Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Then he should've had grandpa do it. He tried to do it himself and just hosed it up. Hell, maybe Pappy Peterson can start a business where he comes to your house and turns your kids into pro athletes by beating them.

Hmmm...I have a four year old. You think it works on white kids?

gently caress yes it will take it from me

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Good advice from Reggie Bush: If you're gonna hit your kid, don't leave marks.

AP is done, as Nike has removed AP merchandise from their Minnesota stores.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Then he should've had grandpa do it. He tried to do it himself and just hosed it up. Hell, maybe Pappy Peterson can start a business where he comes to your house and turns your kids into pro athletes by beating them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMyG-mCV47s

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Adrian Beatstheirson.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
good gently caress the Vikings

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

What if the kid had a gun?

What if the kid cuck'd him?

LOL

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Thats loving hilarious, bro.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

ArbitraryC posted:

Adrian Beatstheirson.

Ha! That made me legit lol

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Uncle Wemus posted:

and now the vikings are going to lose this season why does this always happen to us?

more like Adrian Beaterson.

E: gently caress beaten like his son.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

its the guy from scrubs

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
madden gif got rid of the peterson one so i can't use it for gif jokes :smith:

Don't worry I'm sure beating a child is like a 3 game suspension.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Al Borland posted:

madden gif got rid of the peterson one so i can't use it for gif jokes :smith:

Don't worry I'm sure beating a child is like a 3 game suspension.

Harsh, but fair.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

Harsh, but fair.

LOL NM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/vikings-announce-adrian-peterson-will-practice--expected-to-play-this-week-160458436.html

Just one game.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'll take that bet. No way AP plays this weekend.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

I'll take that bet. No way AP plays this weekend.

I dunno vikings need to win.

Gotta make sure that new stadium was worth it. Right?

I don't want him to play a game ever again, but I kind of want him too as well.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

social justice in the nfl lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Al Borland posted:

I dunno vikings need to win.

Gotta make sure that new stadium was worth it. Right?

I don't want him to play a game ever again, but I kind of want him too as well.

The Minnesota governor publicly stated he should be suspended. It's going to be impossible to resist that level of pressure.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
So I haven't followed this at all other than to make a bad pun but is there any clarification on the word "beat" here? Are we talking about something people get really bent out of shape over but really isn't a big deal like spanking or more of an abusive coming home drunk and giving your kid a shiner kind of situation?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

The Minnesota governor publicly stated he should be suspended. It's going to be impossible to resist that level of pressure.

Yet I so badly want to see them ignore it.

report on peterson abuse posted:

Peterson’s son had pushed another one of Peterson’s children off of a motorbike video game. As punishment, Peterson grabbed a tree branch – which he consistently referred to as a “switch” – removed the leaves and struck the child repeatedly.

The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. Peterson then texted the boy’s mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s scrotum in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 17, 2014

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

So I haven't followed this at all other than to make a bad pun but is there any clarification on the word "beat" here? Are we talking about something people get really bent out of shape over but really isn't a big deal like spanking or more of an abusive coming home drunk and giving your kid a shiner kind of situation?

There are pics of the child's injuries but in sum there are about 8 large lacerations on the boys legs and back, as well as his testicles. AP texted the mom stating that he hit the child's testicles by accident.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

The kid looked like passion of the Christ a week after it happened.

Also Reggie Bush disciplines his 1 year old daughter, but don't worry he doesn't try to bruise her

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nonsense posted:

The kid looked like passion of the Christ a week after it happened.

Also Reggie Bush disciplines his 1 year old daughter, but don't worry he doesn't try to bruise her

1 loving years old!

Beating children is hilarious.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Okay I could see spanking the kid, but holy poo poo he went to town.

redshirt posted:

1 loving years old!

Beating children is hilarious.

