Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Dolemite posted:

Fast travel anywhere as a perk?! I want that perk sooo badly. I hope it's not expensive in terms of skill points to unlock that. The bucket list challenges have not been fun so far, so I want to do them later. But I don't want to have to drive from town to town.
Yeah basically anywhere you can put your reticule on the map screen you can then fast travel to for a cost. Of course that cost goes down as you find more fast travel discount billboards so in the end it's really fuckin useful. Now every time I have something I haven't done that I want to instead of say a race, I just fast travel there.

Dolemite posted:

Got some more playing time in last night in Nice and one of the things I was directed to do was go to a car meet. So, um, can anyone tell me the point of these things? I couldn't do anything with my car, couldn't move around to explore. All I could do is sit there, next to other racers. I assume they're other online players that I can talk to? I wasn't in a social mood (LOL Goons), so I just left the car meet not long after I got there to satisfy that annoying British dude that tells me the obvious before every race.
They seem to be a way to find other people's awesome cars and you can do a couple things, buy the car, buy the livery and also buy their tune (if they have one). I believe you can also challenge other people to a race since there's an achievement for doing all of the above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Lyer posted:

Are the 360 players pretty happy with the game? I've only read good things about the xbone version.

It's got some rough edges, but the actual game is a lot of fun. It feels more like FH 1.5 with a new map than a true sequel. Heads up - Dev feedback has been MUTE about any support or answers to questions on the official forums. The basic game and map are included, but some fun quality of life stuff is definitely missing. It even looks like the Forza Rewards system is basically going to ignore this version. Which is, frankly, a load of bullshit if it isn't just an issue caused by launch bugs etc.

If I'm honest ... I'd only recommend it if you have no intention of getting an Xbox One in the next few months. I've done nothing but look for good deals on Xbone's this week so I can go play the 'real' game as it really looks to be one of the most next gen-like of next gen experiences released so far (to me).

Also, Zero goons have signed up for the 360 version of the GRC club since I posted it a few pages back so it seems empty :( I had so much goddamn fun with goons doing silly co-op poo poo when the last game launched.

pvax fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 2, 2014

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Dr. Faustus posted:

On top of that, many server-side things are being toggled to troubleshoot launch stuff. E.G. I have my VIP installed, but I'm not showing up as VIP.
At least I got my GRC tag a little while ago.

Me and Liquid Stuart's drivatar driving up the coast:

And I'm in back? I'm firing my drivatar

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

pvax posted:

It even looks like the Forza Rewards system is basically going to ignore this version. Which is, frankly, a load of bullshit if it isn't just an issue caused by launch bugs etc.
yeah, I'm a little disappointed that I haven't gotten my 600k or whatever yet. Hopefully my impulsivity will pay off ...

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Seeking some clarification please :) I'm just asking about the main career stuff. I'm not counting Barn Finds, Bucket List, and Showcase events here.

Pvax's 360 version Career stats screen posted:

480 races to complete.

Looks like: 6 locations on map. 12 total Championships (with 4 event races in each). You can then complete each of the 12 championships in 10 different classes leading to a Stats Screen total of 480 races.

Basically a 48 Race Campaign that is repeatable 10 times to 100% the game.

Now ... Xbone

(Xbone True Achievements guide to career) posted:

There are six locations, each with 28 different championships each. Each championship has 4 races in it (except a single championship which has 3), meaning you need to do 672 races to finish this achievement. On top of this, you'll need to do the roadtrips still, which is another 20-30 minutes per 4 championships you complete.

Is the Xbone info accurate??? Are all of these 672 race events completely unique!?!?? Or do you see a lot of repeat events popping up? Even if they aren't .. that's a crazy difference and an awesome amount of stuff.

Is there a Rivals mode in the Bone version that lists all the events??

pvax fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 3, 2014

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Hmm well poo poo. Now I have some thinking to do. Thanks for the heads up.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

pvax posted:

Seeking some clarification please :) I'm just asking about the main career stuff. I'm not counting Barn Finds, Bucket List, and Showcase events here.

