Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Awful waste of money. Why do ppl these days always feel the need to get the latest iStuff? There is barely any difference between the very first iPhone and the latest model. A touch screen phone with internet... WOW!

You shouldn't be able to complain about the economy or your own personal financial situation if you blow your money on trivial Apple crap.

Many American have a steak taste on a hamburger budget . That's part of the problem we now face from a long time ago. Barrow to the max and then whine about now having enough money . Nice house , car or truck and boat. Can you afford them or does it really matter at this period of time?

I'm just gonna make smart decisions with my money so I don't end up with an empty bank account:

1) Paying off my debts as they come to me. Never holding a credit card balance longer than a month. If this means living in a small studio apartment and eating ramen, rice, and beans, so be it.

2) I will always buy small, fuel efficient and durable cars. I drive a 2006 Honda Civic now. It costs me nothing to fill up and next to nothing to insure ($25/month from Insurance Panda… woohoo!). I will not drive when I don’t need to, and use public transportation whenever possible.

3) Developing multiple revenue streams. Doing side jobs. Building up small businesses. Doing contract work. Basically doing whatever I can to generate income from multiple sources.

4) Grow my revenue and assets no matter what. Make sure I am always expanding and develop them to the point that they consistently generate reliable cash flow.

5) The most important one - make as much as I can. Save as much as I can.

iPhones... ecigarettes... Starbucks... Chipotle Burritos...new clothes.. organic lipgloss... expensive yoga classes. Why not try living in your means for once? No wonder we have a debt crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Edit: Also, if you're poor, you suck and deserve what happens to you.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

i didn't read a word of that poo poo

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
you sure like posting about cell phones in gbs maybe you should just use smoke signals (with weed smoke)

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
I actually spend like $100 a week on take out food/dunkin and it's pretty shameful so thank you OP for inspiring me to be more frugal

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Sad? Why? If we want to spend lots of money in a worthless piece of junk... That's our problem. Why would u care? I could say it's sad guys spend money in a Korean company... And I don't care.

We don't care about the numbers... We don't care about 3gb of ram, or 8 megapixels... We care that the phone is fast enough, and the pics are better. Period. We care about the experience. We don't care being seconds to something. We care being the best.

That's why, your Korean company spend millions in commercials that don't advertise their products, but makes fun of ours. There, you see how big of a quality is the produscts Samsung is selling.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
How the gently caress is it that you are cheap as poo poo, and work like a dog and you still don't have enough money to not give a gently caress about the iphone and feel you need to vent about it on an internet forum?

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
all i care about is posting

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i got a old phone with a slide out keyboard, i just use it as a house phone and leave it at the house when i go out.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
One time right out of college I was living in a punk rock house and jumping the MUNI turnstiles to get to work (quite easy to do, actually, in the Kate 90s) because I would run out of money to pay my fare.
What a rear end in a top hat!
Now I'm much older and more responsible. I ride a bike to work.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

it's not apples fault the phone broke after you stukc it up your butt, op

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I lost my phone the other night and haven't had one for a couple days as a result and it has been a strangely liberating experience in some ways

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

How the gently caress is it that you are cheap as poo poo, and work like a dog and you still don't have enough money to not give a gently caress about the iphone and feel you need to vent about it on an internet forum?

A forum he paid to post on. How much ramen could that :fivebux: buy (alot)

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Crewmine posted:

I lost my phone the other night and haven't had one for a couple days as a result and it has been a strangely liberating experience in some ways

did u check ur butt, dude...... lol

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

texaholic posted:

did u check ur butt, dude...... lol

the first thing i do every morning is shove my arm up to the elbow in my own butt so i'm 100% it isn't there

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
OP's got it all figured out. Why can't the rest of you clowns get your life in gear?
Letting the Korean companies walk all over you? You don't even care about megapixels! Samsung is laughing all the way to the bank.

How I've solved my life:

1) Job: I have one.

2) Money: I get paid and don't spend more money than I take in.

3) Fulfillment: I spend my excess money (if you practice my first two life tip steps you will have it!) on useful things like bicycle fluid and exercise, not PHONES!

4) Free space.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

texaholic posted:

Many American have a steak taste on a hamburger budget .

haha i can picture this rhetorical crap being uttered in a dumb texan accent just perfectly. maybe its all those years of bushy boy

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Applewhite posted:

OP's got it all figured out. Why can't the rest of you clowns get your life in gear?
Letting the Korean companies walk all over you? You don't even care about megapixels! Samsung is laughing all the way to the bank.

How I've solved my life:

1) Job: I have one.

2) Money: I get paid and don't spend more money than I take in.

3) Fulfillment: I spend my excess money (if you practice my first two life tip steps you will have it!) on useful things like bicycle fluid and exercise, not PHONES!

4) Free space.

Also, you can attend funerals of strangers and most likely get a free lunch afterwards.

Solstice
Mar 12, 2002

Non-violent for the entire family!
About 9,840 results (0.35 seconds)

Wow, this guy gets around.

Future Mrs Booger
Jan 18, 2012
How will the world get its fix of celeb nudezz if we don’t have iPhones?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Barrow to the MAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

illestG
Oct 8, 2009

Eat something other than Ramen and Beans and maybe you won't be so disgruntled about dumbass people wasting their money?