Thats nothing compared to that guy who beats his pre-born and fiancee to teach it a lesson.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

White people should shut the gently caress up

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
That's the face of a man who had a lot of pent up rage inside of him and finally got to release it. If he hadn't flipped out over this it would have been something else

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Wait so he just stripped a tree branch and started wailing on his kid with it? Defensive wounds jesus christ.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

probably just doing what his dad did

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

All Day

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Yeah why wouldn't it let's get an all-star NHL power forward going

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

argondamn posted:

probably just doing what his dad did

No doubt, though I hope not to this degree.

Real talk: I welcome the debate this brings into the general population. Anything that can raise awareness and hopefully prevent some child abuse is a good thing.

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
he may have had Low T

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i think a lot of the apologists for AP are from people who actively avoided looking at the photos of his kid and how he looked, either out of "DIGNITY" or "EW" it's still stupid as gently caress to not look at them and then say stupid poo poo about spanking when AP did not, and apparently does NOT spank his children.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
At work some people were actually defending this poo poo because as we all know (if you are a loving retard and or a sociopath anyhow) beating kids is the only way to make them behave cuz WORKED IN MY DAY.

It was all I could do to not flip out on the people saying this. I somehow kept control and informed how physical goddamned WOUNDS were caused (didn't know about the groin thing good God!) and how that sort of thing caused me to be all hosed up. They got real quiet. I didn't know the kid was preschool aged either which makes it even MORE hosed up.

And before any old bastard says it, no BACK IN THE DAY BEATING YOUR KIDS DID NOT MAKE THEM BETTER. I graduated High School in 1992. People were loving poo poo then too. Like in 4th grade kids were singing about blow jobs and poo poo. The only loving difference is people loving record their awful behavior now and technology spreads people being awful bastards. Hazing and the like happened then too. Its just kids didn't record their lawyer dads beating the poo poo out of them with a belt. And even the few who did had no way to get it to the cops or anything other than shoved under the rug, maybe as a tiny paragraph in a podunk local newspaper at loving best.

poo poo, the people I knew then who got beaten by their parents or hazed in school the most usually ended up being the biggest sacks of loving worthless dogshit themselves. Empathy? gently caress NO DO IT TO SOMEONE ELSE!

I didn't get beaten half as hard as this poor kid did but the abuse I put up from my mother was enough that I refuse to visit her grave. Mainly because I would end up getting arrested for defacing and destroying it in spite of being the one who loving paid for the stone.

The hell are people so poo poo for?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

people who are annoyed by children, what they do, how they speak, how they interact

and then decides to have 7 kids

edit: confused him with another player who had 11+ kids

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 17, 2014

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nonsense posted:

people who are annoyed by children, what they do, how they speak, how they interact

and then has 10 kids with 11 different women, one of whom already died at the hands of another fucker

How hosed up is that? Just last year another of AP's sons - a 2 year old - was beaten to death by another man. Beaten during punishment.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I don't think there is anything wrong with spanking your child once or twice. IT doesn't hurt at all and is more of a shock value unless you really whale on the kid which is more than just a spanking at that point.

I used to be a little poo poo but one day my grandma spanked me and man I was just surprised anyone did that to me. I stopped being a little dick almost immediately.

redshirt posted:

How hosed up is that? Just last year another of AP's sons - a 2 year old - was beaten to death by another man. Beaten during punishment.

his mistake was not using a bar of soap in a sock to prevent bruises. Also admitting to it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Al Borland posted:

I don't think there is anything wrong with spanking your child once or twice. IT doesn't hurt at all and is more of a shock value unless you really whale on the kid which is more than just a spanking at that point.

I used to be a little poo poo but one day my grandma spanked me and man I was just surprised anyone did that to me. I stopped being a little dick almost immediately.

I don't think any violence from an adult on a child is appropriate.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Captain Rufus posted:

I didn't get beaten half as hard as this poor kid did but the abuse I put up from my mother was enough that I refuse to visit her grave. Mainly because I would end up getting arrested for defacing and destroying it in spite of being the one who loving paid for the stone.

if this episode has taught me anything it's that defacing your own property is always ok so go for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Al Borland posted:

his mistake was not using a bar of soap in a sock to prevent bruises. Also admitting to it.

and now you post here. no negative long term effects indeed

• Locked thread