Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
he sang this song at a breast cancer fundraiser so he cant be all bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6raVzrbqrM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
He was funny in that showtime show w david duchovny that i forget the name of

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Torquemada posted:

I kinda liked him until I did some background research on 'Song for Phil Daoust' and found out that the review Phil gave him wasn't even that bad, and listening to Tim whining about how the mean old critic really hurt his feelings and nearly ruined his amazing career by saying he could do better kind of made me see him as a crybaby entitled prick who felt above criticism from day one. hth.

Isn't half of his act massive exaggeration?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Vaishino posted:

Same reason their right-wing political party is called "the Liberal party."

Fuckin idiots.

quoted for truth

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Hes just a very common type of "arty" wanker in Australia. Lots of people go through the phase he seems to be stuck in when they are in late highschool and early university.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The Australian Noel Fielding.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

toggle posted:

tim minchin good louie ck bad??

thx gbs :)

I like both of them. :)

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Gaunab posted:

most comedians whose routines involve playing music suck

Most, not all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yi5bV5qHjY

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

toggle posted:

tim minchin good louie ck bad??

thx gbs :)

does gbs not like louie ck? is there a thread so I can read up on why?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Rapman the Cook posted:

Hes just a very common type of "arty" wanker in Australia. Lots of people go through the phase he seems to be stuck in when they are in late highschool and early university.

An example of this type of person is the entire loving city of Melbourne.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

he made the nightmare of christmas and spooky movies are illegal in australia

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
dude seems alright and he can play the piano really well, I see no reason not to like him

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
People that don't like Tim are basically cunts. You can freely write them off and ignore them.

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

I don't mind him personally, but as for everyone else its probably because they think he looks a bit like an emo poof op

Vaishino posted:

Same reason their right-wing political party is called "the Liberal party."

Fuckin idiots.

also this

Hoppeduppeanut fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 17, 2014

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

But Americans call their right wing party liberals too. So does everywhere else.
(Liberalism is a right wing concept, it's just that America is really retarded and thinks centre-right = full communism)

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i cant speak for hoppeduppeanut but i was mainly saying that australia sucks and is stupid and i hate it

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

okay guys you know what i think now you can close the thread ha ha ha ha oh god

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

An example of this type of person is the entire loving city of Melbourne.

i live in st kilda and today i saw no less than 5 tim minchins

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm Australian and I hate Tim Minchin.

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
hes a dogs ballocks mate

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

gently caress i was just about to post this

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
victor borge was good

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Torquemada posted:

I kinda liked him until I did some background research on 'Song for Phil Daoust' and found out that the review Phil gave him wasn't even that bad, and listening to Tim whining about how the mean old critic really hurt his feelings and nearly ruined his amazing career by saying he could do better kind of made me see him as a crybaby entitled prick who felt above criticism from day one. hth.

wow an atheist artist is a total baby unable to deal with constructive criticism who would have guessed

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Quote-Unquote posted:

But Americans call their right wing party liberals too. So does everywhere else.
(Liberalism is a right wing concept, it's just that America is really retarded and thinks centre-right = full communism)

sorry nobody is up to your perfect standards i guess we'll all have to try harder to impress something awful forums goes quote unquote

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
This one's a pretty good subversion of expectations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVN_0qvuhhw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Orkin Mang posted:

i live in st kilda and today i saw no less than 5 tim minchins

I literally saw a guy with a handlebar mustache riding a penny farthing coming into a shabby chic bar (i.e. most of the bars in Melbourne) for one drink just to be seen a few tram stops down towards the city from Reservoir.

• Locked thread