Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Some news about myCareer. Sounds like they are crafting an actual story so to speak, which sounds pretty cool.

Also, you can apparently chase your agent around your living room.

I choose to believe he's chasing him to fix that loving awful hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Lockback posted:

Some news about myCareer. Sounds like they are crafting an actual story so to speak, which sounds pretty cool.

Yeah, sounds good. Glad I don't have to play hours of loving games with the Jazz before I can request a trade.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Also like he mentioned in the video this means you'll get to see free agency right away at the end of the first (half) season instead of being bound to the team by some lovely rookie contract that you can't negotiate.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Playing on 10-day contracts sounds really cool too. It's an elegant way to solve the problem of fit. If you are a bad fit, you'll probably do poorly and you can just move on to the next game.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That's goddamn awesome, No longer will I be stuck on a rookie contract while I'm putting up 40-15-6-9 as a point guard.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lockback posted:

Chasing the agent looks hilarious. It's cool that you can pick your team but I wish there was also still a way to get drafted. Though the way they are doing it seems fun.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Dell is offering a $25 GC with pre-order of NBA2k15 on Xbone and PS4(unknown how long this will last, so if you want to do it, go fast). Add to cart to see the offer.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A7912418&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

Edit: Nice. I had already pre-ordered through Dell, I contacted them via chat and they sent me an email to reply to after it was shipped to get the $25 GC.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 25, 2014

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
New trailer today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo3mc4qgx0A

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What are the teams hinted at in 2:10-2:15 of this video?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Spacebump posted:

What are the teams hinted at in 2:10-2:15 of this video?

Looks like online crews is coming back?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Fucks sake

Pharrell and his stupid hat are in 'NBA 2K15'

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

NBA2K15 (Steam) is $45 on GMG if you use the coupon PLAYFI-RESEPT-25DEAL

It's eligible for the preorder bonuses (5,000 VC, Choice of International Player MyTEAM Card, Two MyTEAM Card Packs, MyPLAYER leg sleeves) and also gives you the GMG welcome pack for 4 free games if you already had a GMG account.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

ihatepants posted:

NBA2K15 (Steam) is $45 on GMG if you use the coupon PLAYFI-RESEPT-25DEAL

It's eligible for the preorder bonuses (5,000 VC, Choice of International Player MyTEAM Card, Two MyTEAM Card Packs, MyPLAYER leg sleeves) and also gives you the GMG welcome pack for 4 free games if you already had a GMG account.

Thanks!

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Should I get this for pc or ps3?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

joshtothemaxx posted:

Should I get this for pc or ps3?

PC is gonna get the exact same version as PS4/Xbone, so.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
From 2k's history, get the console version because they treat the PC like dogshit in terms of patches and stuff. I still remember 2k12 or something that never got the offensive rebounding patch.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The current gen versions will have the same features as past gen right?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

quote:

44 Things We Know About NBA 2K15

Earlier this month we revealed everything we knew about the improvements coming to the MyGM mode, which promises several innovations that could make NBA 2K15 the destination sports game for franchise mode fans. Now after sitting down with senior producer Rob Jones we have more details surrounding the game presentation, gameplay, MyLeague, MyCareer, and the popular MyCareer role-player mode. Check out the new intel below:

PRESENTATION

As requested, NBA 2K15 ditches the simplistic menus from last year in favor of a much more visually stimulating user interface.

The centerpiece of the new menu is 2KTV, a new weekly streaming in-game broadcast hosted by Rachel DeMita. No stranger to hoop life, DeMita is a former McDonald's All-American nominee who played college basketball at Old Dominion.
2KTV is a Visual Concepts produced show created to highlight community happenings (such as calling out leaderboard leaders, contest winners, or impressive user highlights), discuss game updates or strategies with developers, and showcase behind-the-scenes footage of the NBA lifestyle with some of your favorite players.

The year brings back the pre-game show starring Ernie Johnson and Shaquille O'Neal, who analyze the matchup. Shaq will showcase his signature sense of humor as well.