Aug 4, 2010

sorry but i cant live without organic lipgloss and expensive yoga classes

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

www posted:

sorry but i cant live without organic lipgloss and expensive yoga classes
yeah, 2 necessary business expenses in the gay prostitution industry. OP maybe you just haven't been realizing your full earnings potential???

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

if you have $300 to spend on a phone then why the **gently caress** arey ou on welfare stamps? loving lazy ......s

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Ghaz posted:

if you have $300 to spend on a phone then why the **gently caress** arey ou on welfare stamps? loving lazy ......s

obama phone?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

samsung? more like cramsung... into your rear end....

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

THIS THINGS I BELIEVE

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
tis a gift to be simple, tis a gift to be free

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
OP hates phones cuz girls always stare at theirs while he's trying to talk to them

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Hey people! There's more to a phone than specs, believe it or not. To those proclaiming that old Android phones were more advanced than this, I'd like to explain something: user experience. Specifications contribute to the user experience, but they do not define it. As the old adage goes-- "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts"-- user experience is as much about hardware specs as it is about how efficiently hardware and software work with each other. While several different phones have had larger screens, NFC, etc. before the iPhone, they have often been plagued with other issues that cancel out whatever cutting-edge tech they touted. For me, a phone simply needs to work. I am all about more options and not being "constrained to Apple's walled garden", but not at the cost of stability and device longevity. When it comes right down to it, I can do what I need to do faster and more efficiently on an iPhone than I can on an Android or Windows Phone. At home, when I'm writing lines of code or editing an image, I want more options and brute processing power. But when I'm emailing a professor or making a phone call, I just want my device to work simply, without fail, and fast. And guess what? The iPhone is the best at that.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

texaholic posted:

2) I will always buy small, fuel efficient and durable cars. I drive a 2006 Honda Civic now. It costs me nothing to fill up and next to nothing to insure ($25/month from Insurance Panda… woohoo!). I will not drive when I don’t need to, and use public transportation whenever possible.

public transportation>?? what about the free market there bub

texaholic posted:

Why not try living in your means for once? No wonder we have a debt crisis.

actually it is good for the economy for people to spend dont you even wash the nudes

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

texaholic posted:

Hey people! There's more to a phone than specs, believe it or not. To those proclaiming that old Android phones were more advanced than this, I'd like to explain something: user experience. Specifications contribute to the user experience, but they do not define it. As the old adage goes-- "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts"-- user experience is as much about hardware specs as it is about how efficiently hardware and software work with each other. While several different phones have had larger screens, NFC, etc. before the iPhone, they have often been plagued with other issues that cancel out whatever cutting-edge tech they touted. For me, a phone simply needs to work. I am all about more options and not being "constrained to Apple's walled garden", but not at the cost of stability and device longevity. When it comes right down to it, I can do what I need to do faster and more efficiently on an iPhone than I can on an Android or Windows Phone. At home, when I'm writing lines of code or editing an image, I want more options and brute processing power. But when I'm emailing a professor or making a phone call, I just want my device to work simply, without fail, and fast. And guess what? The iPhone is the best at that.

You can still get a flip phone at 7-11 grandpa.

Foogs
Nov 26, 2005
I just dropped $167 on new clothes. Good first impressions are often times more important than being a frugal gently caress face.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Foogs posted:

I just dropped $167 on new clothes. Good first impressions are often times more important than being a frugal gently caress face.

you just buy one nice set of clothes and don't get fat.

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

lol you nerds that have a social life and actually need a cell phone. fags all of you

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Lol, this same argument rages every year, and it just keeps getting more insane. "Grr..Apple R bestest cuz look how many buy even when it not out" "Argh...Apple morons stupit cuz Apple stupit and lines are stupit" and other such rot. Look, I don't quite understand why anyone waits in any of these day one release lines for anything. I don't get it for video games, phones, music cds(people still buys those right?) or any other thing people line up more than an hour in advance of. Heck, I don't understand people who wait more than a hour for an amusement park ride.

Simple answers are simple, Apple only releases once a year, and if you want the new Apple whatever on the first day that badly then I guess you'll wait. As for the actual line waiting you're daft. I mean hey, if having the new iPhone on day one is that important to you be my guest, but I'd have to question your priorities. Not because it's an iPhone, but because it's just another smartphone.

As for all the fanboy fapping, grow up guys, you might as well be arguing Coke v Pepsi. Apple guys want Apple, Android guys want Android and the guys on the fence won't change their minds based off of your infantile drivel.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

phones are ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

texaholic posted:

Lol, this same argument rages every year, and it just keeps getting more insane. "Grr..Apple R bestest cuz look how many buy even when it not out" "Argh...Apple morons stupit cuz Apple stupit and lines are stupit" and other such rot. Look, I don't quite understand why anyone waits in any of these day one release lines for anything. I don't get it for video games, phones, music cds(people still buys those right?) or any other thing people line up more than an hour in advance of. Heck, I don't understand people who wait more than a hour for an amusement park ride.

Simple answers are simple, Apple only releases once a year, and if you want the new Apple whatever on the first day that badly then I guess you'll wait. As for the actual line waiting you're daft. I mean hey, if having the new iPhone on day one is that important to you be my guest, but I'd have to question your priorities. Not because it's an iPhone, but because it's just another smartphone.

As for all the fanboy fapping, grow up guys, you might as well be arguing Coke v Pepsi. Apple guys want Apple, Android guys want Android and the guys on the fence won't change their minds based off of your infantile drivel.

You get upset at inanimate objects alot?

• Locked thread