Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

AAA DOLFAN posted:

How good is Charles' backup?

Very.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Talented as hell, had terrible fumbleitis in college. He's pretty good for a backup in my opinion, not Charles by any means but he can break a tackle here and there and run away from most people if he gets in space.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I still don't see how Miami moves the ball. I just saw we lost our starting lg smith as well.

Jesus this team fell to pieces after week 1.

You know who to bring in joe. He will lock up the lg spot as well as belittle the opposing defense...

Knile Davis is a really exciting runner and is a good sub for Charles. You will move the ball through the air and ground as KC's D is badly injured and already prone to giving up big pass plays. The only strength of KC' D right now is its pass rush and Tannehill seems pretty good under pressure. Excited to see Branden Albert on Tamba Hali.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

anime gently caress pillow posted:

WAS @ PHI

For the Eagles offense, you can expect to see receivers actually catching the ball. After the showing in Indy it's going to be stressed a lot. Deangelo Hall is likely to be picked on in this bout as it seems he may have lost what little step he had left. It's going to be less about passing than it is going to be about the run game against the porous Redskins run defense, though. Going wherever Orakpo isn't will probably yield a lot of yards and quickly. Unfortunately for the Eagles, however, the Redskins have an actual pass rush. Gardner and Kelly are crap and Herremans has not had a good start to the season, so Foles is going to have troubles in that regard, again requiring a strong run game to bail him out. IF the receivers really do catch the ball this week, the Eagles will probably score on every drive, though.

As for the Redskins offense, Kirk Cousins can look forward to a surprisingly challenging matchup. The Eagles secondary has not been as awful as advertised, specifically shown when Malcolm Jenkins owned the poo poo out of Andrew Luck. The crazier part still is Cousins will have to put the team on his back against a surprisingly talented run defense. Oh, and Kendricks will be playing, so no hope there, Skins fans. Morris is a good enough back to make plenty of yards (as the Richardson/Bradshaw duo accomplished just last night) but eventually the Defense will key in on him and force Cousins to throw. With DJax out (to my overwhelming disappointment), Garcon, Paul and maybe Reed will be his only targets. Garcon will have a good day assuming he's matched up against Cary Williams. I am really hoping Connor Barwin picks up his game when not blindly charging the opposing QB, too, because he's another hole for Cousins to exploit right now.

I expect this game to be a lot closer than it would have been when RG3 was in there, but I still give the edge to the Eagles. 28-24 Eagles.

I don't think Jackson isn't definitely ruled out yet. Reed is more likely to be out

Cousins still has Garcon, Paul, and Roberts as pretty good targets and Grant has shown he's a great route runner with sure hands, I could see him being a major target for Cousins.

Expect Meriweather to concuss himself and someone else on the Eagles

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Alf is gonna son some dudes, Skins gonna give up big plays.

Yawn.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ravens are in a must-win situation this week. You might think that's dumb but this team can't afford to go down 1-2 in the division with road games at Cincy and Pittsburgh remaining. If we drop this one you can count us out of the AFC North, not that the Bengals aren't pretty much a lock to win it anyway. But you never know with injury luck.

This is the week you'll see if the Ravens offense has really improved or if they're just the same old Ravens inconsistent sputtering offense. We haven't looked half bad with that since the abysmal first half in the first game. So come on Smiths and Flacco, let's see what you are made of.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Carolina is probably going to destroy the Steelers as the Steelers continue to forget how to tackle, how to protect a QB, how to hold a lead (which they won't get), and how to not take dumb loving penalties

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens are in a must-win situation this week. You might think that's dumb but this team can't afford to go down 1-2 in the division with road games at Cincy and Pittsburgh remaining. If we drop this one you can count us out of the AFC North, not that the Bengals aren't pretty much a lock to win it anyway. But you never know with injury luck.

This is the week you'll see if the Ravens offense has really improved or if they're just the same old Ravens inconsistent sputtering offense. We haven't looked half bad with that since the abysmal first half in the first game. So come on Smiths and Flacco, let's see what you are made of.

Yea Cleveland actually has the D that can put a dent in Baltimore. Hopefully Zuttah and KO continue to own

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Dallas Cowboys vs St. Louis Rams

St. Louis Rams are giving up 171 ypg on the ground and allowing 5.5 yards per attempt. Watch as Dallas goes into full Air Raid Offense and forget that they can run the ball. Romo probably takes a beating this game as Doug Free will continue to struggle in Pass Protection. I have no idea who the gently caress Austin Davis is but watch as he looks like a world beater at times against this defense. Look for Jared Cook to have a monster game as the Cowboys safteys are loving awful in coverage.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
GB @ DET

LOL 1-2

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
In my preseason predictions I had GB@DET penciled in as a loss for the Packers. Now I'm not so sure.

