Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Discuss how the Bills will go undefeated to the Super Bowl here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans are road favorites at the Giants, this is not how I envisioned the season at this point

I think the Giants at 0-2 will feel like they're playing for their season and pull out the win

Giants fans, how is their interior offensive line? Is JJ going to just eat up Eli all day?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders @ Patriots.

Imagine a world class athlete hitting a small child over and over

Edit. I can count the number of Raiders East coast 1pm EST road wins from the last decade on one hand. This won't add to that number. The Raiders lose this game literally (in the literal sense of the word) 100 out of 100 times.

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 16, 2014

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
But is said athlete doing so for needed memories? This is important.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

Raiders @ Patriots.

Imagine a world class athlete hitting a small child over and over

The Patriots grew up being whooped so they don't know any better now *runs up the score*

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Bills win 23-21.

Defense holds down the fort well enough and even manages to cause Rivers to screw up for a fumble or int once or twice.

Manuel continues to not throw the game away, though I imagine one int is most likely considering how well the last two games went. CJ and Fredex are the carriers of the team as usual.

I BILLieve!

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I want to believe the Vikes will win but in typical Minnesota fashion I also believe they'll be the team to give the Saints their first win.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I don't want to be a dick, but there is a hell of a lot of factors against the Raiders in that game.

That said, the Raiders' best course of action are probably running at the right side of the line, and misdirection plays like jet sweeps.

Offensively, I expect the Patriots will be content to just run at the Raiders a lot like they did against the Vikings, so expect lots of six linemen sets.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I don't want to be a dick, but there is a hell of a lot of factors against the Raiders in that game.

That said, the Raiders' best course of action are probably running at the right side of the line, and misdirection plays like jet sweeps.

Offensively, I expect the Patriots will be content to just run at the Raiders a lot like they did against the Vikings, so expect lots of six linemen sets.

The Raiders are unable to stop the run, also the pass (especially with Brady at the helm). I'm thinking like 48-17 Patriots. At least one Patriots Rusher will have a career day. Brady probably completes 90% of his passes

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I'm curious if Chandler Jones will play more 3-4 OLB again after his monster game on Sunday. Dude was just everywhere.

Lblitzer posted:

I want to believe the Vikes will win but in typical Minnesota fashion I also believe they'll be the team to give the Saints their first win.

Honestly, I hope they lose if only to not reward reactivating AP.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Intruder posted:

The Texans are road favorites at the Giants, this is not how I envisioned the season at this point

I think the Giants at 0-2 will feel like they're playing for their season and pull out the win

Giants fans, how is their interior offensive line? Is JJ going to just eat up Eli all day?

The Giants O Line is awful in every respect. Pugh has potential but he's very young.

JJ Watt is going to... I don't know. I'm having trouble coming up with a metaphor extreme enough for what he's going to do.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
After seeing the 49ers horrible performance against the Bears, I think they're going to be underdogs going into AZ. Even without Carson Palmer, AZ's defense is stout enough to keep the game close and Kap has not inspired much confidence this year. It's the exact same issues in the redzone again as laste year; with the addition of a negative turnover ratio.

The 49ers defense is too injured/replacement level and close games are always 50/50 with the advantage going to the home team. I think this is going to be the first year Harbaugh wins under 10 games.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Buffalo's secondary is not Seattle's secondary.

EJ Manuel, Sammy Watkins, and Fred Jackson are not Russell Wilson, Percy Harvin, and Marshawn Lynch.

San Diego is going to hold the ball for 40 minutes and cruise in this game. 31-10.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Intruder posted:

Our offensive line is poop all around, but they played competently against the Cardinals D, so I really don't know what to think. Eli had time to throw and generally looked way better than at Detroit. I'd assume JJ is going to at least cause major problems a few times and I'd be shocked if he doesn't sack Eli at least once.

If the Giants play like they did against Arizona we have a chance. It's weird, both teams played very differently in their first two games that this feels really hard to predict, but I came away feeling better about the Giants loss to Arizona than most. If Cruz catches a couple balls we might win. If our special teams don't gently caress up twice in a row we might win, and if Jennings doesn't juke himself out of the ball we might win. We moved the ball fairly effectively, we held Stanton to nothing special after the first drive.

Questions for texans fans:

How good does Foster and your run game look? We've looked awful on Run D twice now. Ellington ate us up to the right side over and over again.
How's your secondary and ability to cover TEs? Larry Donnell was a savior for us on Sunday.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

EJ Manuel, Sammy Watkins, and Fred Jackson are not Russell Wilson, Percy Harvin, and Marshawn Lynch.

