Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

ROOMBA floorvac posted:

So what's the word on the mountain pass driving? Anything similar to Fujimi. It is seriously one of the biggest deciding factors for me. :v:

I haven't seen much, but at least in the first city, there are some good mountain-side winding roads that run along the coast. They're not as tight and twisty as the Fujimi mountain pass though, but are still fun to drive. Especially when you get to take in such a gorgeous view as an ocean with gently rippling water reflecting a setting sun back at you.

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Sounds like everyone's stuck on the tutorial levels so far!

Yuuuuup :/

Can't wait to hop back on this when I get home from work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Ok, I started late (about 02:40) and HAD to get to bed by 6 (almost made it... not quite). So I'm at work now and pretty drat tired, but I have a minute to post while I'm waiting for a call-back:

I also failed to unlock the Club option. I can buy cars, I'm making decent money, the game is pretty challenging but not too frustrating (e.g. the GT40 Bucket List thing took me several tries, though I expected to nail it in one, but it was a blast to do. The car sounded and handled as expected).
It's pretty, it's very fast (even the menus, though laid out weird, are snappy: tuning goes by quickly); and overall it's cooler than the first one.
I also could not copy over vinyls from FM5. Maybe it's not working yet, or maybe it's not going to work; but I hope it's the former (or I just haven't figured it out, yet.) One plus about the design studio, it's MUCH faster than the one in FH1. No lag at all. Speaking of tuning, I used the same weight distribution method I've been using for a very long time, and it gave decent results (on the Z4 and the Ferrari).

I guess I'm still in the training wheels section, even though I played about two hours' worth (rather aimlessly, I admit). I got a tiny bit of multiplayer in, I liked it well enough. Over time I could see it definitely adding replay-value the original just didn't have.

Agreed with GutBomb on the "Why am I driving cross-country in a Ferrari?" feeling.

Atmus, GutBomb, if you have PMs I am sending you something.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

Agreed with GutBomb on the "Why am I driving cross-country in a Ferrari?" feeling.

Because I didn't pay for it. That's why.

Also I got your PM, and I saw the thread detailing it. If no one beats me to it, I should have the club up and running by 5pm Colorado time.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Atmus posted:

Because I didn't pay for it. That's why.

Also I got your PM, and I saw the thread detailing it. If no one beats me to it, I should have the club up and running by 5pm Colorado time.

I'll have it up by that time probably.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Oh you think so, huh? Well maybe I will get it done by 3pm! What do you think about that, tough guy? :mad:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
LLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLEEEEE!!!! gets sued

Hey, I've been thinking about it. Could you please add me as "By The Grace Of God His Royal Majesty Captain Howdy 0 His Divine Radiance Of GRC In Perpetuity Praise Be Unto Him" please?
Thanks!

VVV Kinda lacks the grandeur I was going for, but that's fair I guess. VVV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 30, 2014

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

LLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLEEEEE!!!! gets sued

Hey, I've been thinking about it. Could you please add me as "Picture Wizard" please?
Thanks!

Sure, if it fits. If not, I'm betting "PhotoBitch" will!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Club created. GRC is the tag, the name is Goon Racing Club. I'm pretty sure that you have to request membership in the club in-game and you won't be able to do that until you unlock clubs. You have to win 3 championships and do the race against the train to unlock clubs.

Edit: I was wrong, found a place to send out invites. If I forgot anyone though, search for the club and request.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 30, 2014

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I was this close... :(

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Atmus posted:

I was this close... :(

I bet if I had actually smoked 1 more cigarette during that time you would have got it first.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GutBomb posted:

I bet if I had actually smoked 1 more cigarette during that time you would have got it first.

I probably would have got it last night had I not spent a non-trivial amount of time looking online to find out how to unlock them in the first place. Oh well. The server is being a horrible dick about actually finding the club now, too.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
It won't let me invite anyone that has not played yet. People who have played, the invites go out fine. People who have not, it says the user could not be found

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

GutBomb posted:

You have to win 3 championships and do the race against the train to unlock clubs.

Challenge Accepted.

Just got home and I guess something is installing from the disc. Or it's downloading an update.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

GutBomb posted:

Edit: I was wrong, found a place to send out invites. If I forgot anyone though, search for the club and request.
Haven't gotten to that point yet but if you could send an invite to muheras that'd be great

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Glad the club thing is sorted. I'll be home early tonight.

On the other hand a little research on the forums indicates there will be no importing FM5 designs/vinyls, period.

loving. Lame.

P.S. - XBox 360 owners rejoice! You can import from FH1!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
No club garage either

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Dr. Faustus posted:

P.S. - XBox 360 owners rejoice! You can import from FH1!

Well. At least I have one thing to look forward to. :getin:

I almost 'boned on lunch ... was so close. It's totally inevitable. I love the Forza series too much to leave forever.

pvax fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 1, 2014

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
FYI, a lot of the online features (downloading paints, rivals, and the club features) are either not working or are being intermittently disabled by the developers to try and figure out issues with the online components and the VIP not working.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

azflyboy posted:

FYI, a lot of the online features (downloading paints, rivals, and the club features) are either not working or are being intermittently disabled by the developers to try and figure out issues with the online components and the VIP not working.

My VIP didn't show up at first, but I had to restart my console after the second race because my controller disconnected itself and wouldn't reconnect, and now I have my crown. I don't have any messages in my inbox though, so no bonus cars yet. I believe the Day One Edition pack cars should be there, plus a bunch for my Forza Rewards status?

