Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NienNunb posted:

What did Ambrose do to make people think he's turning?

Nothing. Reigns dedicated his match with Rollins to Ambrose. And then he beat Rollins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box posted:

didn't daniel bryan wear it around his waist

He wore big gold and had the WWE title around his shoulder.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

Skipped Raw and listened to the Observer instead. Last night's Raw sounded like the most uninspired build to a PPV in a while.

It's like they're not even trying.

They're doing the thing they do a lot where they tell you something is important but they don't MAKE it important and then wonder why things aren't clicking.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It's like Reigns beating Orton. They tried to sell it as this big time win for Roman Reigns and .... did it really elevate him or put him at another level?

No. It didn't. If anything I'd argue that Reigns is way less over than he was two months ago in the title picture. Why? BECAUSE BEATING ORTON MEANS NOTHING.

Beating almost anyone on the entire roster means nothing. Outside of Cena or Lesnar (and I'd accept an argument for Triple H), there is almost no one that would matter that you could beat.

And then he beats the next heel down from Orton in Seth like it's nothing on the go home show to the PPV.

Buy the Network, guys.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I don't think they're trying to do any of that. I honestly, truly believe they want to put on a good product and they're just doing a poor job of that for whatever reason.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

Yeah listening to the Observer I thought that Henry/Rusev was some dark match thing, but they really put that on as a main event?

Between that and Brie/Stephanie, it's like they're experimenting with putting random crap on the overrun to see if it even matters.

It's weird to book your main event angle based on whenever NFL happens to go to halftime.

Well, it was two really popular teams and the game was close. I don't know if they had a choice.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

I JUST SAW IT LAST NIGHT, I ALREADY DIDNT MISS IT

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It was okay and I really don't need to see it again.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

I don't.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

fariz posted:

Ambrose may as well not even return. We saw him fight Rollins two nights in a row!

Some of you are just something awful

ya your right they're doing it all right i'm wrong my bad i really want to see roman reigns do it all again i wonder if he can? i'm not sure and wonder if there's somehow some way roman can pull it out and beat seth? i'm not so sure of it rite now tbh

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
very intrigued to seeif rains can beat sith MAYBE he (WILL) ???

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
tbh i DONT KNOW if he can??? MAYBE i should watch nite of champs?? and see?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
very intrigued to see if roman can beat seth

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
RAW viewership.

8PM - 3,900.000 viewers
9PM - 3,949,000 viewers.
10PM - 3,629,000 viewers.

Average: 3,826,000

That would be the lowest rated third hour since December 2013.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

-- WWE has requested production of tons of different Steve Austin t-shirts

Hmmm, that and the podcast plug could mean something.

Also IT'S COMING

quote:

-- The belief regarding the Mark Henry/Rusev segment closing out Raw last night was that it was less about Mark Henry and more about Rusev likely entering into a program with John Cena soon.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

DeathChicken posted:

The crowd loves Reigns to death, so that would still make him a heel by default.

They do? It seems like they're polite to him but I don't sense much connection besides that.

super macho dude posted:

So did Brock's nose really get broken during his "scuffle" with Cena? I couldnt tell, considering his face looks like its hewn out ruddy clay.

No.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 17, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
There's a difference between "I think this guy is cool so let's cheer for him" and "I really want this guy to win I hope he does". The latter makes money, while the former will in short bursts.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If Dean attacked Roman on Sunday, it wouldn't matter one solitary bit if Dean also attacked Rollins. The crowd would boo the hell out of him. The amount this forum has turned on and undersells Reigns's overness is hilarious. I'm not gonna say at this moment that Roman is more over as a face than Dean is because they really have lightning in a bottle with Dean and should capitalize, but come on.

If Dean attacks Roman, he's a heel. Period.

No one is underselling or turning on anything, guy. I'm just calling it like I see it. I don't sense a strong connection there.

I will say though that Roman Reigns always comes off as very over on Smackdown.

I don't have any secret agenda to call out your faves, Foochs. I'm just analyzing what I see.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan posted:

Roman is less over than he's been at big moments in the past because he hasn't done anything really awesome like his performance at Survivor Series and The Rumble lately. He's over and primed for poo poo like that at any moment they just need to actually do it. As has been mentioned earlier on this page Raw has just been dull as of late. Outside of Paul Heyman and John Cena nobody has really done anything noteworthy.

He's beating the top heels in the company clean as a whistle. People have been far more over with far less.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Sometimes we do get the top merchandise sellers from Meltzer. None of the Divas have been on the list IIRC.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Well I certainly don't sense AJ as a big mover right now when all she does is skip around the ring to the sounds of crickets from the audience.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Prepare yourself for disappointment!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Barrett's due back in December.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Saturday nights main event Andrew the giant Wrestlemania everyone had approve bath good what did ya smell angel yeah d sun sun the champ is here

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Bray Wyatt doesn't even have a PPV match as of right now. I don't think he's been a victim of "no plans" until now.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan posted:

Prepare yourself for disappointment!

Dave Meltzer posted:

This is not something to get excited about or you will be disappointed.

It's a Dixie Carter level surprise.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Blasmeister posted:

Well poo poo, would a ppv match even be possible for something like that 1 day removed? The card is really loving bare without it.

Dean can come back tomorrow.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Roman Reigns posted:

It's not like NoC was a major PPV to begin with anyway. Last I read about it in the beginning of the week they were still having trouble selling out tickets.

At least they're taking care of him before it got worse. Recovery time can be around a month, give or take, so absence won't be too long.

ARE YOU POSTING FROM THE OPERATING TABLE??

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Apparently WWE is going to address how this affects Night of Champions at 1PM EDT, per Meltzer.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 20, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

KungFu Grip posted:

There are other people on more paranoid wrestling forums shouting to the high heavens that this is a work so Roman can take the tile off a Rollins who is cashing in at Night of Champions. These people seem pretty delusional.

There are people who honestly believe Daniel Bryan has had pretend neck surgery so WWE can push Reigns instead.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

DrVenkman posted:

There are people who think that Kevin Sullivan killed Benoit and family. Like, Sullivan isn't that liked or whatever, but it must suck to walk around knowing that people actually believe you capable of multiple murder. Not just one person either. Multiple.

Well, if you ask Meltzer: http://tindeck.com/listen/ncoz

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
They'll be airing what's going on live on the Network at 1PM.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
So I guess we got bait and switched and there's no update on the Network.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
More importantly, they're not sure if Dean will be back today or tomorrow, because movies often have delays you can't predict so the next babyface down is..........Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It suffered the same problem as Battleground. "Nothing happens because it's all about the NEXT PPV."

I get it, but it doesn't make the PPV I watched any less lame.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NienNunb posted:

Is Bull Dempsy just a dollar store version of Bull Nakano?

They don't even belong in the same sentence.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Ambrose vs Orton set for tonight.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

cronox2 posted:

Yeah that whole "9/22" business has to be about the video game, the network is showing Part 1 of the Roster Reveal after Raw.

Don't get too excited for this by the way, it's the same thing as the Summerslam panel already on YouTube.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Thauros posted:

It'd be nice if they actually give Ambrose a solid win over a an upper card guy as a singles face. Dude's over and has looked continually awesome in promos and brawls, but has he really had a notable victory since the Shield broke up?

No. But I feel like Ambrose is the kind of guy who can make it work regardless.

All he's got to do is keep being the lunatic fringe and he'll be just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan posted:

not currently in the company :smug:

Technically still under contract, therefore in the company. :smug:

I should know or whatever gimmick garbage i could say because my username

• Locked thread