Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Born Approx.
Oct 30, 2011
Man it's good to see the Matt Kemp 400 foot pop up back after the last couple years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Petit's been painting the corners all day but not that time

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Hey let's check in on the angels offense they've scored like 90 runs in the last 10 games oh look they're being no hit with 1bb through 6 that's cool too. And pulling starters.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Good Dog posted:

Hey let's check in on the angels offense they've scored like 90 runs in the last 10 games oh look they're being no hit with 1bb through 6 that's cool too. And pulling starters.

good thing there aren't any astros fans here to get mad at you for this

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Yeah oh well.

Naturally both runners the angels have had got doubled off the very next batter.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
poor angels

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
mariners! a chance of good things!

e:nope

Thesoro fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 14, 2014

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Thesoro posted:

mariners! a chance of good things!

eat poo poo hopehaver

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Lmao

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
and of course it would be Duffy who gets the RBI off Kershaw

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
That's exactly what the Dodgers didn't want in CF, for Puig to nearly smash Gordon.

The Born Approx.
Oct 30, 2011
Jfc puig is like 3 times the size of gordon

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

dee gordon taking out puig with the soccer style tackle lol

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Puig reminds me of when Captain America is running around in the films and has no control over his body and just smashes into stuff

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Braves just got swept at home by the worst team in baseball.

That was the Rangers' second sweep all season.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
wow neat corey hart in the outfield who could have possibly predicted that might go wrong

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Doolittle owns. A's take the series, and might be pulling out of the tailspin?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
First back-to-back wins since August 22-23, Brandon Moss hits a home run, Oakland's back baby.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
The hell is with these Orioles uniforms tonight? I know it's because of the Star-Spangled Banner Anniversary but still.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Someone's X-mas wish is for October playoffs? :confused:

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
oh my god there's someone else watching baseball

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Xenophon posted:

oh my god there's someone else watching baseball

:hfive: I don't have anywhere else to be.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
neither do I. Derek Jeter struck out. heh.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Brian McCann homers as a nation turns its lonely eyes to handegg

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Relevant

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.

In. DEEEEEED.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

What's he holding up to his head? Cereal?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:unsmigghh: Yeeeeessss, eat poo poo, Yankees.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
DUBBLE BUBBLE

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
OH poo poo SON.

STEVE PEARCE MAGIC

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Hooray O's :toot:

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

goobernoodles posted:

OH poo poo SON.

STEVE PEARCE MAGIC

I'm glad this is back

see you tomorrow folks

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Os Os Os Os

:smugbird:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

National Broadcasts Tonight
    All times Eastern. Subject to change and Local Market
  • 7:10 pm - New York Yankees at Tampa Bay Rays - MLBN
  • 10:05 pm - Seattle Mariners at Los Angeles Angels - MLBN
  • 10:10 pm - Philadelphia Phillies at San Diego Padres - MLBN

Today in Baseball History
  • 1922 - Catcher Butch Henline is the first National League player to hit three homers in a game since 1897, as the Phils beat the Cards 10-9. Henline's third home run tied the game in the ninth inning and Cliff Lee then hit the game-winning home run.
  • 1938 - Brothers Waner and Paul Waner hit back-to-back homers for the Pittsburgh Pirates off Cliff Melton of the New York Giants. This was the only time brothers hit successive home runs in a Major League game. It was Lloyd Waner's last homer.
  • 1952 - The Braves play their last game in Boston's Braves Field before moving to Milwaukee, losing to Brooklyn's Joe Black 8-2. The crowd of 8,822 is the second largest of the season at the ballpark
  • 1963 - All three Alou brothers - Felipe, Matty and Jesus - played in the outfield at the same time for the San Francisco Giants in a 13-5 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates.
  • 1990 - Bobby Thigpen pitched one inning and became the first relief pitcher with 50 saves in a season as the Chicago White Sox beat the Red Sox 7-4.
  • 1999 - The owners unanimously approved a resolution to redraft the Major League Agreement allowing the American League and National League to merge in all aspects except on the field, where the leagues and divisions will remain the same.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
gently caress. The Nats game is a national broadcast tonight.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

TenaciousJ posted:

gently caress. The Nats game is a national broadcast tonight.

On what network? It isn't listed on either MLB.com or WGN.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

1922 - Catcher Butch Henline is the first National League player to hit three homers in a game since 1897, as the Phils beat the Cards 10-9. Henline's third home run tied the game in the ninth inning and Cliff Lee then hit the game-winning home run.

drat, Cliff Lee's been around for a whole century? He is scrappy.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

On what network? It isn't listed on either MLB.com or WGN.

I'm wrong, I was just confused because I'm not getting a MASN feed for some reason and SportSouth looks like ESPN.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Jesus, deGrom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
These threads sure are dead in September :(

• Locked thread