On-court visual enhancements include scanning close to 100 percent of the league players, including rookies. One of the most noticeable improvements is the animated hair, which now moves instead of looking painted onto the player sculpts.

A new create-a-player interface gives you more tools than ever before to create players you can place on NBA rosters. You can tweak everything from forehead and jawline to ears, eyes, and lips.

Many of the facial features and hairstyles are pulled from other NBA players, so if you want to rock the Ginobli bald spot with the sharp Artest cheekbones you can.

For the first time in the series, users can scan their own faces into the game using PlayStation Camera and Kinect for the PS4 and Xbox One, respectively.

You can used your scanned player model across all the modes your MyPlayer appears in, including MyCareer and online.

The in-arena experience has also been bolstered by the addition of cheerleaders, mascots, big heads in the stands, player introductions, the national anthem, more context appropriate crowd reactions, and more variation in their animations.

After big plays, Visual Concepts has worked in new camera angles to highlight player reactions.

GAMEPLAY

To help players who have trouble locking down the timing for particular players, Visual Concepts has built a new dynamic shot meter. This colored meter makes it easier to tell when your player is in a range where he is comfortable shooting from, as well as noting where hot and cold spots are for players. An indicator gives you a visual cue of when to release the shot, which is helpful since various players have different optimal release points.

The new shooting system is not meant to be a shot meter that guarantees you making the shot. It's just a learning mechanism for teaching the player where the release is. The developers adjusted the way the programming calculates your chance of making a shot to make it more dependent on your timing instead of behind-the-scenes parameters. That said, the system is smart enough to make sure players aren't sinking 100-percent of their shots when they have a hand in their face or when shooting from a cold spot even if their timing was right on.

To improve the defense and make A.I. players look more in control, Visual Concepts fixed how they move in small spaces, making it look less frantic. They are much better at avoiding overreactions and react more fluidly when adjusting to offensive movement. Since they stay at home, it's easier to re-orient yourself when you switch to a new defender as well.

The developers spent time working on collisions to bring more realistic contact into the paint. You should see more post-contact animations and a reduced amount of clipping. If you go up for a dunk and get hit before you see the rim, you see the guy spill out and completely miss the shot instead of finishing it.

To help differentiate between teams after a set play breaks down, each one uses their true base set in NBA 2K15. Now when you play the Heat, which Jones jokes doesn't truly have a big (sorry Bosh), they will run a four-out one-in set. The Spurs, on the other hand, will have three-out two-in base set.

The enhanced A.I. also opens up repeatable conditions. Once you learn its tendencies with your team you can force a specific movement by either putting the ball in a particular spot or making particular movements. This should help you create ad hoc scoring opportunities on the fly when you're running out of your base set instead of calling a play.

Points of emphasis return from last year, but in addition NBA 2K15 brings back the more granular strategy system from previous iterations that allow you to designate double teams and dictate how tight you want your players to guard specific threats on the opposing team.

All the players have their signature size-ups, which you can activate by tapping the right stick toward the rim while stationary.

Like FIFA, players are designated with badges in addition to ratings so you know what kind of style they bring to the court. Players can have up to 70 badges. The player with the most badges right now is (no surprise) LeBron James, with 47.

2KU has been enhanced with videos as well as the practice mode. Cover athlete Kevin Durant and other players have lent their voice to offer instructions.

Euroleague returns with an expanded roster and playbook of plays tailored just for Europe.

Euroleague is available for play in MyLeague as well.

MYCAREER

Last's years role-playing experience complete with cutscenes was a big hit with fans, so Visual Concepts is doubling down with another story featuring a new player of your creation (your player from last year will not import into the game).

Instead of focusing on relationships with made up characters like last year's rival Jackson Ellis, NBA 2K15 focuses on team relationships and learning to play the game of basketball correctly.
To achieve this goal, Visual Concepts recorded audio with players from every NBA team, so no matter which squad you end up on you will have interactions with a mentor player.
Instead of going through the draft process, you begin as an undrafted free agent who is hot under the collar because he was overlooked on draft day. Your agent works to get you tryouts with multiple teams.