San Diego is going to hold the ball for 40 minutes and cruise in this game. 31-10.

Oh poo poo he's getting cocky, everyone take Buffalo

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

West teams going all the way to the east coast for the morning game never works out though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

thompson posted:

West teams going all the way to the east coast for the morning game never works out though.

The chargers were 2-2 last year in 10am PST games with wins over two playoff teams

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

The Chargers like to play up/down to their opponent for whatever reason

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Well, as long as the first snap isn't fumbled I'll call Sunday a success

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm in need of a Titan fan but based on The Draw Play the don't exist...

Bengals should win. They're now 10 straight wins at home against a Titans team that lost to the Cowboys.

That loss surprised me. Don't the Titans have a decent+ defense? Their offense doesn't have a good QB or a run game, but their Oline is supposed to be good so this will be a good test for the Bengals Dline and the various blitz plays the Bengals call.

Pauly G. is going nuts with blitzes and they seem to be working quite well. Training camp reports have been all about the new O and mum on the new D, but this new D is crazy fast and full of blitzes.

A.J. Green and Vontaze Burfict will likely be out for this game. For the offense, it will be interesting. They still have pass catchers in Sanu, Gresham, Gio, and Hill but the last 2 are running backs and they will be leaned against heavily in this game because everyone below Sanu/Gresham is questionable. Brandon Tate and Dane Sanzenbacher aren't what you want to rely on, and James Wright is a rookie coming off of a concussion who was drafted mostly for his special teams ability. He's quick and a good receiver, but largely unproven.

The D will be OK without Burfict. The Dline/Secondary will survive, but the LBs are a question mark. Maualuga hasn't done much of anything so it kind of seems like Zimmer liked him but Pauly G. doesn't. A strange quality to have in your starting middle linebacker... anyway, the starters will be Lamur/Maualuga/Rey. If anything happens to them, who knows. The backups are backups for a reason.

Mike Nugent missed a bunch of field goals last game. Bengals are hoping that's an aberration.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

jesus gently caress, sorry for being optimistic for once.

chargers lose 44-3

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maualuga is a starter in name only, the team plays primarily in the nickel and he is only in when the offense is in an obvious run package. I think he only played a dozen or so snaps last week, he seemed fine from what I saw of him.

Bengals v Titans seems like a strength v. strength matchup, where both teams rely heavily on their lines. I read somewhere that the book on the Titans was to go after their secondary downfield so the loss of AJ might be a big deal. I feel like it will be a much closer game than the first two.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Can Foles hit a WR Bubble Screen? Can Washington stop the Darren Sproles Experience? Can the Eagles O-Line run block?

:iiam:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I know very little about the Phins, so it's hard to say how this game will go. If Charles and Berry sit out, then we lose without a doubt, but if they're in, we might have a chance?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Blitz7x posted:

The Chargers like to play up/down to their opponent for whatever reason

Chargers will curbstomp the Bills but lose a game to the Raiders this year.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

chargers lose 44-3

Nah, I think SD has a good chance of grabbing a win here

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
phillip rivers better enjoy playing with his kids before the game, because on suNDAY, HE'S GONNA GET BURIED UPSIDE-DOWN IN THE TURF AT ONE BILLS DRIVE RIGHT NEXT TO RALPH WILSON'S CREEPY OLD MAN SKELETON

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
Oh boy Thursday night is either going to be insanely one-sided (in favor of either team) and/or insanely boring.

I mean really the only outcomes I can see are either Tampa Bay or Atlanta decides "let's score ten million points" and waltzes all over the other team, or we set a new NFL record for punts in a single game.

sword_man.gif fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 16, 2014

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Goetta posted:

Maualuga is a starter in name only, the team plays primarily in the nickel and he is only in when the offense is in an obvious run package. I think he only played a dozen or so snaps last week, he seemed fine from what I saw of him.
Maualuga wasn't a starter in name only with Zim, though. He was a starter that occasionally played passing downs. I think he's been fine, too, but he doesn't seem to fit in well with what Guenther wants to do.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

I know very little about the Phins, so it's hard to say how this game will go. If Charles and Berry sit out, then we lose without a doubt, but if they're in, we might have a chance?

