Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Magnus Gallant posted:

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

QuoProQuid posted:

About as serious as any vote can be less than a page after the official game start.

The point is, I like Byers' JakeP vote a lot more than QPQ's. I think JakeP was just making a joke about terminators and being not mechanical. I buy that it was a little forced but QPQ is ascribing a way more detailed thought process to that line than I think is reasonable and to whatever extent this vote is serious, and not trying to make some kind of joke, It's bad and scummy so: ##vote QPQ

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
merk, I think we need to talk about your love for Dr. Henry McCoy. It's getting weird...

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

merk, I think we need to talk about your love for Dr. Henry McCoy. It's getting weird...

I'm gonna imagine you said something deep here

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

The point is, I like Byers' JakeP vote a lot more than QPQ's. I think JakeP was just making a joke about terminators and being not mechanical. I buy that it was a little forced but QPQ is ascribing a way more detailed thought process to that line than I think is reasonable and to whatever extent this vote is serious, and not trying to make some kind of joke, It's bad and scummy so: ##vote QPQ

I don't get it.

I don't think either vote for JakeP is a good one, and meinberg's could be described the same way that you are describing QPQ's

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

I'm gonna imagine you said something deep here

This is what happens when my posts hit your brain...

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

I don't get it.

I don't think either vote for JakeP is a good one, and meinberg's could be described the same way that you are describing QPQ's

Meinberg's not voting JakeP, I am. And the difference that I see and that I think Khryos is pointing out is that unlike me, QPQ's vote seems to suggest that he thinks JakeP was seriously saying only Terminators need FUEL as an argument for him being town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
JakeP was probably saying random things, as JakeP is known to do.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Magnus Gallant posted:

I don't get it.

I think that it's better/more plausible to vote jakep for being "forced" than for actually trying to have an agenda with that comment which has an obvious joke explanation.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

merk posted:

JakeP was probably saying random things, as JakeP is known to do.

I see it as a forced dodge via joke, that he's tried to get away with by doubling down on his own "random things" meta. Hence the responses to me and QPQ he made.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
A short packet, high powered burst transmission is received across the network;

This is a test.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

kilran posted:

This is a test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdpLWML_tDU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote merk I find it highly unlikely that 2 players are beast in a terminator game

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

kilran posted:

This is a test.
I hope that's a player talking, I've always thought sending day messages is a neat power

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Byers2142 posted:

Meinberg's not voting JakeP, I am. And the difference that I see and that I think Khryos is pointing out is that unlike me, QPQ's vote seems to suggest that he thinks JakeP was seriously saying only Terminators need FUEL as an argument for him being town.

My reasoning was that not collecting fuel is a way to make oneself look superficially townie. Based on the OP, fuel is required for night actions so by not collecting it, one implies that they are vanilla townie or less of a threat. It is suspicious for Jake to make a post about how he does not need fuel right on the heels of discussion over Magnus's role. Drawing attention to his decision not to collect fuel is something I would expect scum to do, especially if such a post can be dismissed as a joke.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

CapnAndy posted:

I hope that's a player talking, I've always thought sending day messages is a neat power
ofc I once got to burst through a dude's window and yell at him

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

Based on the OP, fuel is required for night actions
~~~my night action~~~ doesn't need fuel

or am I lying!!!

in any case I don't need fuel

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

QuoProQuid posted:

My reasoning was that not collecting fuel is a way to make oneself look superficially townie. Based on the OP, fuel is required for night actions so by not collecting it, one implies that they are vanilla townie or less of a threat. It is suspicious for Jake to make a post about how he does not need fuel right on the heels of discussion over Magnus's role. Drawing attention to his decision not to collect fuel is something I would expect scum to do, especially if such a post can be dismissed as a joke.

Or he could be vanilla town and kind of putting it out there. He does like to be VT.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CapnAndy posted:

Oh my gosh, I played a game where this was a thing and it was really fun. The moderator started posting player messages in the form of flavor D2 and the game descended into confusion.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

QuoProQuid posted:

you think too much about dumb things I didnt even read the OP and had no idea what fuel was wehn I posted about it

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

you think too much about dumb things I didnt even read the OP and had no idea what fuel was wehn I posted about it

Good old Jake

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

DGK2000 posted:

Or he could be vanilla town and kind of putting it out there. He does like to be VT.

Unless Magnus dispenses a barrel, then a vanilla townie should always forage for fuel because it puts them in control over where fuel goes. They can then pass it along to the player whom they think is most townie. By not collecting a barrel, you're basically randomizing the barrel's end location.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

JakeP posted:

im sorry jake. i just cant stop thinking about dumb things. its a disease i cant cure.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey guys, please may I have some fuel? :shobon:

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Rarity posted:

Throw your matchup against poison mushroom in the next PPV and we'll talk.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

kilran's kicking himself right now that this isn't a Mad Max-themed game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Throw your matchup against poison mushroom in the next PPV and we'll talk.

I would but I'm fighting Asiina instead :confused:

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Rarity posted:

I would but I'm fighting Asiina instead :confused:

Right right. Hrm... you were tag team partners this past ppv.... Maaaaybe I will do something nice for you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'm busy grading AP Music Theory tests tonight but QPQ's response is more suspicious than his original joke.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
so just so we are clear the fuel thing does basically confirm me as town

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

JakeP posted:

so just so we are clear the fuel thing does basically confirm me as town
In what possible way

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
think about it

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Dude if you think no scum role requires fuel I have a bridge to sell you for a special low low rate

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

CapnAndy posted:

Dude if you think no scum role requires fuel I have a bridge to sell you for a special low low rate

Is this a scum claim?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

Is this a scum claim?
Yes, my scum role is "dude who can do rational thought for two seconds"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

CapnAndy posted:

Lousy fake claim, scum would never have such a role!

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

That's the most broken role in Mafia.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapnAndy posted:

I said I do not need fuel though

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote capn andy for being a rude dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
JakeP is town