Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

akamai explodes when an ios gets released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

it already is Wednesday, op

fact check: 5/5 nixons

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
R the Reply that his life was in danger
iOS 8 is better than the alternative and comes free with the best smartphone camera. i lol when the forecast says the high will be --° though

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

nice

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

~Coxy posted:

IT SYSTEMS NOTIFICATION
Information
Apple devices connected to the network
Apple is releasing an IOS8 update later today for iPhones and iPads.

In order to minimise network disruption, Apple services (such as IOS updates, iMessage, iTunes and the Apple website) have been blocked on the network and these will not work.
All sites
If you need to access these services or update your IOS version, please disconnect your Apple device from the network and update using your mobile data or home internet connection.

This blocking will remain in place for one week, however even if your device hasn’t been updated by this time the update is still not to be done via the Corporate network

ahaha

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

~Coxy posted:

IT SYSTEMS NOTIFICATION
Information
Apple devices connected to the network
Apple is releasing an IOS8 update later today for iPhones and iPads.

In order to minimise network disruption, Apple services (such as IOS updates, iMessage, iTunes and the Apple website) have been blocked on the network and these will not work.
All sites
If you need to access these services or update your IOS version, please disconnect your Apple device from the network and update using your mobile data or home internet connection.

This blocking will remain in place for one week, however even if your device hasn’t been updated by this time the update is still not to be done via the Corporate network

Time to look for a new job

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

duTrieux. posted:

i'm just going to wait for apple to push it to my phone without my consent or knowledge as a free gift

they already do this with the Apple TV lmao

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Elder Postsman posted:

i have never had a case for any of my iphones and i look down on people who use them.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

they already do this with the Apple TV lmao

my apple tv doesn't auto update though?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i like how apple tv lets me at least hide things i won't use

does ios8 let me properly hide apps yet? or do i still have to stick them in a folder called "default poo poo" and stick it on the last page?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Cold on a Cob posted:

idk if you can turn it off but seriously you never just see new or temporary apps like the festival thing pop up and go away?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Sniep posted:

idk if you can turn it off but seriously you never just see new or temporary apps like the festival thing pop up and go away?

hm actually maybe? i dunno i don't scroll down as my apple tv is my netflix machine mostly

i'm in canada i don't get as many apps also

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

there are a tonne of apps on Apple TV in canada

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

it's 10am is it out yet

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'll probably put it on my work phone first so if it fucks everything up I can just deal with it there jnstead of on the phone I actually use

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

there are a tonne of apps on Apple TV in canada

is there a red/green app lol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

it's 7am PST so 3 more hours

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

the ps3 is pretty much the only set-top box i can use because i can have accounts from multiple countries and can actually have hulu, bbc iplayer etc. on it

every other device is like "welp you're in canada so have a netflix and a go gently caress yourself"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
finally, i can mute group texts. god bless

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

I'm not going to install it because Friday I will be picking up my fresh iPhone 6 and I am saving myself for then

I want my new phone experience to be as pure as possible

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
does ios 8 make photostream work again

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

PleasureKevin posted:

it's 7am PST so 3 more hours

pdt

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
i"ve already installed it, OP

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah i woke up one day and they remotely patched out the Plex app trick; no confirmation of me accepting an update or anything

they made it pretty difficult to put it back on after that patch too (had to so some fuckery with a microusb cable and itunes)

first it was that, now it's U2 albums

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
also can anyone tell me how wifi calling is on ios8 please

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

also can anyone tell me how wifi calling is on ios8 please

you can't use the cool stuff in yosemite if you turn it on (answering phone calls, etc.), so it's a piece of poo poo

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

yeah i woke up one day and they remotely patched out the Plex app trick; no confirmation of me accepting an update or anything

they made it pretty difficult to put it back on after that patch too (had to so some fuckery with a microusb cable and itunes)

first it was that, now it's U2 albums

if you're using plex why have an apple tv? i use apple poo poo because i'm lazy and complacent in my pretty walled garden

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

ice cream sandwich

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

if you're using plex why have an apple tv? i use apple poo poo because i'm lazy and complacent in my pretty walled garden

plex is on all my other ios devices so i dont get the question

i like to do stuff like beam my iphone to my tv

also i have a fire TV but the Hulu app on it constantly freezes the picture while the audio keeps playing

Endless Mike posted:

you can't use the cool stuff in yosemite if you turn it on (answering phone calls, etc.), so it's a piece of poo poo

i was only asking cause cell service sucks in our house and using wifi would be very nice. also since i am assuming it does not count against your voice usage.

would it suit my needs in those areas?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Necc0 posted:

where is it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

http://www.appletimer.com/ios/
:f5:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i like to do stuff like beam my iphone to my tv

also i have a fire TV but the Hulu app on it constantly freezes the picture while the audio keeps playing

i was only asking cause cell service sucks in our house and using wifi would be very nice. also since i am assuming it does not count against your voice usage.

would it suit my needs in those areas?

it would suit your needs in getting better service, but not in counting against voice usage. t-mo (the only us carrier with wifi calling) still counts it against your minutes lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

you're using apple tv in an unsupported manner and i thought if plex was your main thing then you'd want to use something else i guess instead of worrying about apple taking it away

i convert everything to apple friendly formats instead

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

#wow #whoa

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah, lastpass updated with touchid support which is v nice. it's also supposed to add an extention to safari but i can't figure out how to do it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

it would suit your needs in getting better service, but not in counting against voice usage. t-mo (the only us carrier with wifi calling) still counts it against your minutes lol

lmao so i get to use my home internet bandwidth and voice data bandwidth at the same time?! :thumbsup:

how do they justify this poo poo if i am literally not utilizing their towers in any manner

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
do u have to configure smth for the amazon app to use touchid? its not doing anything different for me afaik

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

lmao so i get to use my home internet bandwidth and voice data bandwidth at the same time?! :thumbsup:

how do they justify this poo poo if i am literally not utilizing their towers in any manner

ur still using their network, just not the towers

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

how do you think the call gets from wifi to a regular phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
what if i am calling someone else who is also using wifi

internet all the way!!

• Locked thread