Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How am I meant to get by if I can't call you all idiots? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Don't worry guys, there's terrible Mafia players here too.

Like me.

Seriously, I'm like... totally the worst.

Don't worry Meinberg, I will save you.

No, hang on, I'm an rear end in a top hat.

##vote Meinberg

:v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

Hello Rarity

Hello bowmore, you fine fellow. How are you today?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

I'm ok, a bit tired. You?

I just woke up and the sun is shining, it's a beautiful thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey guys, please may I have some fuel? :shobon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Throw your matchup against poison mushroom in the next PPV and we'll talk.

I would but I'm fighting Asiina instead :confused:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CapnAndy posted:

The meinberg case is solid and I'll be happy to flip my vote to him if he's a viable lynch for today, but hey seriously, look at KFC:
What kind of weak sauce, wishy-washy, easily washed away defense is that? "Noooo guys he's totally suspicious but not scum, look at me justify not voting for him but also leaving myself a retreat for when he flips scum and people start looking for his buddies"

CapnAndy posted:

Lol 'kay let's see some quotes

CapnAndy posted:

I swear, I'm just having a nice chat about it because Jake thinks I was doing poo poo I wasn't doing and I wanted to tell him I didn't think those things!

I'm not sure if you guys want me to just not react when people get the wrong idea about me or what I think or what, because I'm not gonna do that, but um sorry if seriously my chill tone comes off as super angry? I guess? I'm not that sorry

Andy's tone in this game is super-emotive with little solid analysis. It's pinging my gut because I know he's a smart guy capable of good logical thinking. I think he's hiding behind emotive language on purpose to excuse himself from serious scum hunting.

CapnAndy posted:

What-loving-ever, if responding "I didn't say that" when someone says you said poo poo you didn't is a scumtell then fuckin' lynch me because I'll do it next time too

Ok!

#vote Andy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In other news, the discussion between Byers and Magnus makes me feel good about Magnus not being scum (though I haven't ruled out him being a SK, we'll see how tonight goes on that), this reads like Meinberg's town game to me and merk is a blue furry guy irl.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hang on Magnus, your claim makes zero sense. What's the point of adding an extra fuel if you're immediately going to dayvig one of the people who gets the fuel? Passing fuel is a night action so there's zero fuel gain for town.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm not doubting the veracity of the claim, I'm doubting that it's a town role. It screams 3P to me. Also, I don't like how Magnus said that we'd be able to have the fuel transferred before he uses his vig.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

Actually, it does. When you forage, you pick the initial recipient of the FUEL.

:doh: I just read 6.3 and assumed it initially stayed with you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

I concede some of the semantics, but baseless vaguely personal standard mafia aggression is certainly a tool in merk's toolbox, even if it doesn't manifest itself in the way some other players get "mean" -- cultivating something else to draw from so you can be obtuse at will seems like it serves a scum agenda more than a town one.

merk is more than capable of implying your inferiority and idiocy without resorting to direct attacks and if he wanted to bring it out in this game then he easily could. He works hard to present himself in an "I'm better than you" manner that's designed to intimidate. My read on merk right now is that he wants us to think he doesn't really give a poo poo so that when he does start to play we see him as coming along to save us and thus we end up following him to lynch the people he wants lynched.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

How hard were you trying to say nothing at all about his alignment?

It's a null read, merk pushes lynches whether he's town or scum. I'm going to need more content from him before I can say either way.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
merk, what do you think of my read on Andy? Byers, you too.

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

When's deadline?

Tomorrow, I think 5pm EST?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Grr my vote didn't take

##vote CapnAndy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's cause the vote I made on him earlier didn't go through.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

yeah but why are you voting him?

I would kindly recommend with the utmost respect that you read the thread in future to prevent needing to ask unnecessary questions. Think of the time you will save!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Magnus Gallant posted:

Rarity

Next time just say, because of this

That is the exact post I linked to, yes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Magnus Gallant posted:

Yes but it's lacking the condescension.

We're being nice to people, remember!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Magnus Gallant posted:

Yes but it's lacking the condescension.

Oh, now I get it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

I don't like this reasoning, solely because you quotes are all him defending himself. Is he supposed to do Jake's legwork for him if he feels he's being misrepresentative? He's not hiding behind emotive language, he's defending himself. You can't scum hunt while you're on the defense. Take it from me, I am the expert at getting stuck defending yourself.

I'm going to leave aside the fact I did actually have a quote of him scum hunting to address your conceit. It's possible to defend yourself while staying calm (I'm doing it right now, for example) and I think Andy's perfectly capable of that. Also, it's easy to switch from defence to scum hunting. It's just like this:

QuoProQuid posted:

Truly and honestly, I don't understand what the confusion is. I want to talk about other things but other players keep telling me that I am unclear and need to explain myself better. What am I not doing correctly? What further information do you need? At what point can we move forward?

QPQ's frustration here reads as genuine. It looks like he said something dumb and now is getting continually blasted for it. I've been there so I know what that's like.

QuoProQuid posted:

4.) DGK's vote on merk reads as reactive, especially following his defense of Meinberg (7). Suggest re-examining if Meinberg flips scum.

I'm not a fan of that DGK vote either. It's a safe vote that doesn't require any real casework because of merk's behaviour so far.

DGK, who would you vote for if you couldn't vote merk?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I did a reread of the initial attacks over QPQ and this is the post that jumped out at me:

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

QPQ how serious is this vote?

