Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

It's all over, the Authority has won, they're celebrating and drinking and playing music or whatever. Then it happens, his music hits, the triumphant return of the guy everyone has been waiting for.

"I DON'T GET HYPE, I STAY HYPE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wait I thought Night of Champions was last night

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I think NOC will exceed expectations and be good, especially if the Cena Brock match has a 5 minute trading German suplexes spot. Also the Reigns and Rollins will probably be even better than the one on Raw.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Posting this just for the interviewer introducing Devitt simply as Fergal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zwcVSy5fT8

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WWE sucks a whole lot.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

I think NOC will exceed expectations and be good, especially if the Cena Brock match has a 5 minute trading German suplexes spot. Also the Reigns and Rollins will probably be even better than the one on Raw.

The card for NOC is actually really good it's just nobody noticed with the mediocre build

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

NienNunb posted:

WWE sucks a whole lot.

Arguably more than ever in human history! And there's not any real American competition to flip over to like the 95-96 slump. All televised pro traps is super garbage!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

NienNunb posted:

WWE sucks a whole lot.
And just think there are things worse than this, like multiple things not just TNA.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

projecthalaxy posted:

Arguably more than ever in human history! And there's not any real American competition to flip over to like the 95-96 slump. All televised pro traps is super garbage!

ROH TV is on every week

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

ROH TV is on every week
I keep forgetting to watch it even though its really good most of the time :(

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

oatgan posted:

The card for NOC is actually really good it's just nobody noticed with the mediocre build

I agree, super-psyched I got to see the entire NoC card last night on USA, Characters Welcome!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

It's all over, the Authority has won, they're celebrating and drinking and playing music or whatever. Then it happens, his music hits, the triumphant return of the guy everyone has been waiting for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49GxGjMp0a0

16 suplexes? Barely a drop in the bucket for the grand suplex-off about to occur.

That's my prediction for Night of Champions.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe it's just my impression, but I remember periods in 2007 - 2011 being much worse. Especially when it was all Cena/Orton/HHH. Then the Michael Cole heel crap. Yeah, I can definitely remember worse things.

But, having a PPV match on Raw the week before the PPV without any wrestlers being added to it is really stupid.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oatgan posted:

Post_WM30_PPVs.txt

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Daniel Bryan posted:

I JUST SAW IT LAST NIGHT, I ALREADY DIDNT MISS IT

Ambrose may as well not even return. We saw him fight Rollins two nights in a row!

Some of you are just something awful

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So German goalkeeper Tim Wiese says he has had an offer from WWE

This was the first thing that came up when I GIS'd him

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If Dean turns heel, hoo-boy! That's some next level hilarious.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

fariz posted:

Ambrose may as well not even return. We saw him fight Rollins two nights in a row!

Some of you are just something awful

ya your right they're doing it all right i'm wrong my bad i really want to see roman reigns do it all again i wonder if he can? i'm not sure and wonder if there's somehow some way roman can pull it out and beat seth? i'm not so sure of it rite now tbh

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
very intrigued to seeif rains can beat sith MAYBE he (WILL) ???

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
tbh i DONT KNOW if he can??? MAYBE i should watch nite of champs?? and see?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
very intrigued to see if roman can beat seth

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Yeah, even if Reigns gets a DQ, who cares? He's already up one. He's won the feud by default and we don't even need to watch the PPV to find that out.

They could make it potentially interesting if Rollins won clean, but god knows they'll never do that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

But can Reigns beat Kane???

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

From a couple of pages back, but this is basically why I've given up on current WWE stuff. No matter what they have going for them or how much momentum a different guy gets behind them, Vince will find a way to basically kill it in order to push Cena instead. It's boring as poo poo because it's been going on for a decade now.

And just think, if he goes as long as hogan did he's got another dozen years left!

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
I don't want to feel nervous heading into a scripted event but that's exactly how I feel. There are so many different ways that WWE can screw up and damage the people I want to see irreparably. Ambrose can turn heel for no reason, the two best Divas could phase out of existence, rapadooing could potentially occur, Cesaro...well Cesaro's already hosed.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Lots of people seem worked up.. I'm just apathetic. At this point my $9.99 is paying for NXT and old Nitros, and that's fine with me.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Please, you may as well say Cena can AA Big Show! As if THAT'LL ever happen!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I think the kind of storytelling they go for has the good guys win and the crowd go home happy more often than not. I'd like stronger villains and guys like Sheamus doing something that isn't "winning a million straight filler matches" but they aren't gonna change the model for any serious length of time.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

From a couple of pages back, but this is basically why I've given up on current WWE stuff. No matter what they have going for them or how much momentum a different guy gets behind them, Vince will find a way to basically kill it in order to push Cena instead. It's boring as poo poo because it's been going on for a decade now.

stop being a reactionary moron, there is plenty of evidence this will not happen, such as,

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

why in the blue hell is Chris Jericho fighting Orton? This is almost as useless as Orton/Kane.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 61 days!
E: beaten like I was a monster heel that was fed to Junpei Cena :argh:

projecthalaxy posted:

Reigns can't POSSIBLY beat Big Show, he's the Largest Athlete in the World! :ohdear:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 61 days!

Chokes McGee posted:

stop being a reactionary moron, there is plenty of evidence this will not happen, such as,

I do remember the ongoing tragedy that was Cena's Worst Year Ever, so perhaps you are right. :v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Prozach posted:

I don't want to feel nervous heading into a scripted event but that's exactly how I feel. There are so many different ways that WWE can screw up and damage the people I want to see irreparably. Ambrose can turn heel for no reason, the two best Divas could phase out of existence, rapadooing could potentially occur, Cesaro...well Cesaro's already hosed.
All Cesaro has to do is start winning matches and perform feats of strength to get back being over.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Bhester posted:

Lots of people seem worked up.. I'm just apathetic. At this point my $9.99 is paying for NXT and old Nitros, and that's fine with me.

I feel like NXT alone is worth 10bux a month.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

achillesforever6 posted:

All Cesaro has to do is start winning matches and perform feats of strength to get back being over.

Winning the US title is the ultimate Catch 22 though. Great you're the United States champ, good luck riding that "momentum".

At least it's better than Fella rapadoo, which I'm pretty confident is gonna be the outcome.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I feel like NXT alone is worth 10bux a month.

It is, but my new nightly tradition of an episode of Nitro before bed is a nice bonus.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I think WWE Monopoly: the board game was something that existed.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ah, Boardwalk, the perennial underdog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I do remember the ongoing tragedy that was Cena's Worst Year Ever, so perhaps you are right. :v:

It was truly heart wrenching to watch cena appear on tv all the time and win only 92% of his matches.

• Locked thread