Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Huh so in GM mode I could only select one option in chat regardless of whether my controller was plugged in or if I was using my keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Up your lateral quickness (defender bucket). It starts super low but it only takes a few bars to get it high enough that you can begin to shut dudes down.

Hold L2 and R2 and don't move too much, if you bite on anything you're hosed

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah, servers are in Full Meltdown Mode on PS4. Lost my MyPlayer three times.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Sky Shadowing posted:

Yeah, servers are in Full Meltdown Mode on PS4. Lost my MyPlayer three times.

Ya I'm going to check back in a few hours when east coast has gone to sleep. This will also probably be the last time I buy this game on release day.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I just lost my MyPlayer on PC as well

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm still getting the hang of playing this (2k13 was my last go) but the motion is great. One thing I've noticed is that it's stupidly easy to get and score on breaks.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Looks like the servers are still making GBS threads the bed. That's cool. Didn't want to play the game right away anyways.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
loving hell, the game still crashes past the unskippable opening. 6 times now, what the gently caress.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Lord help me I lost my myplayer as well. GOOD LORD NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

wtfmoses posted:

Lord help me I lost my myplayer as well. GOOD LORD NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You should get it back when the servers stop crapping the bed. I got mine back then I just kept going when it made me make a new dude and he's gone but I think I'll get it back. Best to just stop playing tonight.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Yeah, so my preorder KD pack that I guess was supposed to have rookie KD just gave me Glen Davis, Jason Terry, and some bullshit attribute boosts. Cool.

Also holy poo poo I didn't think the soundtrack could get any worse than in 2k13 but boy howdy was I wrong

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Mandrel posted:

Yeah, so my preorder KD pack that I guess was supposed to have rookie KD just gave me Glen Davis, Jason Terry, and some bullshit attribute boosts. Cool.

Also holy poo poo I didn't think the soundtrack could get any worse than in 2k13 but boy howdy was I wrong

No one person will ever like the soundtrack. Hope for a few good songs.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Anyone get the PC version cheap? I know there were some deals for FIFA and I haven't checked with the goon in SA Mart that has cheap steam games.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Tae posted:

loving hell, the game still crashes past the unskippable opening. 6 times now, what the gently caress.
fwiw my friend says he's getting this too so hope that it's either related to the servers or is a common enough problem that it'll get fixed soon.

Mandrel posted:

I don't remember the last sports game I owned where I actually kept the soundtrack on. I always just go into the options and mute the music immediately. It's not that I hate any of the songs, it's just that listening to the same group of songs is going to get boring sooner rather than later so I'd rather just play my own music to begin with.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Holyshoot posted:

loving 5 times now. I think I'm just gonna go with what I got and do it again Sunday morning when there is super amount of light. My big window into my living room faces east so I should get plenty of natural light in.

This had 4769 reference points if that helps anyone.

I have the same down-turned mouth which really fucks up the cut scenes, so I just pulled a bit of a smile on the second time and it worked perfectly. Light ended up being no problem thanks to my 65" inch tv glowing bright white.

Wish my haircut was that good.

They also got my Scandinavian name in the game this year, which is awesome. Was tired of being "Johnson" in everything but hockey. Still not blonde enough though. Racism!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is it normal for my mycareer player to be saved and every other feature says I haven't created a player yet? :(

And do you no longer buy attributes with VC in mycareer?

edit: Apparently if servers are down when you start a career it does an offline mode, and - as far as I can tell - there's no way to "connect" it later.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Oct 8, 2014

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

TubeStank posted:

Huh so in GM mode I could only select one option in chat regardless of whether my controller was plugged in or if I was using my keyboard.

It's your mouse cursor.

For anyone having the issue where you can't input text without it all being the same letter, it's because your mouse cursor is on a specific letter, so move it, or use it to input the text.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wow, myPark is way better this year. Actually fun. A bit intimidating as not a huge basketball fan, hearing real basketball fans yell at you, but I did alright in my first game.

I chose Sunset Beach, since this was my court growing up

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Picked this up on PS4 last night, haven't gotten a chance to play it yet though.

PSN is NO_GRANDMA_NO

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey any PSN digital pre-order dudes get their preorder stuff yet? It seems they hadn't activated it or whatever yesterday.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hey any PSN digital pre-order dudes get their preorder stuff yet? It seems they hadn't activated it or whatever yesterday.

