Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Minrad posted:

the space game bubble popping is gonna be the greatest economy crash since the great mmo bubble burst with wildstar

speaking of Wildstar, now there's a hilariously poorly managed game. are we expanding the scope of this thread to failed products of any kind?
I genuinely liked a lot of the concepts in Wildstar, but much like Geauga Lake they mashed too much poo poo in one giant mess and didn't manage to make it mesh together well or even make sure it wasn't buggy as poo poo. Sad really, though even from day one the cash shop framework was in there so we all saw the backup plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

A Spider Covets posted:

video gayme failure comedy only pls

are we also doing dayz cause that poo poo is going on 12 months without leaving the alpha phase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_wrsC7Ll08

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

are we also doing dayz cause that poo poo is going on 12 months without leaving the alpha phase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_wrsC7Ll08

you bet your sweet Russian rear end we are. post that poo poo

sent mods a pm to edit thread title so it's not just transverse and star citizen although those two generate the most schadenfreude imo

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/63232/updates

4000 votes. 4000 votes for a lego model of a spaceship for a game that does not exist

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

emanresu tnuocca posted:

at this rate by the time DayZ is complete, or playable, there would be about 5,000 people who still care so basically Bohemia could at some point in the future simply gradually divert funds and resources from the game and cash some mad bank.

Lol every bought copy is already going straight into their pockets and not back into development I"m pretty sure.

tomstuart posted:

star shitizen: the tournament: the gathering

http://citizenscup.org/

Wait so they're going to have a tournament for a game with a broken dog fighting module that has like 4 ships in it? That barely functions and crashes a poo poo ton?

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 16, 2014

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

A Spider Covets posted:

you bet your sweet Russian rear end we are. post that poo poo

sent mods a pm to edit thread title so it's not just transverse and star citizen although those two generate the most schadenfreude imo

If they are taking away my precious REDACTED then they need to be active about keeping the title current with the fail.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I'm almost disappointed that tverse is going to fail cause i admire how little effort they're putting into this whole thing

Haha that video was amazing. If they put the guy in a space suit and had him sitting there with a joystick making laser noises it prolly would a raised a few more hundred.

is this SA? Or where is this? That second quote is sarcasm right?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Call the thread Scam Citizen, DayZ Still ALpha, And Many More Manchild Game Funding Disasters.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Al Borland posted:

Call the thread Scam Citizen, DayZ Still ALpha, And Many More Manchild Game Funding Disasters.

yeah transverse doesnt deserve to be in the title yet. It hasnt reached that level but Im hoping it will.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jst0rm posted:

If they are taking away my precious REDACTED then they need to be active about keeping the title current with the fail.
nobody owes you a god drat thing

and stop referencing it on the sly. if i can let it go you can too

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

nobody owes you a god drat thing

and stop referencing it on the sly. if i can let it go you can too

:qq:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Speaking of wastes of money...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Minrad posted:

Speaking of wastes of money...
but i like the lovely kitty

Oh, there's an ad banner down there :doh:

edit: Ohh, that's probably where all those people who reamed me a new one in the QCS came from. Well gently caress you, whoever spent money on that, you rear end in a top hat.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 16, 2014

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

star_citizen.txt posted:

I can provide several examples of what I consider to be clear evidence of an "inner circle" within ReddFaction. The first being you and your position. You preside over a 1-ish man org, yet you were grandfathered in with the other groups. As Joe pointed out, the other groups were fairly loyal to you, and you gained a seat on the Supreme Council.

The second is UFS and the Gold Council. Nano was quick to seize power as the comptroller and appoint a member of his own org (who rarely showed at meetings) to the Citizen's advocate position. This is a position that is supposed to voice concerns of all general members of Gold, and to be a part of an org is sure to be a conflict of interest. Nano failed to do this democratically, and he was essentially guaranteed at least 2 votes, with another coming from a very loyal follower. The first election, I voted for Nano because he was really the only one who put himself forward. I knew nothing about him. The second election, Nano had used his votes and had secured a split even before I saw the thread, so I had little option to vote him.

And Rhone, this is directed at you, but I have it on good authority that you didn't attend many, if any, Gold Committee meetings, so it seems you shoulder at least some of the burden for the issue of lack of communication.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Gold never had more than 4 or 5 meetings. I attended 2 and sent another representative to at least another two (where he was denied my vote, even though I had given him permission). I'm sorry if I missed one.

Could you please state which matters these include? I don't recall any secrecy or acting in private on my part. I wont disagree with us being bad at keeping records, but part of that is simply a lack of things to keep a record off. Again, recent steps have been made to improve communication.

