Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

If Ambrose turns, I may just resort to watching the Heyman DVD every Monday night in place of Raw. Hockey can't come back soon enough.

Ambrose turning would be 100% justified too after how Reigns never did gently caress all to help him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SlothBear posted:

You know it's free on Hulu right?

Hulu cuts content from NXT I think. Or maybe it was Raw. Anyway they cut certain content out about a certain wrestler and then they suddenly got a push. I think it was Tyler Breeze on NXT.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I think Ambrose turning would be pretty dumb because I think he has a lot of mileage as a babyface and they're really hurting for top babyfaces but I could also see it totally happening

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

This is the same company that had John Cena give the Shield its first ever loss when he eliminated Seth and Dean and had Reings about to submit in under a minute. This is the same company that had John Cena single-handily defeat a stable composed of three monster heels on multiple occasions. This is the company that had Cena beat Brock in his first match back and then no sell the match the very next night. This is the company that has a big shiny red panic button labeled JOHN CENA. I always expect Cena to win even when it flies in the face of all logical booking and storytelling. So don't tell me "there's no chance Cena wins at NoC" because there is always a very large chance that they just press that big shiny red button again.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

Who doesn't become more interesting when they turn heel?

This is almost always true but please not yet with Ambrose. If he goes heel when he returns then he will more than like a) join the Authority or b)generic heel. If he joins the Authority one COULD do the "nobody crazier or meaner than you sumbitches" route but it will leech all cool from Ambrose. WWE could use some non aligned heels but we all know how well that would work. It would be just a matter of time before he is fed to Cena and pushed down to be forgotten. I already feel bad for Rusev as I love the guy but know that, eventually, he will be Rapadoo'd and future endeavored. I just hope Rusev gets enough time before then to get a giant run in New Japan. It is about the same I hope for the Wyatts. I'm sure the Wyatts would KILL in Japan. Reigns is ok and getting better and WWE needs new faces that aren't Cena so they could have credible feuds that don't destroy the heat from all parties involved. I hope Ambrose turns early Stone Cold heel eventually but give it time. Time for HHH/Steph to gain more clout, time for Cena to get injured, WWE spend to overlong in BC or Alberta and someone skin Dunn for his pelt or Vincent K to go forget his meds just one time too often. Ambrose is too drat good to be shunt down the card like Claudio, Bray or the entire midcard.

On a positive note: Mark Henry is so great and I cannot wait to see his match with OUR GLORIOUS PATRIOTIC TRUE ROLE MODEL FOR INTELLIGENT AND SOPHISTICATED PEOPLES EVERYWHERE: RUSEV (and Putin).

edit:\/ \/ Maggle account spotted

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 16, 2014

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
John Cena broke Brock Lesnar ' s nose. John Cena! John Cena! He's ready for his match on Sunday! John Cena has found his fire again! John Cena! Cena! John Cena!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

The idea that NoC was supposed to be a huge blowaway show to reel in the first round of Network subscribers is rather funny in retrospect.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 16, 2014

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I feel like all the segments for tonight's Raw were written on cue cards, stacked neatly on a table somewhere, jostled onto the floor, and hastily picked up and restacked out of order five minutes before curtain.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

The idea that NoC was supposed to be a huge blowaway show to reel in the first round of Network subscribers is rather funny in retorspect.

This is what really worries me. If this is the show they are going to try and use to keep subscribers and reel in new ones the exact thing they would do is have Cena win. Confetti falls down, Cole screams about how Cena has redeemed himself and avenged The Undertaker. Cena is now tied with Flair, greatest wrestler ever, etc etc.

Also I'm afraid of Ambrose turning for the same reasons I was afraid of Bryan turning this time last year. The WWE doesn't want anyone but Cena and maybe Reigns to be popular faces. Hell the only thing that saved Bryan was national coverage of his Yes chants and the audience outright refusal to give up on him. Ambrose probably won't have those things to keep him afloat.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
R-Ziggler is the best thing I've seen R-Truth do in years.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

oldpainless posted:

Who doesn't become more interesting when they turn heel?

This is mostly because WWE has no clue how to do a proper face. But Ambrose is something different as a face that I'd like to see going for a while. That is until they inevitably start having him be another Cena knockoff(who himself is arguably a Rock knockoff), then go ahead and turn him.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm just not gonna read the discussion thread this week. I'm not trying to be :smug: it's just you guys are making me paranoid and it's not good for my enjoyment of the product, which I'd prefer to maintain as much as possible instead of fretting.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Definitely it was interesting watching the wrestling tonight. Everyone seemed like they had an extra snap in their step, and were pulling out all sorts of new moves (or re-debuting old ones), like Bray Wyatt with the ankle stunner and Big Show bringing back the Final Cut. If the "WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON" thing is true, does that mean they didn't have time to work out the details of the matches, or just they decided to have slightly-better matches this week for no reason.

That was the best Kane singles match I've seen in ten years. Granted, we're talking about Kane, so low bar and all, but drat if he didn't seem to be in it this week to put on a great (for Kane) match.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Everblight posted:

Definitely it was interesting watching the wrestling tonight. Everyone seemed like they had an extra snap in their step, and were pulling out all sorts of new moves (or re-debuting old ones), like Bray Wyatt with the ankle stunner and Big Show bringing back the Final Cut. If the "WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON" thing is true, does that mean they didn't have time to work out the details of the matches, or just they decided to have slightly-better matches this week for no reason.

That was the best Kane singles match I've seen in ten years. Granted, we're talking about Kane, so low bar and all, but drat if he didn't seem to be in it this week to put on a great (for Kane) match.

