Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Anyone else having a hillarious amount of Server problems on the PC?

Like I'm stuck unable to update my dude, because the game can't loving calculate how many VC it's going to cost me. This is some bullshit yo.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dexo posted:

Anyone else having a hillarious amount of Server problems on the PC?

Like I'm stuck unable to update my dude, because the game can't loving calculate how many VC it's going to cost me. This is some bullshit yo.

It's not just PC right now as far as I know, 2k is getting wrecked right now.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got a few hours in a round noon before I figured the servers would tank when people got home from school and work. Good enough for now.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
I wish I could tell you that I didn't spend SEVERAL HOURS trying to get this right.

I had to wait for a good amount of natural light and had to sit a certain distance from said source of light and in order to move my head any more smoothly I'd need to set my decapitated head on a spitroast.

Here is me

Here is the resulting scan that is fairly accurate but I have to modify my head :

There are some small imperfections around the neck transition and lips but gently caress THIS IM NOT DOING IT ANYMORE.

Last night I was fuckin moving lamps and all sorts of stuff trying to get it lit properly.

never forget

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh god I have the darkest apartment to ever exist (1970s north-facing ground floor in Vancouver) and bought a ps4 camera just for this, afraid to see the results when I get home.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

How in the world do you play defense in this game?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Voice 1 is a really lovely actor but my only other option is the same drat voice from the last 3 or 4 games so v:v:v

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Reverse Centaur posted:

Oh god I have the darkest apartment to ever exist (1970s north-facing ground floor in Vancouver) and bought a ps4 camera just for this, afraid to see the results when I get home.

Similar apartment setup. Unless you somehow have a sunny day tomorrow, expect to spend a couple hours being angry at technology.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

BIFF! posted:

This is all pretty obivious stuff but did you update your GPU drivers, verify files on Steam, etc.?

It has taken like 5 hours to verify the game and it's still going.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
So is this game awesome or what? I played 2k14. I enjoyed it, but since I didn't own it I don't think I got enough out of it to really judge it.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Oh my god why does it keep making me play this Spurs/Heat game? I've played it twice and it just keeps doing it over and over?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

ihatepants posted:

Locker code for 1000VC: IWATCHEDNBA2KTV

Thanks

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Okay, am I seriously better off just redownloading the entire game because it takes like 10 minutes minimum to do 1% of verification cache.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
We have some server issues and are working our asses off to get them fixed. Sorry yall :(

Mandrel posted:

Oh my god why does it keep making me play this Spurs/Heat game? I've played it twice and it just keeps doing it over and over?

Its still installing

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
So PC servers are totally hosed, right?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TubeStank posted:

So PC servers are totally hosed, right?

All of the servers are totally hosed.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

May God have mercy on your soul if you are assigned to guard Dirk

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

The Duggler posted:

May God have mercy on your soul if you are assigned to guard Dirk

Just :smug: like :smug: in :smug: real :smug: life :smug:

but seriously as a big man I like guarding stretch bigs because depending on your guys speed you can usually bait them into taking a long shot and recovering enough to get a Good Shot Defense boost if not completely block the shot

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is my net being weird or are the servers kinda janky on PS4?

I will buy the game if this becomes a thing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

Just :smug: like :smug: in :smug: real :smug: life :smug:

but seriously as a big man I like guarding stretch bigs because depending on your guys speed you can usually bait them into taking a long shot and recovering enough to get a Good Shot Defense boost if not completely block the shot

Until you switch to simulation which makes every single big useless

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I think my guy got erased during one of the crashes because now My Player is a totally different looking guy :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

TubeStank posted:

I think my guy got erased during one of the crashes because now My Player is a totally different looking guy :confused: :confused: :confused:

Mine got reset as well. My scan is there, but it is messed up. Reset my name, skin, and other features of the head. it is now like I have a face on my face, it is sticking out so far.

I don't have the patience to sit and try and fix my scan again.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
loving 5 times now. I think I'm just gonna go with what I got and do it again Sunday morning when there is super amount of light. My big window into my living room faces east so I should get plenty of natural light in.

This had 4769 reference points if that helps anyone.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

TubeStank posted:

Probably just the servers making GBS threads the bed. Mine disappeared too, I would assume if we can ever reconnect our original dude is saved server-side.