If the Week 1 Lions that trashed the Giants show up, the Packers will lose. If not, toss-up. If the Packers that showed up in the 2nd and 3rd quarters against the Jets show up... poo poo, I'll be happy to be wrong.

Maybe the Giants really are THAT BAD, but I don't think the Packers secondary will do any better than they did when it comes to stopping Megatron. Best idea I can come up with is to glue Shields to him (since Shields can definitely outrun him - it's not like we have ANYONE on the roster that could really defend a jump ball from him) and keep a safety over the top pretty much ALL THE TIME. The problem there is our defense is already bad enough against the run even when one or both safeties come in to support. We also lack the pass rush of a team like the Panthers that can get in Stafford's rear end so much that he just can't get the drat ball TO Megatron. I expect to see Detroit's week 1 offense unless they just poo poo the bed.

On the other end, well, Rodgers finally looked like Rodgers last week... after the first quarter, that is. If he isn't sacked like 8 times he'll make sure this offense puts up points. Also, I think we'll see more of a run game. The Jets have a top class run defense, the Lions... don't.

It's going to be a loving shootout, basically.

Tentative little-to-no-confidence total loving guess with a dash of wishful thinking: Packers 45, Lions 41

If Rodgers spends all day on his rear end or running for his life, just knock about 3 TDs off that Packers score and it'll be about right.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 17, 2014

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I don't see Minnesota beating New Orleans with the level of distraction going on around them right now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Darth Brooks posted:

I don't see Minnesota beating New Orleans with the level of distraction going on around them right now.

Not unless Peterson breaks the rushing record.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Sour Diesel posted:

Yea Cleveland actually has the D that can put a dent in Baltimore. Hopefully Zuttah and KO continue to own

I will even accept a loss if our offense looks real good in it. But we'll need to do something like steal one in Cincinnati if we lose this here. I'm not even saying that Cleveland is a bad team and we should be expected to beat them as I honestly think they're pretty decent this year especially when Gordon gets back(thats another reason we MUST beat them now), but if we're going to do anything you need to win here. The road will not get any easier ahead for us. Carolina and @Indy(where we've NEVER won) are coming up next for us.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I probably won't be able to watch the Ravens-Panthers game just because I'm horrified of what Steve Smith is going to do.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I think the offensive gameplan will be the same one they used against Pittsburgh - throw to Steve every single play

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sour Diesel posted:

I think the offensive gameplan will be the same one they used against Pittsburgh - throw to Steve every single play

The Panthers might have the best corner duo they've had since the first year of Ken Lucas so I'm not horribly worried.

Plus, it's not like the Panthers defense isn't aware of what Steve can do, and apparently almost all of them are ready to take their shots at him.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

thankfully he got a season's worth of drops out of his system in week 1

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

The Panthers might have the best corner duo they've had since the first year of Ken Lucas so I'm not horribly worried.

Plus, it's not like the Panthers defense isn't aware of what Steve can do, and apparently almost all of them are ready to take their shots at him.

we're beyond the pale here

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

FizFashizzle posted:

Those who are about to die, we salute you.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

Bene and Melvin are really good by the eyeball and advanced metrics. Antoine Cason did incredibly well against Megatron.

Dude the Panthers corners have blown for a while.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Not unless Peterson breaks the rushing record.

He made that record 7 years ago, I bet he's willing to beat it.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

FizFashizzle posted:

That's an understatement.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

aBagorn posted:

This is so baffling. He's rushing his throws on these screens so badly. I don't know if it's a lack of confidence in the O Line (sensing pressure from the RT side) or whether he's just way to hopped up on the CHIP KELLY EXPERIENCE(tm) but if he would set and throw these correctly this offense would be on a completely different level.
He had problems with those screens in college, actually. I probably yelled too many times at Nick Foles for loving up on a screen to Juron Criner. I don't remember why he had trouble, but pressure wouldn't surprise me since he was hit so many times his senior year.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

AfterFather posted:

Dallas Cowboys vs St. Louis Rams

St. Louis Rams are giving up 171 ypg on the ground and allowing 5.5 yards per attempt. Watch as Dallas goes into full Air Raid Offense and forget that they can run the ball.

Not going to happen. Murray rushes for 200 yards against the Rams every time.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

Bene and Melvin are really good by the eyeball and advanced metrics. Antoine Cason did incredibly well against Megatron.

