Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Sunday Standings

National Broadcasts This Week
    All times Eastern. Subject to change and Local Market
  • Sun, Sep 14 - 1:08 pm - Cleveland Indians at Detroit Tigers - TBS
  • Sun, Sep 14 - 1:35 pm - Chicago Cubs at Pittsburgh Pirates -WGN America
  • Sun, Sep 14 - 8:00 pm - New York Yankees at Baltimore Orioles - ESPN
    -
  • Mon, Sep 15 - 7:10 pm - New York Yankees at Tampa Bay Rays - MLBN
  • Mon, Sep 15 - 10:05 pm - Seattle Mariners at Los Angeles Angels - MLBN
  • Mon, Sep 15 - 10:10 pm - Philadelphia Phillies at San Diego Padres - MLBN
    -
  • Tue, Sep 15 - 8:05 pm - Cincinnati Reds at Chicago Cubs - WGN America
  • Tue, Sep 16 - 8:15 pm - Milwaukee Brewers at St. Louis Cardinals - ESPN
  • Tue, Sep 16 - 10:05 pm - Seattle Mariners at Los Angeles Angels - MLBN
  • Tue, Sep 16 - 10:05 pm - Texas Rangers at Oakland Athletics - MLBN
    -
  • Wed, Sep 17 - 3:10 pm - Los Angeles Dodgers at Colorado Rockies - MLBN
  • Wed, Sep 17 - 3:40 pm - San Francisco Giants at Arizona Diamondbacks - MLBN
  • Wed, Sep 17 - 7:10 pm - Washington Nationals at Atlanta Braves - ESPN
  • Wed, Sep 17 - 10:05 pm - Seattle Mariners at Los Angeles Angels - ESPN
    -
  • Thu, Sep 18 - 3:35 pm - Texas Rangers at Oakland Athletics - MLBN
  • Thu, Sep 18 - 8:05 pm - Los Angeles Dodgers at Chicago Cubs - MLBN
  • Thu, Sep 18 - 8:15 pm - Milwaukee Brewers at St. Louis Cardinals - MLBN
    -
  • Fri, Sep 19 - 2:20 pm - Los Angeles Dodgers at Chicago Cubs - WGN America
  • Fri, Sep 19 - 8:10 pm - Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals - ESPN2
  • Fri, Sep 19 - 10:05 pm - Texas Rangers at Los Angeles Angels - MLBN
  • Fri, Sep 19 - 10:10 pm - San Francisco Giants at San Diego Padres - MLBN
    -
  • Sat, Sep 20 - 1:05 pm - Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals - FOX
  • Sat, Sep 20 - 1:05 pm - Los Angeles Dodgers at Chicago Cubs - FOX
  • Sat, Sep 20 - 4:05 pm - Philadelphia Phillies at Oakland Athletics - MLBN
  • Sat, Sep 20 - 4:05 pm - Toronto Blue Jays at New York Yankees - MLBN
  • Sat, Sep 20 - 8:40 pm - San Francisco Giants at San Diego Padres - MLBN
  • Sat, Sep 20 - 9:05 pm - Texas Rangers at Los Angeles Angels - MLBN

Tedd_Not_Ed fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

National Broadcasts Today
  • Sun, Sep 14 - 1:08 pm - Cleveland Indians at Detroit Tigers - TBS
  • Sun, Sep 14 - 1:35 pm - Chicago Cubs at Pittsburgh Pirates -WGN America
  • Sun, Sep 14 - 8:00 pm - New York Yankees at Baltimore Orioles - ESPN

Today in Baseball History
  • 1890 - When the Buffalo Players League club captain Jay Faatz disagrees with management, Connie Mack become captain of the team. This unofficially marks the start of Mack's managing career that spans more than half a century.
  • 1955 - Herb Score of the Indians breaks Grover Alexander's rookie record of 235 strikeouts. He finishes the season with 245.
  • 1986 - Bob Brenly of San Francisco tied a Major League record with four errors in one inning, but atoned with two homers, including the game-winner, to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the Atlanta Braves. Brenly, normally a catcher, was playing third base.
  • 1990 - Ken Griffey and his son hit back-to-back homers in the first inning of the Seattle Mariners' 7-5 loss to the California Angels. The unprecedented father-and-son homers came off Kirk McCaskill.
  • 1994 - The baseball season, already shut down by a month-long strike, was canceled along with the World Series in a vote by 26-of-28 teams.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Speaking of bad pitching, it appears Volquez has remembered who he is after all this time.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
A triple play and a dinger. Well this game's only a moderate disaster instead of a complete one then.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
J-hay :swoon:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

achillesforever6 posted:

Wohoo the Cubs are Cubbinging!!!

Oddly enough, "[Team X] is really [Team X]-ing" was one of the titles I considered for last week's GDT

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Raise it :yarr:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
The hell is with these Orioles uniforms tonight? I know it's because of the Star-Spangled Banner Anniversary but still.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Someone's X-mas wish is for October playoffs? :confused:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Xenophon posted:

oh my god there's someone else watching baseball

:hfive: I don't have anywhere else to be.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Relevant

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:unsmigghh: Yeeeeessss, eat poo poo, Yankees.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

National Broadcasts Tonight
  • 7:10 pm - New York Yankees at Tampa Bay Rays - MLBN
  • 10:05 pm - Seattle Mariners at Los Angeles Angels - MLBN
  • 10:10 pm - Philadelphia Phillies at San Diego Padres - MLBN

