Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Wrong, Champion Cena will need heel challengers to mow down before Thrice in A Lifetime at Wrestlemania vs. The Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

John Cena has been the logical end for Rusev since the beginning unless WWE signed and cleared Kurt Angle to wrestle

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

oatgan posted:

John Cena has been the logical end for Rusev since the beginning unless WWE signed and cleared Kurt Angle to wrestle

I assumed Reigns honestly but okay John Cena will defend America's honour.

I can't wait for Cena to MS Paint pictures of Putin as a fat lady.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
It would be a very WWE thing to do to build up a young guy for a year only to bring back a broken down 45 year old part timer to beat him.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan posted:

Yeah there was no way anyone else but Cena was going to beat him. Just hope it isn't for the title.

Though, then again I thought they were going to drag this out to be Cena's Wrestlemania match if the main event was going to be Reigns/Lesnar.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
It's doubly bad because a) I'm not ready for Rusev to lose yet and b) the logical programme would be for the title which implies Cena's beating Brock which means gently caress

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

oatgan posted:

unless WWE signed and cleared Kurt Angle to wrestle

the theme hits and the crowd is at a loss whether to cheer to their American hero 'USA, USA, USA' or 'YOU SUCK'

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Don't worry, if its for the title we can all save $9.99 a month!

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
But I want to watch NXT :(

Maybe it won't be so bad. They could curveball it and we get Brock vs Rusev. Imagine the Lana-Heyman promos!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that will never ever happen

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I can't wait for Cena to MS Paint pictures of Putin as a fat lady.

An international incident would make for a lot of publicity for WWE....

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

An international incident would make for a lot of publicity for WWE....

All these years of Cena winning was just a long build. Soon he will AA the entirety of Russia.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Roman Reigns pinning Rollins is stupid. I wanted to see Dean get that Shield vengeance pin, and getting it on that tearful stomp would have been perfect.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That Cameron gently caress up was just to film a segment for the divas show right

I'm just gonna believe that was part of an angle and that she's not functionally retarded

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shine posted:

Roman Reigns pinning Rollins is stupid. I wanted to see Dean get that Shield vengeance pin, and getting it on that tearful stomp would have been perfect.

Everything about that feels like a last minute Vince McMahon rewrite. I wouldn't be surprised if they still do an Ambrose/Rollins cell match and never mention this match again in the buildup.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Brock vs. Rusev would actually be interesting, so it will never happen. Instead the WWE will wisely spend Brock's appearance fee on another Big Show match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That Cameron gently caress up was just to film a segment for the divas show right

I'm just gonna believe that was part of an angle and that she's not functionally retarded

It probably is but then that means she's playing a character that is incredibly stupid and doesn't know how to wrestle which is still funny to me

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

oatgan posted:

It probably is but then that means she's playing a character that is incredibly stupid and doesn't know how to wrestle which is still funny to me

Has anyone ever had a "they can't actually wrestle" gimmick?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcxIjPhpDqY

e: I mean, not exactly, but

Sockser fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 16, 2014

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Kamala

Cena

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

I kinda hope that if Kurt does come back, he pulls a Sgt. Slaughter because Jack Swagger is a terrible American.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He kayfabe forgot to lift his shoulders during a bridging german suplex pin, thus causing a double pin count to end a match against CM Punk.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

He kayfabe forgot to lift his shoulders during a bridging german suplex pin, thus causing a double pin count to end a match against CM Punk.

he was tired!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

then he needs to work on his cardio and is therefore a bad wrester

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

have you tried to do a bridge? it's hard

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I know it will never ever happen because it would be logical and good but I want Lesnar to chump Cena again and then the Authority put him in a feud with Rusev because he doesn't deserve to be in title contention anymore.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Hmmm, that and the podcast plug could mean something.

Also IT'S COMING

it was a good thing Rusev went over then

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

It's one of the core positions in DDP Yoga, and yeah, it's not as easy as Curt Hennig made it look.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TheJoker138 posted:

It's one of the core positions in DDP Yoga, and yeah, it's not as easy as Curt Hennig made it look.

That's a perfect example.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Big Show is much larger than a vanilla midget like CM Punk so you're naturally higher off the ground when attempting the bridge

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TheJoker138 posted:

DDP Yoga would probably be more popular if it included a life size/weight Big Show mannequin to bridge

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cardboard Box posted:

Especially when the person sandbags you because they don't want to take a German Suplex.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
He should change his name to Sith Rollins and choke people from backstage. Prove he's the guy doing it! You can't! It's flawless strategy.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm thinking if Cena wins Sunday I'm gonna just stop even following the weekly product and just watch old Raw's/Nitro's and NXT. I'm giving them money still but at least I'm not getting a headache from dumb booking.

(Easiest WCW joke ever)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I recall Cena having several fairly entertaining matches with Umaga. Cena/Rusev might not be terrible.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

RBX posted:

I'm thinking if Cena wins Sunday I'm gonna just stop even following the weekly product and just watch old Raw's/Nitro's and NXT. I'm giving them money still but at least I'm not getting a headache from dumb booking.

(Easiest WCW joke ever)

Haven't watched Raw in over a month. Always record then ask if it was worth watching. The answer is always no so I just delete it

Nitro and PPV's for me

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

RBX posted:

I'm thinking if Cena wins Sunday I'm gonna just stop even following the weekly product and just watch old Raw's/Nitro's and NXT.

It would be beyond belief for Cena to win this weekend, but then again, Vince McMahon...sooo.....

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

It's doubly bad because a) I'm not ready for Rusev to lose yet and b) the logical programme would be for the title which implies Cena's beating Brock which means gently caress

What? I don't get how this follows. I see Cena/Rusev meaning it's MORE likely Cena doesn't win. Why?

1) Brock would still have his rematch.
2) Cena/Rusev reeks of a placeholder feud for Cena since Brock will, in my scenario, still have the title.
3) The thrust of that feud would still be Russia vs. USA, which means the title isn't needed.

I know I said I wasn't gonna post this week but unfortunately for me my internet is being so ungodly slow (by modern standards) that browsing the forums is mostly all I can do. :shobon:

Also I still maintain they had Reigns win so Reigns/Rollins at NoC will be No DQ so that Rollins can cheat to win AND it'd set up the murder spot Dean could save Roman from. Does no one else honestly see this as a possibility? It's dumb, yes, but there's a reasonable amount of logic behind it given Seth talking so much about wanting to end Reigns, and it's certainly more logical than a Dean turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Rusev being fed to Cena is fine, although I wish they'd wait until Mania. This really does call for a flag waving patriotic face and Cena's the top guy in that category. Do you really want to see Bryan or Ambrose waving the flag and talking about how the US is the best?

• Locked thread