Server poo poo aside, I'm really not sure what I think about the new shot system. It feels like a response to the (dumb) complaints that "Everything about my shot release was perfect but I still missed! This is bullshit!" 2K14 actually made defense viable, now it seems 2K15 has swung all the way the other direction and made it impossible to play anything resembling consistent defense

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Mandrel posted:

Probably just the servers making GBS threads the bed. Mine disappeared too, I would assume if we can ever reconnect our original dude is saved server-side.

Server poo poo aside, I'm really not sure what I think about the new shot system. It feels like a response to the (dumb) complaints that "Everything about my shot release was perfect but I still missed! This is bullshit!" 2K14 actually made defense viable, now it seems 2K15 has swung all the way the other direction and made it impossible to play anything resembling consistent defense

What do you mean? I've seen plenty of A+ perfect release shots miss.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
Has anybody had a chance to simulate a season or two and see how the stats are? Does the simulation system seem accurate? I was going to pick this up for PC and play it as a Football Manager-style game.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
Edit is not quote

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

It took like, 10 minutes of moving my head back and forth, but I got a pretty awesome face scan finally. I found that putting something white like a T-shirt or towel under your chin really really helps. You can use a lot of light that way but wont get your face washed out as the camera adjusts to the brightness of the brightest object and your visage stays at a natural level

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Only have to get a d+ to get on the Suns. Glad their sg sucks dick
Jesus Christ can the servers stop shutting the bed. I just want to play my player. loving always online bill poo poo.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 8, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hey Glumslinger I found a pretty huge oversight: during the draft in GM mode if you go to "propose trade" there's no way for you to add players that were just drafted, though the AI teams can offer them/ask for them.

Also the first draft was hilarious, SG is so bad throughout the league that there were SGs going off the board with mid second round grades in the lottery. Seven of the first eight picks were SGs :laugh:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Well I just lost myplayer due to the servers making GBS threads the bed. Guess I'll just use a pre-made dude and deal with scanning again later. Beware of buying upgrades with VC you might lose your dude too.

edit: it just came back, i dont understand whats going on

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 8, 2014

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Why do they insist on making you a high functioning retard to start every year in my player? I'm a PG that is terrible at passing and well terrible at everything else too.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

IcePhoenix posted:

Hey Glumslinger I found a pretty huge oversight: during the draft in GM mode if you go to "propose trade" there's no way for you to add players that were just drafted, though the AI teams can offer them/ask for them.

I'll forward it to the appropriate people

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

BrandNew posted:

Why do they insist on making you a high functioning retard to start every year in my player? I'm a PG that is terrible at passing and well terrible at everything else too.

The best was a few years ago when you started off in the NBDL and your teammates were just as wretched as you were.

Edit: For what's its worth, I enjoyed the NBDL start but I just wish there was an option to choose what kind of rookie career path you wanted to take. (like Option A: The Lebron-style High School Phenom or Option B: The small school star trying to work his way up)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Swagger Dagger posted:

How in the world do you play defense in this game?

I too need this because seriously D is wrecking my ratings. It's totally fair of course, a player who only can do offence would rightly be seen as a 'why are you here again' dude, but man is it annoying to go from a solid grade to C- because the dude I'm covering keeps slipping me and managing to dunk on my rear end.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Can you tell those people to actually make decent roster as well

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

Faltese Malkin posted:

The best was a few years ago when you started off in the NBDL and your teammates were just as wretched as you were.

Edit: For what's its worth, I enjoyed the NBDL start but I just wish there was an option to choose what kind of rookie career path you wanted to take. (like Option A: The Lebron-style High School Phenom or Option B: The small school star trying to work his way up)

Yeah, I would much prefer choosing to be a lottery talent thats like a 73 with legitimate skills at the game of basketball instead of guy that has played some rec league games and is going straight to the NBA.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Channing Frye told me I played like a 50 year old rec league bum

edit: anyone want to try to play a game on PC? I'm so bad, I haven't played since 2K11

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Glumslinger posted:

Thanks man, I know GM mode probably gets the least love overall but I love stuff like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Okay seriously, there must be some secret to playing defense that I don't understand. Does the game expect me to keep switching to different players on the team constantly? I feel like I'm covering my man fine but then someone else gets blown by so it doesn't actually matter.

Edit: I think I also need to switch to a camera angle that's not the default since half the time I can't actually see where I am/who I'm supposed to be defending until the play's starting.

• Locked thread