obviously agree that we're nowhere near the team we were being projected to be before the season started.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Basically this.

Oregon has looked great and may even be the best team in the country, but who else does the Pac-12 have? The teams who were supposed to be best in that conference have either suffered a crippling loss (ASU and UCLA) or looked incredibly shaky (Stanford, USC, UCLA).

If you put the Pac-12 against the top 12 in the SEC, I really don't see the SEC winning less than nine.

The kicker is, we still have no idea who the best team in the SEC is.

If I told you it was Missouri, how hard would you laugh?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Frackie Robinson posted:

If I told you it was Missouri, how hard would you laugh?

I'd laugh pretty hard. I'd be cool with it, but I'd laugh a lot.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Kidd-Liggit posted:

UK Thoughts:

-Lost a close one, but the reality is that most of our talent are freshmen and sophomores and we're super shallow right now. Playing UF that tough, for that long, on the road was impressive to me.

-Game was a measuring stick for our program and I'm pleased with what I saw. I know Florida isn't the same caliber of team as the UF teams that have won national titles, but we still look like we can play in the SEC.

-I like the way our schedule sets up with a BYE before playing Vandy at home followed by Louisiana Monroe and South Carolina at home. That looks like a setup to be 4-2 (or maybe 5-1 if the stars align) after that run with an outside chance of a bowl depending on how we finish the season.

Basil Hayden posted:

It being so close is what hurts, though, kind of like the UT games in '07 and '09. If we'd gotten blown out, I mean, UK hasn't won in Gainesville since the '70s, so oh well. If UK'd hung around for most of the game and just gave out near the end, I could just focus on how giving even a questionable UF team a fight is a good sign for a team that's lost 20 games in the last two seasons. But it went to overtime, and there were literally multiple occasions where, if just one more play had gone Kentucky's way... :negative:

These two posts pretty much sum up how I feel. I want to be mad at the refs for the no-call delay of game, but it's not like that would have ended the game, Florida still would have run a play. Going in I thought I'd be happy just to keep it close, but after that first play in overtime I really thought they finally had it. Just so deflating.

But, they look so much better than they did last year, on both sides of the ball. Four wins seems like a given at this point, with a chance at 5 or maybe even 6 if they play like last night and things fall the right way (as opposed to how it went last night).

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
The big 12 owns

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

wootmachine posted:

When it comes to our game, you missed absolutely no cool football stuff.

I meant UGA and USC eating it!

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!

CidGregor posted:

Did anyone happen to get a gif or something of the missed PAT for Oregon? It happened at the opposite end of the field from my seat and I didn't really get a clear look at what exactly happened. Was it a bad hold/snap, a block, or just a bad kick?

He either messed up his timing or footwork, but he completely biffed it.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

AKMoose posted:

It's not often you get to see a game where the winning team makes five interceptions and only wins by 3.

Sounds pretty similar to Miami's win over Florida last season. It is unusual, though.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I feel pretty good about our game with Oklahoma. The O-line sucks, but they're young and will improve. We were in the game going into the 4th and there were a couple bad turnovers that cost us points. Two turnovers in field goal range is basically a 20 point swing and maybe 28.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Clemson did the same after losing to Georgia. Neither team is fooling anyone.

No fewer than nine? I'm an SEC guy but outside of Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Mississippi, LSU... actually that's already six right there. I'd take odds on the SEC getting the remaining three wins. :hfive:

e: Forgot Auburn. Seven.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 14, 2014

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

OneWhoKnows posted:

He either messed up his timing or footwork, but he completely biffed it.

Bleh, that's what I was afraid of. I keep hearing Oregon's new kicker this year, Matt Wogan, is supposed to be super good and it's hard to be worse than what Alejandro Maldonado was doing the last couple of years so I wanted to be cautiously optimistic about this new guy Wogan, but that is really disheartening if he botched a PAT unprovoked. I could be wrong but I think other than that total garbage-play Arizona game last year, every loss Oregon has had over the last few years has been because of the kicking game one way or the other and I'm astounded that the problem has gone on as long as it has without being corrected. I really hope it was a one time fluke and not indicative of the next 3-4 years of this kicker.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Florida is horrible. Nothing has changed. Driskel makes the wrong reads, rolls into the fetal position under pressure, and cannot physically complete a pass further than 7 yards.

We run design routes 1-yard shorter than the sticks on 3rd down consistently.

Demarcus Robinson is a goddamned sexual tyrannosaurus, and the lone bright spot on our team.

We dropped like 5 interceptions, and rolled up a poo poo ton of yardage between the 20s. Redzone playcalling was atrocious.

I mentioned before the season that I wouldn't be surprised if we won 15, or won 5. I think we will maybe win 5 games.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

LeeMajors posted:

Florida is horrible. Nothing has changed. Driskel makes the wrong reads, rolls into the fetal position under pressure, and cannot physically complete a pass further than 7 yards.

Demarcus Robinson is a goddamned sexual tyrannosaurus, and the lone bright spot on our team.

We dropped like 5 interceptions, and rolled up a poo poo ton of yardage between the 20s. Redzone playcalling was atrocious.

I mentioned before the season that I wouldn't be surprised if we won 15, or won 5. I think we will maybe win 5 games.

Matt Jones is a good football player. He might be the best player on offense.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vikingstrike posted:

Matt Jones is a good football player. He might be the best player on offense.

Yeah, forgot the RBs. They looked really stout. Lots of tough yards. And the OL did a great job run blocking. Pass blocking? Not so much.

Throw 10 passes to DRob, and run every other down.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

LeeMajors posted:

Are yall Texas East or are we Florida West I dunno

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

AAC or B1G

• Locked thread