Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Let's build the largest computer in the world and get it named after a YosPos meme or in-joke and get it to be in the Guinnesa book of world records.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Some top tier YosPos posters that Ive been having pm correspondence with have said that the world's largest computer is: a tie between The X-box and the new crapple iphone 6 too big anroid fucknugget, so that's what we have to beat. I know where we can get a lot of lumber but it might be a good idea to centralize this project somewhere in the US

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

no they will not

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Widdiful posted:

no they will not

Hey, whats up

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Widdiful posted:

no they will not

five

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

hello inri

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Most big computers come in multiple boxes that are connected together, but I think it's best to put everything in one really big box.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I think we could get a record for worlds funyest computer

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Most big computers come in multiple boxes that are connected together, but I think it's best to put everything in one really big box.

Good plan - although to do this, we might have to make the world's largest box, which could come outside YosPos' purview. I'll let the mods decide.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
ground floor for goon project

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008

no they will not posted:

Let's build the largest computer in the world and get it named after a YosPos meme or in-joke and get it to be in the Guinnesa book of world records.

you seem like a really emotional poster, no you will not. I hope this project goes well for you

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

gnrk posted:

you seem like a really emotional poster, no you will not. I hope this project goes well for you

I'm passionate about my goals, and today my goal is: let's get the guinnes record for world's largest computer. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

no they will not posted:

no they will not

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
you know youve made it big in the pos when ppl start saying your name at you. eg "posting in a skylark thread :buddy:" or "shaggared again " congrats, op.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
squeezed again

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hey its passflips

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_brain

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Citizen Tayne posted:

well i personally disagree, but the world is big enough for a variety of viewpoints

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

alright everyone take a transistor number then we'll distribute the instruction set

i'll make the wiki

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

carry on then posted:

alright everyone take a transistor number then we'll distribute the instruction set

i'll make the wiki

i'll be #69,666,420

Vincent K. McMahon
Sep 13, 2014

by Ralp
YOSPOS Project: Let's get the Guinness.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
yes, they will too

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Squeezy Farm posted:

you know youve made it big in the pos when ppl start saying your name at you. eg "posting in a skylark thread :buddy:" or "shaggared again " congrats, op.

:unsmith:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Squeezy Farm posted:

people sometimes say my name but i dont think they want me to stick around

get out of fyad
Mar 27, 2013
If you cool the computer using the pacific ocean you can say the whole ocean is part of the computer :)

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

get out of fyad posted:

If you cool the computer using the pacific ocean you can say the whole ocean is part of the computer :)

this is a good and cool idea

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
this might work

honkwins
Jun 24, 2011

a high-protein meat alternative

you've already made teh worst thread ever just go with that

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

get out of fyad posted:

Good idea - however, if you put the computer in the ocean it'll fall (or "sink") to the bottom of the ocean, making it extremely hard to plug in a usb keyboard or mouse.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

just teach ur mom maths, op :xd:

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 401 days!

no they will not posted:

Good idea - however, if you put the computer in the ocean it'll fall (or "sink") to the bottom of the ocean, making it extremely hard to plug in a usb keyboard or mouse.

this is exactly the kind of problem that wireless mice and keyboards are for.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

no they will not posted:

u could make a little desk + mousepad for it out of cork,. need some yospos brains to weigh in on the frictional properties of cork however -- might not be practical for use as a real mousepad.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

spankmeister posted:

just teach ur mom maths, op :xd:

you're gay.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

some yospos brains to weigh in on the frictional properties of cork

its v good

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
A computer this large, and big, is going to cost... um, a lot of money. I'll make a kickstarte rto help raise the necessary funds.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

A computer this large, and big, is going to cost... um, a lot of money. I'll make a kickstarte rto help raise the necessary funds.

rob a bank, well get more money faster and wont feel as guilty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

wesley snypes posted:

this is exactly the kind of problem that wireless mice and keyboards are for.

wireless radiation can't penetrate seawater. you will need a really really long extension cable. i recommend monster(r) brand

• Locked thread