Now ... Xbone

Is the Xbone info accurate??? Are all of these 672 race events completely unique!?!?? Or do you see a lot of repeat events popping up? Even if they aren't .. that's a crazy difference
I don't know the numbers off the top of my head but I remember reading somewhere that they said FH2 on the One has over 100 hours of gameplay.

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

pvax posted:

Now ... Xbone

Is the Xbone info accurate??? Are all of these 672 race events completely unique!?!?? Or do you see a lot of repeat events popping up? Even if they aren't .. that's a crazy difference

Holy crap! Well as long as the game play stays fun, bring it on! I am really not looking forward to a future auto show with "you must have dlc x to get this car" though.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I put the GRC wordmark and logos up in the storefront. search vinyls for "grc" if you want them.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

I put the GRC wordmark and logos up in the storefront. search vinyls for "grc" if you want them.
Awesome, thanks GB.

pvax posted:

Is the Xbone info accurate??? Are all of these 672 race events completely unique!?!??
My understanding is that the events are not all unique. Many of the courses are reused many times if you decide to go for 100% completion.

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

And I'm in back? I'm firing my drivatar
No need to fire anyone! He was just sight-seeing on the sea-side pass. No racing was involved. Really, he gestured for a race and I told him, "No thanks, bro! I got places to be! Maybe later!" He flipped me off but I'm sure I caught a trace of sardonic smirk as he did so. I'm sure he was just thinking, "Next time, Howdy. Next time, you arrogant Ferrari-driving pooftah."

When I get one more skill perk I'm getting the Lottery perk. I think it's going to be a good skill investment.

Also, last time I checked I was due $1.5M FH2 bux but I still haven't gotten them. That said, I have a nice starter garage and some truly beastly cars like the Ferrari 330 P4, and I have about $1.2M in the bank. I wonder if there's anything else I'm owed that I'm missing?

This is another goon behind me but I already forgot who it is (also not racing):

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 3, 2014

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

pvax posted:

Now ... Xbone

Is the Xbone info accurate??? Are all of these 672 race events completely unique!?!?? Or do you see a lot of repeat events popping up? Even if they aren't .. that's a crazy difference and an awesome amount of stuff.

They aren't unique. Each location seems to have its own set of routes/tracks for offroad/rally vehicles, and a different set of tracks for road cars. Within those two categories, the tracks do repeat themselves, so (for example) you'll end up running the same cross-country event in Nice in both the Offroad and Sport Utility Heroes categories.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Yeah .. looking at the Rivals tab on the spreadsheet at this site http://www.manteomax.com/, it looks like 80 or so unique events (so just shy of double the 360 version). That's still a lot more, but not as crazy as I thought.

X1 FH2 does look to have a little more variety to the actual championships and mixes things up a bit. 360 has the same 4 courses per championship regardless of class choice. It does look like the Rivals Leader-boards are tracked per class rather than just one overall per course like in some games, so that's pretty cool.

pvax fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Oct 3, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Morning Moon. Check out full resolution.

Peace and Love, man. Peace and love.
I'm warning you with Peace and Love! peace-and-love-peace-and-love

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 3, 2014

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Did a bit of racing with some other GRC members, and confirmed that pubbies are still morons. One guy had music (or a Mexican game show) playing over his headset, and the other one was racing the Lamborghini Urus by using it as a battering ram to just drive into everyone else.

The Local Legend
Jun 5, 2013

I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.
I would like an invite too please. My gamertag is: NightTXLegend

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

The Local Legend posted:

I would like an invite too please. My gamertag is: NightTXLegend
Add GutBomb303 as a friend, and join the club.

P.S. - Please note our friend AZ Flyboy is (last time I checked) just running away with the GRC ladder rank. He's setting the bar pretty high.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 3, 2014

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

P.S. - Please note our friend AZ Flyboy is (last time I checked) just running away with the GRC ladder rank. He's setting the bar pretty high.

