Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

There's like no heels left for him to fight either that haven't been jobbed to death. Except maybe Orton. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Oh right, there's Rusev. Which...it'd be very WWE if this is leading to Cena/Rusev. "I fight for America, JACK!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

It's all over, the Authority has won, they're celebrating and drinking and playing music or whatever. Then it happens, his music hits, the triumphant return of the guy everyone has been waiting for.

"I DON'T GET HYPE, I STAY HYPE!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

You always want those two properties. Everyone hits them moving past Go.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

MacDougall posted:

Okay rationalise this for me please, taking into consideration that it's a looping game?

The rarity of landing on Boardwalk or Park Place is compounded by a slight overshoot of that plopping you right on Baltic or Club Med. It happens all the time and sucks up the Go money for whoever put hotels there.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 16, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is it as good as the Star Trek one?

This also encapsulates watching Raw.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Cena vs Rusev in fine in theory, although it means they're destroying *another* heel after like two months to feed the Cena Monster. It doesn't really need to be for the title, but it will be because WWE.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Pretty much every face in the company that isn't Cena, Reigns or an Uso is a midcarder who hasn't been pushed in five years.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Then there's that weird disconnect where Umaga was a Samoan savage but the Usos and Rikishi were relatively normal. Maybe Umaga was from South Samoa.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The crowd loves Reigns to death, so that would still make him a heel by default.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Most Diva's matches don't end after a single bump causes one of the women's hips to explode like an MK brutality.

Well not now, but back when Aksana was around there was always a chance.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Ravishing Dave Meltzer.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 19, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's hard to even judge the Usos on their match quality anymore since they've turned into a tag team of Cenas where the division has been gutted to put them over. They shouldn't have gone over the Wyatts, but they did and now the Wyatts are dead, so you had the nonsensical heel turn for the Dusts. When they're done beating the Dusts, I guess you'll get Ascension, and it's just a neverending storm of teams being fed to them, even if you have to turn a face team heel with a plot hammer to do so.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Can't disagree with that but gently caress that anyway because Austin's heel turn was loving amazing and I enjoyed every goddamn second of it.

:allears:

This. If people didn't pay money for Evil Austin, that's because people are stupid, not that Evil Austin was bad.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well he's Samoan. Ambrose would end up with a broken arm.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They'll end up feeding Rollins to Cena since with Reigns gone, that panic button is *really* gonna be mashed.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Am I being worked into a shoot? Am I a jabronie mark?

So I guess it's Cena then, Cena now, Cena forever.

Writer: We don't know when Reigns will be back, sir.

Vince: WHAT ELSE DO WE HAVE IN THE PIPE?

Writer: Well, Cena could go over Brock. Then Rusev. Then Rollins.

Vince: WE'RE GOOD UNTIL THE RUMBLE!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Plan B(unny)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Valeyard posted:

And now Reigns gets jobbed out for his intestines being a pussy

There is no sick!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Coincidentally you can also point out the moment in that match the Roman Reigns bus starts rolling, as when it became apparent Batista was most likely winning, the crowd decides they *really* want Reigns to win out of the options left.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Has anyone ever made a montage of Orton vs Table?

He never got his win back for this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKRVhWzl8nQ

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm a little worried that no one gets real heel heat in the WWE. Brock isn't hated so much as held in awe by the fans. I want an old fashioned Big Boss Man style rear end in a top hat that people want to beat the poo poo out of.

Rusev isn't really there yet, but Lana certainly is.

Hell, Rusev comes across as kind of sympathetic just because Lana is such an rear end in a top hat.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

You'd almost think there's ten years worth of precedence for that bitching.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I think the one thing I actually liked in Cena/Brock was Cena doing his usual "My arms are half a foot away from your head" STF, and Brock just kind of tugging his arms out of the way.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I actually did like the ending of Cesaro/Sheamus. Sheamus just got him with a good one in the middle of a hoss-off. Orton/Jericho would have been better if Jericho didn't sit up there for like 30 seconds yelling for Orton to turn around. What the hell was that

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Doctor Goggles posted:

Dean should only be malicious to the people he actually hates. The cab driver was only caught in the wake of his single-minded pursuit of Seth Rollins.

Now I want someone to photoshop Dean and Seth into the "Have you seen this boy?" scene from Terminator 2.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

What it really seemed like they were doing in that match was the exact opposite of the last Brock/Cena match, with Cena immediately hitting his finisher to little effect, so then he just kept hitting finishers over and over with each one sticking a little more than the last. Till he eventually hits a fourth one and it was pretty clear Brock was probably done in the narrative of the match, then he was bailed out.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Huh? The announcers were flipping their poo poo going "FOUR AAS, THAT'S IT IT'S OVER oh Seth Rollins is here"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Shine posted:

Yeah. He's probably the most legit monster they've ever had. They can realistically portray that you can't "out-fight" him (UFC champion) or out-wrestle him (NCAA wrestling champion), and he isn't a hotshot rookie who can be beaten with "veteran experience" (he's been wrestling for over a decade and beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania despite the latter's win steak, stupid hair and HD cold sores). I'd love to see them ride him out for a year or more, establishing him as the unbeatable champion of a generation. When he finally loses, it should be to someone they want to establish as a top name for years to come, like Charlotte Flair.

Charlotte Flair beating Brock at Wrestlemania is the best possible option.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

pressedbunny posted:

Half a tube of Pringles and any 80s issue of Penthouse.

I like to think WWE got permanent rights to Matt Hardy's Monster Magnet song by handing Dave Wyndorf a bag of shrooms.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yuriy posted:

"Ronda Rousey"

"Jon Jones"

The two biggest draws the UFC has left are a woman who wrecks everyone in under 5 minutes (I think her record is 16 seconds)

Jones has only had a close fight with one person, Alexander Gustaffson and apart from that has dominated and wrecked everyone else

Brock isn't Triple H, there is literally no one else that wrestles that approaches what Brock is as an athlete or a character

If he's gonna ever be shown as vulnerable, it should be in a close match after a lot of build up imo, not a gently caress finish on a nothing pay per view to a guy that most people are pretty tired of

Especially in the kayfabe context. What changed for Cena between the first match and this one? Did he change tactics? Did he change how he trains?

Why did he suddenly start being able to throw Brock around? He didn't have a heel turn, he didn't even go shades of grey and do something questionable.

RUTHLESS AGGRESSION

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So just to run it down, the things that have made Brock Lesnar lose (or about to lose before interference) since his return are chain shots to the head, Pedigrees onto stairs, or being John Cena and AAing him a bunch of times.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Man, if Cena were somehow injured tomorrow WWE would suddenly be hilarious. There are no faces (non-injured) they haven't buried yet except for Ambrose. Or I guess to a lesser degree, Sheamus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

If they did blood anymore, Brock making him pass out from blood loss would be neat. He's already at the Austin going after Bret Hart stage anyway with Rollins playing the part of Bret.

• Locked thread