If Berry sits out, if Charles sits out, we have an 80% Charles in waiting.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Parmesan Basil posted:

The Dolphins are bi-polar as gently caress so after getting run all over by the Bills they may bounce back. On the other hand there are local media reports that Philbin was overruling or just straight up took over the play calling from Lazor for game two so who knows. They certainly played like last years offense against the Bills.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

chargers lose 44-3

They very well may win that game, i'm just trying to be real with you as a neutral.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Questions for texans fans:

How good does Foster and your run game look? We've looked awful on Run D twice now. Ellington ate us up to the right side over and over again.
How's your secondary and ability to cover TEs? Larry Donnell was a savior for us on Sunday.

Foster has looked really good so far this season. He's running like he used to, finding holes quickly and moving up the field with a lot of burst. That said, he's been severely overused so far (why keep pounding the rock with him when you're up by 3 scores when you have two backup RBs who haven't gotten enough reps?) and hasn't been used much in the passing game, something he excels at. The blocking so far has been excellent as well, the Texans had PFF's top grade for offensive line this past week. Granted, they were playing the Raiders. Fitzpatrick hasn't been sacked once this season, but they've played from ahead most of the time so it's a lot of running and he hasn't had a lot of plays where he has to move around in the pocket and buy time

The secondary is a huge question mark. We're average to above average with our starting corners and safeties, but extremely thin at both. Cushing has been pretty good in the past as a coverage linebacker but this year has been out of the game when the defense is in nickel coverage, so there may not be a lot of faith in his knee just yet. Tight ends are potentially a huge blind spot in the Texans D at the moment

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami is missing their two best running backs and their starting mlb, their all pro center as well as their third overall pick last year dion Jordan

Yeah they're gonna lose. I mean if Charles and berry are out then they win but otherwise come on

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

DOOP posted:

Can Foles hit a WR Bubble Screen?

This is so baffling. He's rushing his throws on these screens so badly. I don't know if it's a lack of confidence in the O Line (sensing pressure from the RT side) or whether he's just way to hopped up on the CHIP KELLY EXPERIENCE(tm) but if he would set and throw these correctly this offense would be on a completely different level.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Bucs and Giants suck and lose

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Miami is missing their two best running backs and their starting mlb, their all pro center as well as their third overall pick last year dion Jordan

Yeah they're gonna lose. I mean if Charles and berry are out then they win but otherwise come on

Charles is 100% out

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Probably for a few weeks at least. Why rush him back when we have Davis.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The only prediction I am prepared to make at this time is that DJax will most definitely play.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

WAS @ PHI

For the Eagles offense, you can expect to see receivers actually catching the ball. After the showing in Indy it's going to be stressed a lot. Deangelo Hall is likely to be picked on in this bout as it seems he may have lost what little step he had left. It's going to be less about passing than it is going to be about the run game against the porous Redskins run defense, though. Going wherever Orakpo isn't will probably yield a lot of yards and quickly. Unfortunately for the Eagles, however, the Redskins have an actual pass rush. Gardner and Kelly are crap and Herremans has not had a good start to the season, so Foles is going to have troubles in that regard, again requiring a strong run game to bail him out. IF the receivers really do catch the ball this week, the Eagles will probably score on every drive, though.

As for the Redskins offense, Kirk Cousins can look forward to a surprisingly challenging matchup. The Eagles secondary has not been as awful as advertised, specifically shown when Malcolm Jenkins owned the poo poo out of Andrew Luck. The crazier part still is Cousins will have to put the team on his back against a surprisingly talented run defense. Oh, and Kendricks will be playing, so no hope there, Skins fans. Morris is a good enough back to make plenty of yards (as the Richardson/Bradshaw duo accomplished just last night) but eventually the Defense will key in on him and force Cousins to throw. With DJax out (to my overwhelming disappointment), Garcon, Paul and maybe Reed will be his only targets. Garcon will have a good day assuming he's matched up against Cary Williams. I am really hoping Connor Barwin picks up his game when not blindly charging the opposing QB, too, because he's another hole for Cousins to exploit right now.

I expect this game to be a lot closer than it would have been when RG3 was in there, but I still give the edge to the Eagles. 28-24 Eagles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Pron on VHS posted:

Charles is 100% out

I still don't see how Miami moves the ball. I just saw we lost our starting lg smith as well.

Jesus this team fell to pieces after week 1.

You know who to bring in joe. He will lock up the lg spot as well as belittle the opposing defense...

How good is Charles' backup?

• Locked thread