That's just because the game happened to come out at the start of five days off for me, and I don't have a heck of a lot else to do right now.

I spend most of the last half of October on the road (I think I have a total of six days off between the 11th and the 30th), so I'm sure someone will pass me pretty easily.

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

I sent a friend request; my gamertag is 'incandenza137'. Thanks!

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'm trying to catch hiim! I was close for a little while but he's pulling away again.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I was trying to beat some guy to getting the 'discovered all roads' achievement, but the power kept going out on me :mad:

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Only I seem to be able to gently caress up the physics of these Forza games:

http://1drv.ms/1rIhSNp

Luckily it was a road trip event and I just unlocked the Hospital Records radio station :swoon:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Just got this game. If you guys don't mind someone who spins out on almost every turn, I'd like to play with GRC :ohdear:

Edit: Welp it'll be awhile before I can join, I think? The club option is still greyed out. I guess I need to finish 3 championships, etc.? Or can I be invited to one without unlocking it?

Chasiubao fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 3, 2014

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Chasiubao posted:

Just got this game. If you guys don't mind someone who spins out on almost every turn, I'd like to play with GRC :ohdear:

Edit: Welp it'll be awhile before I can join, I think? The club option is still greyed out. I guess I need to finish 3 championships, etc.? Or can I be invited to one without unlocking it?

It unlocks after you beat the train, which might be after that third championship.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Faustus posted:

You don't have to just be friends with me anymore either. you can also friend whatcubed3 or captain howdy 0

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GutBomb posted:

You don't have to just be friends with me anymore either. you can also friend whatcubed3 or captain howdy 0

Ahem.

You can friend "MacClay" also.

Atmus fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 3, 2014

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
Never mind. I'm stupid. Just joined the club.

Four Banger fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 3, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I have gotten stuck on world geometry once. I mean, as in actually stuck to the point I couldn't move away.
I paid 7,800 credits to fast travel to a hub and I had plenty of money so it wasn't a big deal, but it definitely happens.

BTW, whatever you do, DO NOT upgrade a VW Beetle to S1 900. Trust me, it's horrible and awful and undriveable and totally not worth it! Even if you do, DO NOT swap drivetrain to AWD! You have been warned! Trust me, you'll hate it.

GutBomb posted:

Atmus posted:

Ahem.

You can friend "MacClay" also.
Priceless.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 3, 2014

UnionCarbide
Apr 17, 2005

D:
Seems legit.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

UnionCarbide posted:

Seems legit.

Totally, but be advised I think you can be reported for TOS violation with your pedo-van, it might get you banned or at least have that van disallowed. I seem to remember other people running into this very problem before. They can tell you about it. Or google it.

Fair warning.

VVV Not a pedo-van example, but first-hand example nonetheless. VVV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 3, 2014

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I painted a van in Forza 4 to look like the TV licensing enforcement vans that drive around the UK and because I included the publically available phone number of the TV licensing department just like the vans do, it was removed from the storefront.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Out of the blue the game gifted me seven cars and all my money. I was not paying attention and I think I actually hit X and DELETED at least one, if not two, of my free cars.
If they're for sale (I think it was the BMW M1) I can afford to buy one.

Be careful when mashing buttons, people!

I'm Captain Howdy 0 and I approve this message. This message was paid for by the Impeach Obama and kill all Ebola Muslims PAC

Has anyone else noticed that tuned AWD cars are pretty much invincible in single-player?

Holy poo poo I have $3M... what to buy?

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 3, 2014

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

Totally, but be advised I think you can be reported for TOS violation with your pedo-van, it might get you banned or at least have that van disallowed. I seem to remember other people running into this very problem before. They can tell you about it. Or google it.

Fair warning.