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
grabbed the 360 version today because I'm impulsive. So far ( just driving around, no real racing or tuning yet ) it's like a more polished take on the first Horizon, which really isn't a terrible thing ... I love the sprawling maps of TDU2 but the cars and the actual driving are nowhere near as fun as Forza's.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

triple clutcher posted:

grabbed the 360 version today because I'm impulsive. So far ( just driving around, no real racing or tuning yet ) it's like a more polished take on the first Horizon, which really isn't a terrible thing ... I love the sprawling maps of TDU2 but the cars and the actual driving are nowhere near as fun as Forza's.

Agreed. If you are still on the the 360 and liked FH1, this is basically like a decent part two. If definitely is a step down from the streams I watched last night of the X1 version, but it's still a decent looking 360 game.

A little sadfaced at some of the shared videos. It hurt a little in the 2nd cut-scene for Ashley to mention the "rain" we just had. Well - the rain YOU had on your One. Some loading screens show wet cars as well.

pvax fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 7, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Picked up the bone version, its pretty much what I expected, which is to say great.

I do miss smart glass though. :(

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Maneki Neko posted:

Picked up the bone version, its pretty much what I expected, which is to say great.

I do miss smart glass though. :(

There's a smart glass app for the bone too unless that's not what you're talking about

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

GutBomb posted:

There's a smart glass app for the bone too unless that's not what you're talking about

But unlike the first Horizon, smartglass does nothing. There's no connected app. :(

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Maneki Neko posted:

But unlike the first Horizon, smartglass does nothing. There's no connected app. :(

Oh I never knew that the first one used it. Was it a Map?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Protip: take a photo as soon as a race starts

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

GutBomb posted:

Oh I never knew that the first one used it. Was it a Map?

Yeah, you could set waypoints on it, and I seem to recall it being easier to find the breakable signs with the smartglass app, but I could just be remembering it wrong.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I tried to send a club request but it says the club is invite only? XBLA: TheNall

This game's fun and very pretty.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Are clubs actually working right now? Still looks like they are having server problems galore.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Maneki Neko posted:

Are clubs actually working right now? Still looks like they are having server problems galore.

Yup. You have to compete the first 3 championships and the second showcase event and it prompts you to join one after you drive back to the festival.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
On top of that, many server-side things are being toggled to troubleshoot launch stuff. E.G. I have my VIP installed, but I'm not showing up as VIP.
At least I got my GRC tag a little while ago.

Me and Liquid Stuart's drivatar driving up the coast:

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 1, 2014

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Oh my god the bowler bucket list challenge is amazing. Perfect radio preset.

It's also IMPOSSIBLE

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 1, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Invite to GRC plz, my gamer tag is: Vedic

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

(Don't look at the full-resolution image.)

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
I discovered an interesting way to beat the "pro drivatar" rivals that are driving around the map.

For some reason, when you challenge a drivatar, it only seems to be able to follow established roads and there are no checkpoints along the route, so you can often take some massive shortcuts to beat cars that should be way faster than you are. My record so far is beating a BMW at the top of the B class with a D class VW Beetle. Since beating the pro drivatars is worth a good number of credits (I usually get 50-65k for beating each one), it's worth doing early on to be able to buy some of the more expensive cars.

azflyboy fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 1, 2014

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...
Got my GRC invite on the bone... let's do this.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Pudgygiant posted:

Oh my god the bowler bucket list challenge is amazing. Perfect radio preset.

It's also IMPOSSIBLE
I was listening to the classic station when I beat it what did you hear?

Also it really was an awesome challenge, I would've beaten it on my 2nd try I think had I not gotten just a bit too much air and flipped the damned thing.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Pudgygiant posted:

Protip: take a photo as soon as a race starts

I am totally addicted to the photo mode. I spent like 4 hours playing FH2 last night and I think about a quarter of it must have been loving with photo mode. How do you get the photos to post on the forums? Is it part of the 'share' function? Share wasnt working for me last night.

Also, when I get far enough, I will be attempting to join the GRC (xbone) as 'WinnebagoWarrio'. I dunno if its invite only though, so if it is, invite me please!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I am totally addicted to the photo mode. I spent like 4 hours playing FH2 last night and I think about a quarter of it must have been loving with photo mode. How do you get the photos to post on the forums? Is it part of the 'share' function? Share wasnt working for me last night.

Also, when I get far enough, I will be attempting to join the GRC (xbone) as 'WinnebagoWarrio'. I dunno if its invite only though, so if it is, invite me please!

It's open to my friends so I'll friend you and then you can join. And this goes for any other goons that want to join. My gamertag is GutBomb303 so add me as a friend if we aren't friends already. I'll stay on top of the friend requests.

Maneki Neko posted:

Invite to GRC plz, my gamer tag is: Vedic

I attempted to invite you this morning but the club system was experiencing problems, but I've added you as a friend so try to join again and it should just let you in.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I ended up going out last night but woke up early and played a bit this morning. Seems like a really fun game. Hopefully the cars handle better when they're tuned. I was driving the stock Z4 for the first two locations (didn't do any upgrades/tuning yet) and it kinda handled like a couch. I'll be on this evening and hopefully some of yall will be as well, maybe get into some multiplayer or something.

• Locked thread