Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
so i just got an email from sony saying i did something to be able to sign up for the bloodblorne alpha. only trouble is i dont have a ps4. i dont really know what it is other than a sequel to demons souls or something which is kind of fun

is someone willing to lend me a PS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

its basically the next souls game in all but name

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

insert souls series shittalking just to be edgy here

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think it should be called Mentally Challenged Jap Colon Borne.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Why are they changing the name of the series?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Machai posted:

Why are they changing the name of the series?

miyazaki wanted to use guns and felt it was out of place in a traditional souls setting iirc

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Imp Zone has one PS4 that we send around on a rota

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

is the final game supposed to be PS4 exclusive or will there be a PC version as well? because lol if they think I am going to buy a console

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Widestancer posted:

Imp Zone has one PS4 that we send around on a rota

i shotgun for next time no way im buying one before i get a wiiu

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Machai posted:

is the final game supposed to be PS4 exclusive or will there be a PC version as well? because lol if they think I am going to buy a console

Pc version is pretty unlikely because Sony is the publisher, much like how the Demons Souls deal went down. This game is the only reason to own a ps4 as far as I care. drat you Sony

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

01011001 posted:

its basically the next souls game in all but name

no shields and parrying costs ammo so I think it's gonna be pretty different

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Much like DOTA and LOL are different games. Or Diablo vs Torchlight. E.G. pretty much identical unless you're knee deep in the poo poo.

And this is coming from a guy who played the Souls games to death. We'll appreciate the differences but it might be pretty easy to confuse them.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 16, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Gimbal lock posted:

Much like DOTA and LOL are different games. Or Diablo vs Torchlight. E.G. pretty much identical unless you're knee deep in the poo poo.

And this is coming from a guy who played the Souls games to death

dota and lol are only "pretty much identical" if you've literally never played the games, they're superficially similar but play very differently, so that was a pretty lovely comparison to get your point across but good for mine I guess.

Removing shields and making parries require a resource are huge changes from a gameplay standpoint.

Dec 26, 2012

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

no shields and parrying costs ammo so I think it's gonna be pretty different

didnt know either of those, cool

its gonna be the next souls game in all but name for me because shields are for scrubs

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

01011001 posted:

didnt know either of those, cool

its gonna be the next souls game in all but name for me because shields are for scrubs

:qq: I'm a giant baby and roll around on the floor instead of manning up and face tanking and sometimes blocking then countering

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
E: Nevermind, unnecessary roughness.

If you consider crowd and resource management making the game completely different, you're sitting too close to the subject and might be having tunnel vision. There's some amount of perspective needed here. Basically I'll Consider it "like come on obviously completely different guys" when it starts playing like Puzzle Fighter or something.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 16, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Gimbal lock posted:

If you consider crowd and resource management making the game completely different, you're sitting too close to the subject and are having tunnel vision. I'll Consider it completely different when it starts playing like Puzzle Fighter or something.

Two games can have mechanics that are similar or similar playstyles while still being distinct and feeling different.

It will be in the same vein as the souls games, but I think it will feel quite a bit different on the combat side of things. Exploration and such may be identical, but I see combat as being the meat of the game.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I also said "pretty different" not completely different

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Well I guess it's a matter of opinion about words at that point. I wouldn't consider Mario 1 and Mario 3 to be super different for example, but I guess some people would.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Are we seriously defending the honour of MOBAS, a poo poo genre that even the communities that play them admit the games are poo poo?

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

parrying costs ammo
what

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Machai posted:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Are we seriously defending the honour of MOBAS, a poo poo genre that even the communities that play them admit the games are poo poo?

No?

Do you just read the word "dota" and start frothing at the mouth and feel the need to post your stupid poo poo without looking at context or, indeed, other words that were said?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

It's not a parry, per se. You shoot the thing with your gun when it's about to hit you. It's just functionally similar to parries in souls.

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

o ok

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

dota and lol are only "pretty much identical" if you've literally never played the games, they're superficially similar but play very differently, so that was a pretty lovely comparison to get your point across but good for mine I guess.

Removing shields and making parries require a resource are huge changes from a gameplay standpoint.

Lol at you knowing enough about DOTA AND LoL to be able to smack a person down for drawing a shallow equivalence between them. Kill yourself, queermo.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

conceitedguy posted:

Lol at you knowing enough about DOTA AND LoL to be able to smack a person down for drawing a shallow equivalence between them. Kill yourself, queermo.

Way to be proud of knowing nothing about something you hate for no reason, bigot.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Moba players are the true oppressed minority of our age

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Unless Sony can put out 5 more good games exclusive to PS4 before I can get a console for like $50 or just emulate that sucker, I won't bother to buy a PS4 for this game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
please gentlefolks, this was a light hearted thread created about attempting to find a ps4 to borrow to play an alpha of a game i am not really bothered about. lets not drag it down with moba chat

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Not surprising that a thread about this overrated diarrhea series would change into a discussion about something entirely different and almost as gay. lfmao

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
u'd have to have a "bloodborne" disease to play this game

i.e. aids

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

VideoGames posted:

please gentlefolks, this was a light hearted thread created about attempting to find a ps4 to borrow to play an alpha of a game i am not really bothered about. lets not drag it down with moba chat

Sorry, I will drop it and speak no more of mobas in your thread.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Mung Dynasty posted:

u'd have to have a "bloodborne" disease to play this game

i.e. aids

what about Ebola?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
kinda makes me think Sony should do a basic "does this person have a PS4" check before inviting them to the alpha

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Wormskull posted:

Not surprising that a thread about this overrated diarrhea series would change into a discussion about something entirely different and almost as gay. lfmao

Souls series might be gay but nothing is gayer than mobas. Let's be reasonable here

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

Wormskull posted:

Yeah, it's about you now. ;)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

kinda makes me think Sony should do a basic "does this person have a PS4" check before inviting them to the alpha

this is a clever thing. i can understand their thinking. i own a ps3 and a vita, they probably think i'd buy everything they shovel out

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

VideoGames posted:

this is a clever thing. i can understand their thinking. i own a ps3 and a vita, they probably think i'd buy everything they shovel out

Did you play ds 1 and 2 on ps3? That could be what it was based on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Did you play ds 1 and 2 on ps3? That could be what it was based on.

only demons souls and only because it was a ps+ game. it is so balls to the floor tough though. i think ive died about eighty times and i still havent really done much other than expire

• Locked thread