You choose which team to try out for, but you must keep in mind what the depth chart looks like. A handy hub screen gives you a quick glance at the current depth chart as well as the grade you'll need to reach to receive a job offer. If you want to crack the roster of a great team with depth, you will need to have a lights-out performance.

Once you sign that first 10-day contract, it's up to you to make the most of the opportunity and carve a permanent position on the roster.

During your second year, Doc Rivers will take over as the head coach of your team. Players will have a more intense relationship with Rivers than with the coaches from last year, as he has expectations for how he wants you to perform and what you should be focusing on in a particular game situation. These include tutorial-like pre-game meetings with assistant coaches where they go over points of emphasis.

MyCareer also features all new endorsements for your player to earn through playing well and gaining more recognition throughout the league.

The new MyCareer mode lets you skip games if you prefer to move more quickly through seasons. You can choose which games you want to play, and certain games against good teams or rivals will yield more VC than when you match up with a creampuff team like the Timberwolves or Pistons.

To keep players from maxing out all their skills with 99 ratings, the developers are changing how you upgrade your player. Instead of micromanaging how points fall into individual attributes, you drop them into buckets based on specialties like perimeter shooting, dunking, defense, and passing. You can upgrade multiple buckets, but you have a limited amount of total upgrades. This creates more realistic progressions and guarantees that players max out in the low 90s overall instead of at 99.

To reward those who play the game well over those who spend their way to a maxed out player, Visual Concepts is introducing badges to MyCareer.-Badges are earned by completing in-game feats and give you specific performance boosts that increase your overall abilities past the low 90s ratings cap. A total of 77 badge types are available, and most have bronze, silver, and gold levels.

Some of the categories players can earn badges in include athleticism, rebounding, interior scoring, perimeter scoring, playmaking, and defense.

2K has tweaked the teammate grade slightly from last year, specifically removing the "call for bad pass" penalty.

MYLEAGUE

MyLeague strips the role-playing elements from the MyGM mode and allows players to take control of every aspect of a league, including governing multiple teams. Everything else is in the game, including injury system, new scouting, trade mechanics, and SimCast.

Customization options include season length, fantasy drafts, custom rosters, trade logic settings, controlling the player morale system, and tweaking draft class quality.

MyLeague is not online this year, but 2K hopes to add this functionality in the future You can, however, still play in a regular online league.

MYTEAM

MyTeam is bolstered this year with the addition of an auction house much like those found in EA's Ultimate Team modes. This is not supported by the companion app.

New content, challenges, and players all make appearances this year.

New players include legends like Bernard King, Bob Cousy, Nate Archibald, Rick Barry, Tom Chambers, and Kevin Johnson.

Tournament mode features updated challenges your team must complete to win.

2K HEROES

Replacing last year's Path To Greatness mode on old-gen consoles, this year Visual Concepts introduces a new mode called 2K Heroes where popular players select their dream teams from the vault of basketball history and pit them against on another.

Participating players include cover athlete Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Shaquille O'Neal, LeBron James, David Robinson, James Worthy, Clyde Drexler, and Michael Jordan. The players serve as the captains of their respective teams.

Each team represents a charity, and 2K will make a donation to the charity for the team that wins the most games by the All-Star Weekend.

NBA 2K15 releases on October 7 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Doc Rivers being your coach no matter what seems kinda weird, but I guess I can live with it.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That sounds really, really cool, actually.

Pretty much all of it, especially the way upgrading your career mode guy is gonna work, seems like some good stuff.

e: Also Doc Rivers owns so having him come be your coach sounds really awesome.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

hopterque posted:

That sounds really, really cool, actually.

Pretty much all of it, especially the way upgrading your career mode guy is gonna work, seems like some good stuff.

e: Also Doc Rivers owns so having him come be your coach sounds really awesome.

So if I'm on the Mavs in year two I'll be forced to downgrade coaches, boo. This game is going to be a lot of fun. Doesn't look like they were able to get Kareem for the Showtime Lakers again, guess nobody will be using those teams online.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Why don't more goons play NBA2k?