I think this is one of those questions that's just setting someone up for a fall. I think if KFC genuinely felt suspect about QPQ's vote then he would have just jumped straight into a case. Instead he gives him some extra rope so that he can make his vote look more convincing.

KFC posted:

I don't think it's a towering intellectual feat of scumhunting, or that it's even accurate, but I think it's more plausibly geniune than QPQs.

This is a comment on Byers's vote, which is practically identical to QPQ's. It's a weak response.

KFC posted:

I don't think there's any evidence that they're scum together, if anything it's seeming to me more like a one of but not both situation. QPQ is my current frontrunner. I'm watching xopods more carefully.

I didn't see Andy's idea that KFC was advocating a chain lynch earlier but this post is a much more evident example of him setting it up.

KFC posted:

The chain lynch argument can be taken out and shot. I make NO attempt to hide that I'm going to draw conclusions from that interaction when one of them flips. Who wouldn't look at that angle?

More on the chain lynch. Town players know that there's very little to draw from a town flip, especially on D1. Town get things wrong and we all know it. This is setting up the opportunity for further lynches based on manufactured reasoning.

##vote KFC

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

If xopods is scum, he's just doing it better.

##vote xopods

If he's scum? Bit of a weak opinion on the person you're voting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

One is mostly a tone read based on context, the other is attributing moderately extensive logic to what was much more likely a flip joke.

Much more importantly why on earth would you only come out with that _NOW_ since it's been the crux of my argument on QPQ this whole time and a huge topic of discussion overall?

Just because people use different methods to scum hunt it doesn't make their votes any less genuine.

I've been really busy this week cause I've been moving house so I haven't had time for more than initial tone reads. But like I said earlier, I wanted to reread the cases against QPQ because I'm leaning town on him and I think he was being targeted by scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

I'm not allowed to judge how plausibly honest someone is being by examining how they are claiming to hunt scum in the context of when they are claiming to do it? Are you SERIOUS?

Explain to me why logic is not a valid form of analysis in this situation.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Because the MOST logical explanation for JakeP's post is that he is making a joke about needing smoothies rather than fuel because he is organic and not a machine because that's being silly and making a joke in jokephase like people loving do. Claiming that his follow on of not needing fuel is a serious attempt to achieve town cred or claim that only scum would want fuel are both wild leaps of logic that are not founded.

I respect a tone read in this context more than the idea that a relatively non serious poster was machinating something that relied on unfounded assumptions during early d1.

Except it seems to me that both Byers and QPQ are having the same reaction to Jake's post, they're just expressing it in different ways.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit xopods that was unnecessary.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

I don't like the claim by the way. I don't like anything about it.

Can you say anything more specific than that? Sure, xopods shouldn't have claimed but I think it's too detailed to be fake.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Votecount for Day 1

Meinberg (5): Rarity, Magnus Gallant, Byers2142, Magnus Gallant, merk, Rarity, Byers2142, Magnus Gallant, Byers2142, Juanito, KhyrosFinalCut
KhyrosFinalCut (3): CapnAndy, merk, merk, merk, merk, xopods, Byers2142, Rarity, Byers2142
xopods (2): QuoProQuid, Magnus Gallant, Quidnose, KhyrosFinalCut, Magnus Gallant, KhyrosFinalCut
CapnAndy (1): JakeP, Rarity, Rarity
merk (1): JakeP, JakeP, KhyrosFinalCut, DGK2000, KhyrosFinalCut
bowmore (1): Token Female
JakeP (0): Byers2142, QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid, Byers2142
Mikujin (0): xopods, xopods
Byers2142 (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
QuoProQuid (0): KhyrosFinalCut, xopods, KhyrosFinalCut, Quidnose, xopods, Quidnose

Not Voting (4): bowmore, Meinberg, Mikujin, tearshed

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 18th, 2014 at 10:30 p.m. GMT -- that's in about 1 hour, 49 minutes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'll switch to Meinberg if it's the only alternative to a no lynch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Meinberg, it would help to get reads off you before you die.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Alright, let me see what I can do.

Ok, I'll give you time to get those off before I vote.

And yeah, agreed on Quidnose.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

And also because Votefinder has the wrong time... It thinks it is currently 930pm in the UK which it isn't. I only just noticed it's an hour out.

You set it to GMT but it's currently BST.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

xopods posted:

I'm like 95% sure Meinberg's going to flip Town.

The problem is no one else is presenting a viable alternative. I put forward my two main picks but there's not enough interest in either of them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

xopods posted:

Why don't you want to vote KFC? All the cool mafiaers are doing it.

I already am, dummy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DGK2000 posted:

Going to Meinberg now, I'll probably be away from my computer at deadline.

##vote Meinberg

Looking back, I really don't like this vote. DGK has a strong read on merk as scum and votes for him most of the day but then happily switches to the player merk is targeting with no real explanation or even acknowledgement of his previous read. It's a thought process that lacks consistency.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kilran posted:

A short packet, high powered burst transmission is received across the network;

QuoProQuid is Not Town

Cool story, bro.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

QuoProQuid posted:

1.) I don't think Meinberg is scum based on Magnus' pushing for him. Feel better about xopods.

Why not? Looking back on Magnus's post makes me suspicious he was bussing Meinberg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Why not? Looking back on Magnus's post makes me suspicious he was bussing Meinberg

##vote Meinberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

Hal has replaced Meinburg

Oh, so he has. Godammit, Meinberg. :saddowns:

##unvote

• Locked thread