Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Please modkill or replace me. I'm not interested in this game anymore.

Hello, I will replace into this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi, I'm trying to figure out this game. Xopods is probably scum though?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Xopods will you give me specific flavor for your role? Like as specific as reasonably possible.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

Why?

I don't like Quidnose's combination of buzzwords and OMGUS on Juanito. I think he's trying to pick a fight he thinks is an easy win.

##vote Quidnose

Gut, and maybe something that happened.

I feel like we have enough breathing room that we should lynch Jake now. I don't think Juanito or the other guy are the scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was loosely following this game, why do you expect me to know everything? Also, why the hell are there multiple gunsmiths?

Jake hasn't posted since September 26th, he's the bigger liability.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote JakeP

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Andy, when I was reading this thread before I replaced in, I was laughing that anyone would consider you scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think this is dumb, Juanny isn't scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidnose posted:

Who do you think is scum?

I get weird vibes off xo. It's super odd that another gunsmith has already flipped.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Regardless, Jake is too big of a liability to carry.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidnose posted:

JakeP should probably be modkilled since he's been absent two full game days?

Why do you like JakeP over tearshed? Purely that JakeP hasn't shown up and tearshed has?

Yeah.

I have no read on tearshed. If Jake is going to be modkilled I'll vote someone else.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry Juan. ##vote Juanito

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
So for real, what's up with multiple Gunsmiths itt? Is this another conversation I missed?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapnAndy posted:

It's frankly unbelievable, but so is a lot of this game, so....

P.S. Thanks for killing the dude we were gonna lynch today for us, scum! That wasn't very bright at all!

Something seriously isn't adding up here. I can't figure it out, but two town PGO distributers is insane, even if they're limited by resources. Was it ever clearly determined how Magnus died? Could it have been the result of Byers distribution as well?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

Three. I'm a gunsmith too. Thanks for the bombs xopods! :D

I'm super confused now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

What I'm thinking is that each scum is a different type of HK-unit. Each gunsmith's weapon only protects against one type of unit.

That's possible, I guess.

Any chance someone wants to collate relevant claim information for me?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I guess the gunsmith thing doesn't really matter. I'm still having trouble with xopods actual content.

Here are some of the posts I'm having trouble reconciling:

xopods posted:

Mags isn't stupid, though. I can't imagine him going balls to the wall defending a scumbro like that without considering how it's going to look if one of them flips eventually. It's conceivable that, given the relatively experienced field this game, he would do it as a double-bluff, expecting everyone to make this exact argument I'm making... conceivable, but just barely.

It seems much more likely that he saw me case a Townie and, knowing that I can be aggressive in trying to get the lynch I want, figured that defending QPQ and attacking me would be an easy way to ensure that he'd have a plausible "opinion" to reiterate through the early going. I definitely got the vibe at a certain point D1 that the Scum were hoping QPQ would get lynched and I'd take the blame for it... unfortunately, I thought I was getting that vibe from KFC. Mags' forthrightness with his claim and the aggressiveness with which he came after me made me think he was Town at the time.

xopods posted:

I'd rather lynch one of the other people I mentioned, but I really need to sleep.

##vote QPQ

My advice to those who don't want to lynch him is to take a good look at Tokes and CapnAndy and see if you get the same vibe I do from them.

That's a bizarre shift, I've skimmed the thread a couple times now along with thorough rereads of xopod's post history so I hope I'm not reiterating an old point, but why this vote? I don't like the former post too because I feel like it's a big mess of wifom doubletalk that doesn't actually say anything relevant at all.

Forgive the next bit since I'm more or less quoting xopod's entire post history.

xopods posted:

I could see CapnAndy being CapnScummy

xopods posted:

##vote DGK

xopods posted:

I'd vote QPQ. I don't want to lynch him just to test the voice, but I thought he was Scum D1 and the only thing that's changed that is the assumption that Mags wouldn't have defended him quite so hard. But that's not necessarily a correct assumption.

I'd also vote Token Female or CapnAndy.

First relevant mention of TF.

xopods posted:

I'd rather lynch one of the other people I mentioned, but I really need to sleep.

##vote QPQ

My advice to those who don't want to lynch him is to take a good look at Tokes and CapnAndy and see if you get the same vibe I do from them.

xopods posted:

Yesterday you wanted to auto-lynch QPQ to "test" the voice. Today you want to just ignore the weird role/mechanic-related info?

##vote CapnAndy

These two posts put together in particular are weird.

xopods posted:

Any way we can lynch CapnAndy, Juanito AND Token Female today?

xopods posted:

Thing about Token is that I get the sense right now that she and CapnAndy are not scum together. It doesn't seem like bussing. I think they're both experienced enough that they could pull off a mutual bus convincingly, but neither seems engaged enough in the game to go to that effort right now.

So I get individual scum feels from both of them, but that conflicts with the sense that they're of opposite alignment. And right now CapnAndy seems worse to me.

xopods posted:

I would be happy lynching tearshed or maybe Mikujin. Tearshed's better though, because Miku is probably telling the truth about forgetting he was playing, and probably wouldn't forget if he were Scum, but both of those assumptions are tenuous.

In all these posts, Token never feels like xopods top pick, or even really close to being his top pick. Yet when the pressure mounts, xopods hedges his bets and puts down a vote on Token that it doesn't seem like he believes in. I take a similar approach when I'm playing scum, if I cast a wide enough net when I'm scumhunting, I can move my vote with impunity.

xopods posted:

CapnAndy's whining reads as sincere.

##vote Token

Halberg is probably Scum too, despite my defence of Meincandenza D1.

Xopods has been doing some town posting this game and he's definitely been engaged, but I don't buy his vote on Token.

I could absolutely be wrong. It could be xopods was just working to avoid a no-lynch, or that the context is missing from these quotes, but despite that, I can't shake my gut feeling that he's just playing his heart out as scum.

##vote xopods

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

Dude, xopods is town.

I feel like he's actually just scum playing really really well. I missed whether we definitively 100% for sure know that he was the one who killed Magnus.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

He claimed gunsmith first and he knew exactly how the PGO mechanics worked and scum killing another scum on N1 is the most stupid gambit ever.

My point is, how do we know that he killed Magnus for certain?

Knowing how what seems to be a central mechanic of the game works doesn't really seem too odd. Kilran would be remiss to not give scum some insight into how it works when there's three gunsmiths in this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

xopods posted:

If anyone has anti-air missiles they can aim in my direction they might want to do so tonight.

Buying into the theory that each of the gunsmiths has a specific kind of counter-kill mechanic, I'm a little confused about this post as it was made back on the 23rd. I feel like I can see small parts of the overall structure of this game but replacing in has made it difficult to follow the exact thread of events and information.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah, I saw that and struggled with it to, but the conclusion I came to is that it's still just not definitive and I don't feel comfortable staking the game on Byer's response. I might be misinterpreting gameplay mechanics though. Is fuel a requirement for the counterkill mechanic and do we know everyone who was granted a counterkill n1?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I mean, fair enough if I'm being an idiot, but it seems like we're staking the game on some big assumptions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapnAndy posted:

Also, why are you so sure it's LYLO, somber? We're up by my count.

Oh, I'm not. I mean over the course of the rest of the game.

Alright, I'll look elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
sorry ##vote tearshed

• Locked thread