• 1922 - Catcher Butch Henline is the first National League player to hit three homers in a game since 1897, as the Phils beat the Cards 10-9. Henline's third home run tied the game in the ninth inning and Cliff Lee then hit the game-winning home run.
  • 1938 - Brothers Waner and Paul Waner hit back-to-back homers for the Pittsburgh Pirates off Cliff Melton of the New York Giants. This was the only time brothers hit successive home runs in a Major League game. It was Lloyd Waner's last homer.
  • 1952 - The Braves play their last game in Boston's Braves Field before moving to Milwaukee, losing to Brooklyn's Joe Black 8-2. The crowd of 8,822 is the second largest of the season at the ballpark
  • 1963 - All three Alou brothers - Felipe, Matty and Jesus - played in the outfield at the same time for the San Francisco Giants in a 13-5 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates.
  • 1990 - Bobby Thigpen pitched one inning and became the first relief pitcher with 50 saves in a season as the Chicago White Sox beat the Red Sox 7-4.
  • 1999 - The owners unanimously approved a resolution to redraft the Major League Agreement allowing the American League and National League to merge in all aspects except on the field, where the leagues and divisions will remain the same.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

TenaciousJ posted:

gently caress. The Nats game is a national broadcast tonight.

On what network? It isn't listed on either MLB.com or WGN.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

TenaciousJ posted:

These threads sure are dead in September :(

They've been dead since about May. Thus why we went weekly.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

National Broadcasts Tonight
  • 8:05 pm - Cincinnati Reds at Chicago Cubs - WGN America
  • 8:15 pm - Milwaukee Brewers at St. Louis Cardinals - ESPN
  • 10:05 pm - Seattle Mariners at Los Angeles Angels - MLBN
  • 10:05 pm - Texas Rangers at Oakland Athletics - MLBN

• 1940 - Rookie Johnny Lucadello of the St. Louis Browns hits home runs from each side of the plate against the New York Yankees in a 16-4 Browns win. Only Wally Schang, in 1916, had accomplished the same feat in the American League. Mickey Mantle in 1955 will be the next American League player to do it. These are the only home runs Lucadello hits all year.
  • 1957 - The Los Angeles City Council approves a 300-acre site in Chavez Ravine for a Dodger stadium if the club will finance a public recreation area.
  • 1975 - The Pittsburgh Pirates routed the Chicago Cubs in Wrigley Field 22-0. Rennie Stennett had seven hits, including two two-hit innings.
  • 1988 - Cincinnati's Tom Browning pitched a perfect game as the Reds beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 1-0. Browning struck out eight and allowed only eight balls to be hit out of the infield.
  • 1998 - For only the 30th time in major league history and the 12th time it has been done consecutively, four batters strike out in one inning. Thanks to Randy Knorr's passed ball, Marlin rookie Kirt Ojala accomplishes the feat in the fourth inning of the Marlins' 3-2 defeat to the Expos.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Get on board while you still can
:russbus:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Marte Parte :toot:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Holdzkom holdz strong.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
MLB.tv, I know you're on piss-poor, backwoods college internet, but can you please work just this one time?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
My mother lives in East Maryland, so go O's.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
1 out! :smugbird:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Two outs :smugbird:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mr7mQuGmp0
:smugbird::smugbird::smugbird:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
In other news:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

unsanitary posted:

hey pirates fans, who are you rooting for in this brewers/cardinals matchup

No one. Can a giant meteor please strike St. Louis?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:laffo: Cards.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I don't think either the Tigers or the Royals deserve to win a division.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
It's the Amazing Neverending Ballgame!

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

National Broadcasts Today
  • 3:10 pm - Los Angeles Dodgers at Colorado Rockies - MLBN
  • 3:40 pm - San Francisco Giants at Arizona Diamondbacks - MLBN
  • 7:10 pm - Washington Nationals at Atlanta Braves - ESPN
  • 10:05 pm - Seattle Mariners at Los Angeles Angels - ESPN

• 1900 - Tommy Corcoran of the Reds uncovers a wire in the coaching box that leads across the outfield to the Phils' locker room, where reserve catcher Morgan Murphy is reading the opposing catcher's signs and relaying them to the Phils' coach by a buzzer hidden in the dirt.
  • 1912 - Center fielder Casey Stengel breaks in with Brooklyn and has four singles, a walk, two stolen bases, and two RBI in the 7-3 win over Pittsburgh.
  • 1941 - Stan Musial has two hits in his Major League debut as the Cardinals beat the Boston Braves. Musial, who started the season in the Western Association (Class C), will hit .426 in 12 games.
  • 1955 - Future Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson gets two hits in his first game as the Orioles top the Senators 3-1.
  • 1984 - Reggie Jackson, at thirty-eight, became the thirteenth player in Major League history to record five-hundred home runs. No. 500 came off Kansas City pitcher Bud Black. His homer came exactly seventeen years after he got his first career hit.
  • 2008 - Derek Jeter becomes the all-time hits leader at Yankee Stadium, which will be demolished at the end of the season. The team's shortstop and captain surpasses Lou Gehrig's record with a first-inning single in a 6-2 loss to the White Sox bringing his total to 1,270 at the 85-year-old ballpark.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Rockies this inning:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:staredog: This Rockies game is amazing.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Oh poo poo man, Dodgers comeback starting.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:coffeepal: Love a good cup of Polanco in the evening.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Barmes! :woop:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I like Ike :toot:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
E: double post

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Justin Wilson is the new Ernesto Frieri in that I really get nervous every time he takes the mound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

• Locked thread