Nope, 2K says Sony is responsible for sending it using XMB, Sony says yes, we are, but we aren't doing it because your servers are on fire, so get that under control.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sky Shadowing posted:

Nope, 2K says Sony is responsible for sending it using XMB, Sony says yes, we are, but we aren't doing it because your servers are on fire, so get that under control.

That's actually a pretty reasonable response by Sony.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So I logged in this morning and my myplayer is still gone and now I am down to 1347 VC from 13,470 VC I had last night. But I still have my stat upgrades.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Is this game safe to buy yet? In a dazzling display of stuff restraint I was able to keep myself from picking it up on release yesterday. I have never played a 2k basketball game but I am excited to give this one a shot!

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

Wow, myPark is way better this year. Actually fun. A bit intimidating as not a huge basketball fan, hearing real basketball fans yell at you, but I did alright in my first game.

I chose Sunset Beach, since this was my court growing up

So which one are you

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The servers seem to be ok this morning, I did a couple My Team challenges and everything was fine.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

IcePhoenix posted:

That's actually a pretty reasonable response by Sony.

Yea kinda can't argue with that.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Is the 360 version going to be worth picking up? Or are all the new features next-gen exclusive? Do any goons still play on 360? I'm too poor for next gen.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Is this game safe to buy yet? In a dazzling display of stuff restraint I was able to keep myself from picking it up on release yesterday. I have never played a 2k basketball game but I am excited to give this one a shot!

Its safe to buy but I wouldn't spend any VC yet.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Is the 360 version going to be worth picking up? Or are all the new features next-gen exclusive? Do any goons still play on 360? I'm too poor for next gen.

Few new features in last-gen, though Crew Mode is a 360/PS3 only feature for reasons. I wouldn't be surprised is the 360 version was $20-$30 pretty quickly.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The Duggler's guide to MyPark success:

1. Pass the ball

AND THAT'S IT

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Soundtrack is poo poo, everything else, awesome.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

jimcunningham posted:

Soundtrack is poo poo, everything else, awesome.

It is somehow worse than 2k14 which was somehow worse than 2k13

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone offer some basic tips for not being terrible at this game? I feel a bit lost when I'm playing, but if I turn the difficulty down any more I can just win with hero ball and not learn anything about being good on the "regular" difficulties. I did switch from the default camera to the 2k camera which helped a TON, since I can actually see what's going on now (why is this not the default?) but I still struggle on offense and can't reproduce any success.

I figure if I can at least start getting the flow of a regular offense going I can actually start improving because I'll be able to learn from mistakes, but right now I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 8, 2014

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone offer some basic tips for not being terrible at this game? I feel a bit lost when I'm playing, but if I turn the difficulty down any more I can just win with hero ball and not learn anything about being good on the "regular" difficulties. I did switch from the default camera to the 2k camera which helped a TON, since I can actually see what's going on now (why is this not the default?) but I still struggle on offense and can't reproduce any success.

I figure if I can at least start getting the flow of a regular offense going I can actually start improving because I'll be able to learn from mistakes, but right now I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I usually just run pick and rolls until that stops working, then call a set play or two and/or go iso a bit more.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

IcePhoenix posted:

I get a lot of success from the midrange game, since it is a lot easier to penetrate that far in instead of trying to get a layup. Also run the pick & roll, and change the ambient offense to something more to your taste (while on offense, hit Left on the D-Pad, then right bumper, then use the D-Pad to scroll through different offensive styles)

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I wrote a big long thing and then got a call and Awful app ate it :(

Basically, don't turn the ball over and take open shots. Don't pass up a midrange shot to run back for a three or drive into traffic for a sweet dunk

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Has anyone tried MyPark on PC? Never seems to be anyone there ever.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

Are you playing myPlayer or a franchise? I find myPlayer is the first thing a lot of people start with and it's actually probably the worst place to learn the game.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

There are good videos on YouTube for that sort of thing as well. For me it really helped to see someone explain what they're doing as they do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
MyPlayer is really punishing this year. My SF got two blocks, 3 points, and a rebound in 3 minutes of play and everyone hates me because I had one turnover. Al Jefferson told me that I couldn't possibly play any worse.

• Locked thread