:( its so good

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Inside Outside posted:

To help players who have trouble locking down the timing for particular players, Visual Concepts has built a new dynamic shot meter. This colored meter makes it easier to tell when your player is in a range where he is comfortable shooting from, as well as noting where hot and cold spots are for players. An indicator gives you a visual cue of when to release the shot, which is helpful since various players have different optimal release points.

wasn't this exact thing in like 2K6 or 2K7?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I really hope they scripted some funny responses if you are on the Celtics and Doc comes back. What's funnier, Pops or Carlisle getting fired for Doc Rivers or Doc randomly deciding the Timberwolves or Bucks are the team for him?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
who's getting this on PC? I skipped it last year, but seeing that it's going to be the next-gen version has me almost ready to drop $45 on it.

If the multiplayer actually works this year, would I have anyone to play against (or with possibly)?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I am, and a couple other goons that I know of are for sure.

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009
I'm getting it on PC but if the multiplayer is anything like previous versions you can't choose who to play against. You have to enter the queue and hope you get matched up with who you're looking to play with.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

BIFF! posted:

I'm getting it on PC but if the multiplayer is anything like previous versions you can't choose who to play against. You have to enter the queue and hope you get matched up with who you're looking to play with.

I'd guess, much like everything else that basically never got patched or updated in the last few years of NBA 2K on pc, this will change a lot. As far as I know 2K15 is using Steamworks for the multiplayer stuff and with all the new game modes, etc, it's gonna be a totally different situation.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

hopterque posted:

I'd guess, much like everything else that basically never got patched or updated in the last few years of NBA 2K on pc, this will change a lot. As far as I know 2K15 is using Steamworks for the multiplayer stuff and with all the new game modes, etc, it's gonna be a totally different situation.

THIS YEAR WE TOTALLY MEAN IT

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Duggler posted:

Why don't more goons play NBA2k?

:( its so good

I play it but completely forget this sports gamer ghetto exists for weeks at a time. I've been posting about it mainly in the PS4 thread.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I've got it preordered on steam also. This would be my first sports game on pc in at least a decade.

I'm an aus goon so I have no idea what the latency would be like in something like this.

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009

Copper For Lyfe posted:

I've got it preordered on steam also. This would be my first sports game on pc in at least a decade.

I'm an aus goon so I have no idea what the latency would be like in something like this.

I played hopterque in 2k13 from Seattle to Germany and it was fine one game and laggy as poo poo the next so who knows

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'll probably play a good amount this year since the game play is the most fun its been in years.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Sigh, I'm about to pay full price(60) for a game that 2k is not going to support at all, and multiplayer will still continue to not work. hooraay

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Streaming a full 5 on 5 game at 4pt/7et

twitch.tv/2k

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dexo posted:

Sigh, I'm about to pay full price(60) for a game that 2k is not going to support at all, and multiplayer will still continue to not work. hooraay

On PC? You should be able to get it for less than $60...

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Hell I just spent 50 bucks on the goddamn PS Camera because I want to see my ugly face in a video game. Fuckin 2k

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dexo posted:

You say this, but Ronnie2K has made an appearance on the steam forums for the game, and even answered a few questions.

Maybe even Visual Concepts has finally realized that PC Gaming is alive and well?

Combined with the leaked stuff about WWE 2K15 coming to PC as well, and Fifa 15 getting the full next gen treatment on PC, maybe sports games are gonna make a comeback.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 30, 2014

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Bought it because of the GMG discount. Hope they keep up with it on PC but will be glad just having the next gen features probably.

Some Jerk
May 6, 2010
I'm going :filez: because I 100,000% do not believe a word about PC getting the full version, much less patches. If I'm wrong I will be more than happy to buy it next year. You've burned me too many times you 2K bastards :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Some Jerk posted:

I'm going :filez: because I 100,000% do not believe a word about PC getting the full version, much less patches. If I'm wrong I will be more than happy to buy it next year. You've burned me too many times you 2K bastards :argh:

Hahaha, are you for real.

• Locked thread