One example was when the Supreme Council met and decreed that all MOs must have ReddFaction in their banner. This was never brought to my attention as a matter of discussion, and as such I had no way of communicating my opinion to my Rep, Nano. I also received a very forceful PM about it, which was upsetting.[1]

A second major example was the activities of the Department of the Interior, led by Forevermoore. Apparently, he had sent out diplomats to several major orgs, and in so doing, had aggravated some of them. It was supposed to be in the committee's power to allow organizations to join, so surely reaching out to them should have been sanctioned by the committees. If I had any say in the matter, I would have certainly objected to this, but it was all conducted in secrecy, and we only found out after an irritated XPLOR let a Supreme Council Rep know what had happened.
Hope that clears it up.

i know this is from 800 years ago but i just want to put it out there again and says if we can't keep a thread open to mock these people then we have all failed

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
My posting career is ruined

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Fetus Tree posted:

My posting career is ruined

no that happened right around the time you decided to "ironically" defend a pedophile

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

no that happened right around the time you decided to "ironically" defend a pedophile

he's a man of principle

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Al Borland posted:

Haha that video was amazing. If they put the guy in a space suit and had him sitting there with a joystick making laser noises it prolly would a raised a few more hundred.

is this SA? Or where is this? That second quote is sarcasm right?

Direct quote from transverse forums thread, first response.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It wasnt ironic

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Fetus Tree posted:

It wasnt ironic

please lets not go down this road again.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Did people ask for a race mode or was that just implemented?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Over There posted:

Did people ask for a race mode or was that just implemented?

it seems like the devs got together and desperately tried to puzzle out literally any activity players could do with requiring any additional actual work on their lovely pre-pre-alpha

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

tomstuart posted:

Direct quote from transverse forums thread, first response.

I need links to this please.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Al Borland posted:

I need links to this please.

it was in the other... oh wait.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
:siren:
It happened
http://www.gamepolitics.com/2014/09/15/microsoft-buys-minecraft-maker-25-billion#.VBeM3PldUeo

Holy poo poo Microsoft, how dumb are you?

I mean how the gently caress do they see making money off it?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Al Borland posted:

I can't wait to play Minecraft One

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

CrashCat posted:

I can't wait to play Minecraft One

it comes with free bing toolbar and MSLive accounts for login!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Al Borland posted:

It happened
http://www.gamepolitics.com/2014/09/15/microsoft-buys-minecraft-maker-25-billion#.VBeM3PldUeo

mojang just put out a pretty incredible press release

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

why is it called trans citizen. like if you are a boy irl do you have to play a girl character

Lazy Broker
Jul 9, 2013

Whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?

Parallax Scroll posted:

why is it called trans citizen. like if you are a boy irl do you have to play a girl character

Trap Citizen

Great Orb!
Feb 4, 2009

Al Borland posted:

It happened

Minecraft is popular with kids and their parents look at and go "huh well that's neat i guess i'll buy my kid this shirt with the funny-looking pig on it".

MS is probably milking the hell out of that sweet licensing dosh.

Great Orb! fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 16, 2014

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
fetus tree nooooo

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
on the hierarchy of human beings people who are active participants in a guild or clan community for a videogame that isn't actually out yet are like, two rungs below freegans and one rung above those asian women who kill small animals with high heels for foot fetishists

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

OP updated with some links and poo poo

lmao even EVE players are giggling over transverse
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?find=unread&g=posts&t=372910
star citizen too of course
http://forums.starcitizenbase.com/topic/11639-transverse-a-new-crowdfunded-space-mmo/page-4
and mwo
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/170725-regarding-reddit/

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

When I look at Star Citizen compared to transverse I actually see a not as lovely dogfighting game. What's wrong with me?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Transverse funding goals posted:

Spaceships - Flight

Type: Feature

Backers have unlocked the basic flight mechanics of spaceflight! Take to the stars in your backer ship. To celebrate this first goal we are giving every backer who pledges until this point a unique founder's synthetic avatar and alternate founder's geometry for their backer ship!
$1,500,000
Spaceships - Construction

Ship construction unlocked! Backers will now be to configure backer ship weapons and equipment. As a reward for reaching this new goal, backers will receive custom set of founder's decorations for their starting ship hangar located on one of the Fringe Outposts!
$2,000,000
Spaceships - Combat

Let the battle begin! Backers will now be able to fight each other online in local space instances. As a reward for continuing to support Transverse's production, all backers to this point will receive a set of founder's weapons featuring custom geometry and special FX.

Is this a high-concept Star Citizen parody? "Give us 2,000,000 and it'll be an actual game. Give us 1,000,000 and you can at least move your ship. Less than that and you just get to stare at it all day."

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

is that how you speak to one another in mensa meetings

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Is this a high-concept Star Citizen parody? "Give us 2,000,000 and it'll be an actual game. Give us 1,000,000 and you can at least move your ship. Less than that and you just get to stare at it all day."

Feature

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I can't believe they've pretty much exiled themselves from all major forums through sheer stupidity. Like looking at the stretch goals it feels like pure comedic genius that we're not getting here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Zombies' Downfall posted:

on the hierarchy of human beings people who are active participants in a guild or clan community for a videogame that isn't actually out yet are like, two rungs below freegans and one rung above those asian women who kill small animals with high heels for foot fetishists
I could see it if there was actually stuff to do in testing, but Star Citizen hardly qualifies for that. The sheer amount of theorycrafting they do with none of the details actually available aside from fake numbers and sales brochures is astounding.

• Locked thread