VVV Not a pedo-van example, but first-hand example nonetheless. VVV

Ha, In FM5, I bought a GMC Vandura and give it a free candy paint job. I raced online in several with the matches with the van. I hope MS doesn't come down on me for that. :ohdear:

I love my van!

e:

Dr. Faustus posted:

Has anyone else noticed that tuned AWD cars are pretty much invincible in single-player?

Holy poo poo I have $3M... what to buy?

Totally agreed with the AWD cars. It was the AWD cars in the demo that killed my enthusiasm for the game; since their handling abilities were so high that you couldn't even spin out in the rain. I'm glad I bought the game anyways. The RWD cars can be a handful sometimes. A definite improvement over the AWD cars. Although if the AWD cars are still insanely overpowered, I should probably tune up the free Evo I won during my level up Wheelspin.

With $3M, there is only one answer: Buy the Ford Sport Van, throw every mod at it, then beat up on pubbies. Then, kick back and enjoy the 13-year olds' cursing and the "RACING GAMES R SERIOUS BIDNESSS!!!!11" rage quitting.

Dolemite fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 3, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dolemite posted:

then beat up on pubbies. Then, kick back and enjoy the 13-year olds' cursing and the "RACING GAMES R SERIOUS BIDNESSS!!!!11" rage quitting.
dolemite, I'm just not a griefer. Yes, I know many pubbies deserve it. That's why I race with friends and not with pubbies. That's what GTCC and GRC were all about for me... not having to deal with griefers.

Bring a huge Transit or a Vandura to any pubbie race, it's cool with me. If I'm there I'll just find somewhere else to race.

On the other hand, bring a grief-mobile to one of my lobbies when it's not a specific huge box race; and we're going to butt heads.

I mean no offense, but you've been crowing about your van-griefing prowess for several days now and it's just not my thing.

That said, I still agree pubbies often deserve it. Sometimes, though, you find a good lobby and you should be a good guy to share the track, and win on skill. That's when you leave the huge fast vans at home.

I apologize for coming off all preachy, "it's just a game" and all of that. Please don't be offended. Like every other gamer, I have opinions.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Driving a van in a race isn't griefing. Ramming people with it is, but legit driving it? Perfectly acceptable.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Driving a van in a race isn't griefing. Ramming people with it is, but legit driving it? Perfectly acceptable.
:goonsay:

Says the guy who brings the Bigfoot Raptor to races where it's not appropriate, causing everyone else to bulk up!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 3, 2014

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

Says the guy who brings the Bigfoot Raptor to races where it's not appropriate, causing everyone else to bulk up, but still getting shoved around by Atmus's totally radical Turtle Van!

Fixed.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

crosscountryraces.jpg:

Seriously, gently caress these events. I always have to set the difficulty to average to stand any chance of winning, because the drivatars don't seem to care about minor issues like "I can't see poo poo oh hey I hit a tree again" and "oh god there is no grip" and just fly past me on higher difficulties. :saddowns: Another thing the drivatars seem to be confused about are the road trips, as they seem to think the idea is to re-enact Death Race 2000 with expensive supercars.

Terrible cross-country races and annoying drivatars aside, this game is pretty great and I'm having a blast.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Faustus posted:

Says the guy who brings the Bigfoot Raptor to races where it's not appropriate, causing everyone else to bulk up!

Well, if everyone else wants a bigger car because I pick Bigfoot, that's on them.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Internet racing in the casual internet racing game is not casual do not take it casually or you will hear from me, pasta_dad_12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

OH NO MAN posted:

crosscountryraces.jpg:

Seriously, gently caress these events. I always have to set the difficulty to average to stand any chance of winning, because the drivatars don't seem to care about minor issues like "I can't see poo poo oh hey I hit a tree again" and "oh god there is no grip" and just fly past me on higher difficulties. :saddowns: Another thing the drivatars seem to be confused about are the road trips, as they seem to think the idea is to re-enact Death Race 2000 with expensive supercars.

Terrible cross-country races and annoying drivatars aside, this game is pretty great and I'm having a blast.

Also, they don't have to bother with the waypoints.

• Locked thread