What match did you watch? Kane looked off and he botched a whole lot.

And I'm a Kane fan

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think I'm just not gonna read the discussion thread this week. I'm not trying to be :smug: it's just you guys are making me paranoid and it's not good for my enjoyment of the product, which I'd prefer to maintain as much as possible instead of fretting.

Taking a break from discussion can sometimes be just as good for you as taking a break from the product. See you in the NoC thread buddy!

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
lol at anyone thinking they will turn Ambrose on Reigns. That's literally the most efficient way to get the crowd to turn on Reigns, the last thing wwe wants now.

Is there any precedent for wwe flat out saying "come back from football to raw during halftime" before?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

mkay0 posted:

Is there any precedent for wwe flat out saying "come back from football to raw during halftime" before?
OOOOOOOHHHHH

I thought Cena was saying "at the halftime of Raw (ie, the 90 minute mark), I'm gonna fight Heyman."

:wow:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

HulkaMatt posted:

So was hour 2 and hour 3 swapped or something?

I think they rejiggled the show as it was going on so that the Cena/Brock thing took place right at half time and it hosed up the format. Cole was literally in the middle of a jokey joke, the NFL game went to half time, and they cut to Khali in front of the door and went to commercial.

Everblight posted:

OOOOOOOHHHHH

I thought Cena was saying "at the halftime of Raw (ie, the 90 minute mark), I'm gonna fight Heyman."

:wow:

They said "halftime of Raw" a few times, then they just said "halftime" after that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

mkay0 posted:

lol at anyone thinking they will turn Ambrose on Reigns. That's literally the most efficient way to get the crowd to turn on Reigns, the last thing wwe wants now.

Yeah exactly. Ambrose isn't gonna turn heel you nerds.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They didn't even have a script at 12 am Sunday.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I didn't watch Raw but I DID just discover my love of hard ciders and Super Mario 3D World. I suggest more people not watch Raw and instead go have fun.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What did Ambrose do to make people think he's turning?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

mkay0 posted:

Does Halftime Heat count?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NienNunb posted:

Nothing. Reigns dedicated his match with Rollins to Ambrose. And then he beat Rollins.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

NienNunb posted:

Reigns dedicated his decisive win over Rollins to Ambrose. This means Ambrose will come back and join the Authority because ???

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Reigns dedicated his decisive win over Rollins to Ambrose. This means Ambrose will come back and join the Authority because ???

WWE does not have what you might call a "consistent booking philosophy"

OTOH, CHRISTIAN IS ON TV THIS SUNDAY! PEEP SHOW :dance:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

because people in this forum are reactionary morons

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i'm not really being reactionary i just can never really predict what wwe is going to do anymore

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Rhonne posted:

He doesn't talk and doesn't use magic.

So basically, they play the concept of a leprechaun as a killer monkey-dog?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Brock is the only person with the correct proportions to wear the belt normally and that's kind of weird.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

Nothing. Reigns dedicated his match with Rollins to Ambrose. And then he beat Rollins.

Which, I'm gonna be fair to the paranoid people, is so loving weird that it's made people think that the logical/cool/good thing for Sunday (Ambrose saves Reigns from cinderblock curbstomp murder to nuclear pop, setting up Rollins/Ambrose at HIAC) isn't going to happen because the booking was that strange.

That said, I'm still going with "Reigns winning causes the Authority to make the NoC match No DQ, allowing them to set up the curbstomp murder within the confines of the match in the first place" sooner than I am "Ambrose betrays Reigns for kicking Rollins' rear end LITERALLY in Dean's name".

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

AlmightyPants posted:

Brock is the only person with the correct proportions to wear the belt normally and that's kind of weird.

didn't daniel bryan wear it around his waist

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box posted:

didn't daniel bryan wear it around his waist

He wore big gold and had the WWE title around his shoulder.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Deadpool posted:

I've heard multiple people say it's by far the worst WWE movie ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlufxatPxnA

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

:laffo: Reigns beat Rollins clean. Way to kill the excitement. This writing is dogshit but what else is new.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I didn't watch raw last night but I just checked out the highlights. Glad to see my boy my main man john Cena channel his ruthless aggression to leave the beast incarnate Brock Lesnar reeling in pain.

John Cena

You can't see me

Also I didn't watch any other highlights because frankly I'm loving bored of it all and with uni starting next week I'll probably give it a rest for a long while. I'll keep an eye on night of champions though because Cena is going to win 100% and it's going to be amazing.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

What happened on raw that makes people think Ambrose will turn heel? I just skimmed through it this week.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

This is like.... this is like the bad movie-within-a-movie the characters are working on in a movie about people who are working on a terrible movie.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

deadkiller615 posted:

What happened on raw that makes people think Ambrose will turn heel? I just skimmed through it this week.

Roman Reigns just beat Rollins clean on Raw when they already had a match booked for the PPV so why even bother with the "Ambrose comes back for revenge!" storyline because who gives a gently caress he was beaten clean on free tv!?

I don't think Ambrose is turning, this just feels like some weird last minute decision they'll kind of ignore for the next month because Vince got a wild hair up his rear end or they genuinely think this is good writing because look at their track record. Though I sadly think this opens up the possibility of Ambrose not winning the blow-off because after the cinderblock angle Dean needs to win this feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
WHY did they have Rollins vs Reigns 6 days before the PPV? is Smackdown main event going to be Jericho vs Orton?

Also, I'm kind of antsy and sad that Bray Wyatt doesn't have a match on Sunday.

• Locked thread