Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wasn't there supposed to be an NXT thing? I mean admittedly who would want an NXT thing when you've got gold like the Cameron Naomi match or.... Wow I can't even remember what happened last night outside of the Lesnar thing and the Rollins clean loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Yeah, even if Reigns gets a DQ, who cares? He's already up one. He's won the feud by default and we don't even need to watch the PPV to find that out.

They could make it potentially interesting if Rollins won clean, but god knows they'll never do that.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ah, Boardwalk, the perennial underdog.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Speaking personally, I Just really enjoy being a slum lord.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I think it would be a real shame to waste all this time they've spent building up Rusev for Cena to be the one that beats him. So, yeah, they'll probably do it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

If they really are doing the Cena/Rusev thing they should give Rusev the US Title and have Cena actually want it, because America. It would do a lot for the prestige of the belt and would be the only instance I can think of where Cena is being used to put over a thing rather than a thing being used to put over Cena

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Much like the Usos, the Ascension doesn't bother me so long as they aren't inexplicably the forever-champions.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Well that's one way to end that insufferable Reigns/Rollins feud.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

glad to see valeyard is back and posting 90 times a page

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I'm now terrified that this is exactly the sort of thing that will force Vince into knee-jerking Cena to a victory.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

They probably wouldn't have had the unnecessary and terrible Rusev match if that was they knew about it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The one bright point to Cesaro losing is that maybe Sheamus will drop the belt to Rusev at Hell in the Cell

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Haven't seen the PPV yet but I don't get the impression that "nothing" happened or was advanced by that ending. At the very least Seth Rollins is back on the map with that cash in-option, when Brock won the title at Summerslam people were like "lol he might as well leave the briefcase at home until it expires" but now it's kinda open who he will cash it in on.

It's really cool and hella good booking that the only way we can conceive of a way for monster heel Brock Lesnar to go over against the down on his luck always do the right thing hero John Cena is for him to cheat

This man beat the Undertaker's streak but is made to live in fear of John Cena

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Why do people keep posting poo poo like this? He didn't cower from Cena, nor did he look weak at all. I don't know how you make Brock look stronger without having him win again which yes, is a superior option, but Lesnar beat the poo poo out of Cena and borderline no-sold all of Cena's stuff until the very end after he'd been gradually worn down, and even then Brock was still fighting when Rollins interfered. It's not like he was a dead fish.

Also when Brock insta-F5'd Cena at SummerSlam it was a 2.9 count. Cena's insta-AA last night was like a 0.5 count. No one has ever no sold an AA that completely in Cena's career.

Maybe because Lesnar only won because of outside interference as recently as, oh, I don't know, 13 hours ago?

Like sure you could bring up Summerslam but that was clearly a one-time freebie and Lesnar's ever getting a win that decisive over Cena ever again.

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 22, 2014

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My point is that Lesnar's entire current run arc is "He defeated the Undertaker's streak. He destroyed Cena at Summerslam! Who can beat this unstoppable behemoth?" But now it's "Who can beat this unstoppable behemoth, other than John Cena, who only lost because of outside interference?!"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

You're insane if you think that the narrative going forward outside of maybe Heyman isn't going to be that Cena had Lesnar beat.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oatgan posted:

I'm not saying Brock Lesnar looked weak, but he was about to lose before Seth Rollins bailed his rear end out

But nobody can know for sure! :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Dean Ambrose Show would rule

• Locked thread