I miss munnerlyn's sweet blitzes, but as far as pass coverage is concerned I can't remember the last time we had good corners. Especially more than one.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Sour Diesel posted:

The Saints and Steelers running games were really efficient against the Browns so we'll see if the Ravens can do the same

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
And for all their flaws the Ravens D has been gold in the red zone, with Cleveland's weapons that trend could well continue. It is fun that for the first time in a long time a Brown game seems to be a coin flip. Even the game Baltimore lost last year was more due to us being terrible than Cleveland being a threat. The Browns could be a middle of the road team, which the rest of the division is, if Hoyer provides better than awful play at QB.

For some reason I've had this recurring thought of the Ravens and Browns meeting in Cleveland during the playoffs. If such a thing were to happen (it won't) I don't know that I could really enjoy a Baltimore victory. Winning that game would just be loving evil.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

I don't think Brian Hoyer is anything more than a Shaun Hill type. A dude who isn't particularly accurate or dynamic but also won't make absolutely horrible decisions

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

zimbomonkey posted:

I miss munnerlyn's sweet blitzes, but as far as pass coverage is concerned I can't remember the last time we had good corners. Especially more than one.

Best I can think of is the first couple of seasons with Gamble & Lucas and calling them "good" is stretching it a little.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

I don't think Brian Hoyer is anything more than a Shaun Hill type. A dude who isn't particularly accurate or dynamic but also won't make absolutely horrible decisions

He was a good clip better last year but he had Cameron and Gordon to throw to.

This year he has a bunch of hot garbage and raw UDFAs conscripted into action. Plus Hawkins.

There's already been more miscommunications on routes not being run anywhere near where they were supposed to than you ever want to see but its to be expected due to the various circumstances.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

And for all their flaws the Ravens D has been gold in the red zone, with Cleveland's weapons that trend could well continue. It is fun that for the first time in a long time a Brown game seems to be a coin flip. Even the game Baltimore lost last year was more due to us being terrible than Cleveland being a threat. The Browns could be a middle of the road team, which the rest of the division is, if Hoyer provides better than awful play at QB.

For some reason I've had this recurring thought of the Ravens and Browns meeting in Cleveland during the playoffs. If such a thing were to happen (it won't) I don't know that I could really enjoy a Baltimore victory. Winning that game would just be loving evil.

The one thing Dean Pees can actually do well is "bend but don't break", hopefully the tackling doesn't suck because Terrence West loving owns and will truck fools.

Also I'd still want to crush Cleveland if we ever met them in the playoffs but I would feel a little guilty if Cleveland had their first playoff game in forever and the loving Ravens of all teams sends them home.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

Not to be a homer, but Fiz isn't really damning with faint praise, it's just praise because it's apt. Cason did a really good job against megatron and Melvin White has been a sleeper for the whole "breakout bullshit of the never" award since last year.

The starting duo are actually pretty good and DeCoud doesn't suck like Atlanta fans thought he would. It's not perfect and there's going to be bad days, but their ability to limit gains has been great. Cason especially has been very sound in his tackling. Smith will be fired up and make his hundred yards or whatever, but I really don't see him taking a short gain underneath to the house like he used to. Certainly not with the linebackers in coverage.

Either way, Pitts the next game, I'm looking forward to being able to watch this one without being sleep as gently caress from being awake early. The Steelers offensive line has not been pretty this year and if Hardy is allowed to play it should be good fun to see the line in action.

I've got no idea how good or bad the pittsburgh front seven is because I've only seen about a half a game from them. I'd like to think that they're an easier match up than the last two. Detroit and Tampa were a little bit trial by fire for the guards and they came through it pretty well. Maybe people will stop thinking it's dumb to expect the panthers to be good after two games of being just that.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

From everything I've read Desean is probably going to play Sunday.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions don't have a secondary anymore, but if the rush can get to Aaron Rodgers fast enough and consistently enough, I think they can win a shootout. The last meeting was a blowout but Rodgers is a better quarterback than Matt Flynn. Joique Bell and Reggie Bush have not started well, but the Packers should be easier to run on than the Giants and Panthers.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

BasicFunk posted:

Best I can think of is the first couple of seasons with Gamble & Lucas and calling them "good" is stretching it a little.

Gamble had a couple good seasons but I remember some statistics showing that he gave up a ton of yardage, just never anything over 10 yards.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I wonder what irreplaceable player the Bengals will lose for half the season this week. My bet is Leon Hall ruptures the Achilles on his third leg.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lions are better at home and the offense probably has no concern for what the Packers can do on defense, but the Lions poo poo secondary is already got a bunch of injuries and it is the lions.

I'm going with Rodgers.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

I wonder what irreplaceable player the Bengals will lose for half the season this week. My bet is Leon Hall ruptures the Achilles on his third leg.

it's called the vas deferens, mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hall tried to give it a go in warmups before the game but reportedly told coaches that it 'really hurts when I cum' and has been deactivated.

• Locked thread