Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Checkbox poll best poll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I was heavily involved in the first Eagles GDT and it was way, way better. I was able to actually communicate with other people without having to look through 4 pages of "OMG!!!!!!" to find any responses.

Thanks for giving it a shot, Kalli/MV.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

I actually really like the split threads

Same

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Plus with split threads we get more presents at christmas

oh hold on

I hope at least the RZ thread becomes the madness thread, moreso in the future. I liked the chaos.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
The split threads are nice for my lurking rear end. Keep it going!

Edit: is there a way to vote on polls on the awful app?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

humpthewind posted:

The split threads are nice for my lurking rear end. Keep it going!

Edit: is there a way to vote on polls on the awful app?

Not that I know of. I just logged on using my phone's browser and voted that way.

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

One master thread moving at light speed with 2 straight pages of BILLS BITCH at then end of it

as the lord intended

This guy gets it

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Febreeze posted:

One big throbbing GDT as the founders intended
:agreed:

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

One master thread moving at light speed with 2 straight pages of BILLS BITCH at then end of it

as the lord intended
coherence is hosed up and bullshit :justpost:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Original threads were better but I guess it's a losing fight at this point

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

Original threads were better but I guess it's a losing fight at this point

I just hope this is just a 1-year policy and things go back to normal next season.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Split threads are better than before, and hopefully some day, down the road, in the future, we can get a single thread for each game. Time marches on.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

African AIDS cum posted:

Split threads are better than before, and hopefully some day, down the road, in the future, we can get a single thread for each game. Time marches on.

Hawks Broncos deserves its own thread this week.

wheez the roux posted:

coherence is hosed up and bullshit :justpost:

Pretty sure you didn't like it when you thought your bowels were incoherent last week. :smug:

glad to hear you're safe and better. This place would be pretty boring if you died.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There are only two other games at the time, but you know what. Yeah, that game probably needs its own containment zone.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

There are only two other games at the time, but you know what. Yeah, that game probably needs its own containment zone.

Over the offseason we discussed having separate Game of the Week threads, and I can't imagine a better game to kick that off with. (Yes, I'm a Hawks fan. But you can't deny that this game is huge.)

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's a non-conference game in week 3. Neither team will be overly effected regardless of who wins.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

I vote for split threads. In the megathreads you'll always get a generic "OMG" or "I can't believe that happened" and you're not sure what game they're talking about.

I missed the Red Zone thread, but I want to check it out this week. I usually watch RZC when the Texans aren't on or if they're sucking. So I guess that means I mostly watch RZC.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's a non-conference game in week 3. Neither team will be overly effected regardless of who wins.

I think we both know that isn't what I meant when I called it huge.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I like the format as is currently as actual conversation is somewhat possible.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Who wants conversation in a GDT. There's N/V threads for that, and aftermath threads, and analysis threads.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

kidcoelacanth posted:

Who wants conversation in a GDT.

At the time of writing, "75 50.00%", with 33% for No, and the rest for "don't care"

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Chichevache posted:

I think we both know that isn't what I meant when I called it huge.

If you mean it should be a good game I doubt that as well. The Superbowl wasn't that long ago, both teams have changed only slightly, the Seahawks look better, the Broncos look the same, Hawks are angry coming off a loss and the game is in Seattle. I think it has the biggest blow out potential of any game this week.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

kidcoelacanth posted:

Who wants conversation in a GDT. There's N/V threads for that, and aftermath threads, and analysis threads.

People who watch games alone in sadness with no friends and want to talk to someone to experience some level of human contact

so yeah, Split threads gonna win in Something Awful

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Also new people don't be afraid to post!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

gently caress posting, vote. Vote for one thread. Vote for God's choice.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Ehud posted:

A vote for monster thread is a vote for America :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCGoA-dZBzo

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Voting for the one true thread. GDTs aren't for conversations, they're for laughing out loud as you scroll past 3 pages of people instaposting about Romo's latest pick, and joining in.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Monster thread and people who can't handle the monster threads are big babies.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I prefer Monster thread. Maybe the CBS watchers could post in ALL-CAPS for the sake of differentiation.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

#SupportMonsterThred

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Before long, we'll be reminiscing about about back in the day when TFF was great and posters were REAL posters who didn't complain about posting speed :colbert:.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't really care what happens to the main GDTs because I barely post in them anyway, but the RedZone threads were legit awesome and I hope they don't go away

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I am pro-single thread, but these early weeks, keep it split. Maybe if things slow down later it can drop back to one.

Only thing I think is keep putting the actual games in the Topic. I kept going "what game is this channel on again?" and just looking at the one thread that was labeled with the games to know what to post in, but I'm a dumb so that may just be a me issue.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Split threads makes phone posting suck but looks like this is a losing battle.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

Split threads makes phone posting suck but looks like this is a losing battle.

Trying to read 100 posts per minute makes phone posting suck too.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Are you using one of the awful apps? Because it's pretty easy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Dave posted:

Are you using one of the awful apps? Because it's pretty easy.

I never said it was hard, I said it sucked.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Chichevache posted:

100 posts in a GDT takes all of 1 minute to scan.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Now we're pretending people read other people's posts in the large GDTs? I would say about half the questions that get posted get answered at all. And if you do ask a question you have to look carefully for anyone answering you, and yes, soon enough you're five pages behind

The large single GDT can only be followed if it's the only thing you're doing. If it's not, if you happen to look at the game on TV or talk to another person, you're over a page behind and you're drat well skipping to the last page, don't lie

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Phone posting actually makes finding your quoted posts easier than in a browser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

100 posts in a GDT takes all of 1 minute to scan.

If that is the case then all of those posts were "lol" or some nonsense like that, which is exactly why so many of us wanted separate threads. Those other threads allow us to skip that bullshit and actually post something about the game besides twitter reactions.

• Locked thread