Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Since TFF is its own forum so I guess I don't get why you can't have the separate Gameday threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Crazy Ted posted:

Since TFF is its own forum so I guess I don't get why you can't have the separate Gameday threads.

Because they're slower and more boring and it doesn't improve gameday posting.

Plus then the CBS people missed out on some Bears fan breaking his table and blaming it on his dog.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TubeStank posted:

Because they're slower and more boring and it doesn't improve gameday posting.

Plus then the CBS people missed out on some Bears fan breaking his table and blaming it on his dog.
Lol did that really happen? That would have been awesome to experience and now I'm pissed split threads robbed me of that. :colbert:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Yep.

Guru Yaekob posted:

I'm a man child with anger issues, gently caress the Bears

Guru Yaekob posted:

Its a joke my dog jumped up on the coffee table to cool off and she slipped on the end and it shattered.

Guru Yaekob posted:

No she did for real she always lays on it

TBH this was more interesting than the games were.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TubeStank posted:

Yep.

Lol that he tried to blame it on his dog. Like anyone would believe that.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I mean the dog laying on that table picture is hilarious in its own right

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Just keep 2 tabs open and refresh them both?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Athanatos posted:

A lot of us post from phones. And it's a hackneyed workaround for a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Then you're still following the same amount of posts with the added inconvenience of having two tabs.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Josh Lyman posted:

Lol did that really happen? That would have been awesome to experience and now I'm pissed split threads robbed me of that. :colbert:

You could read two threads

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Codependent Poster posted:

Then you're still following the same amount of posts with the added inconvenience of having two tabs.

Actually good news, you'll see more posts because people like me will read and post in the less ridiculous split threads but not in the single awful one

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Having two tabs open is an inconvenience?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Why is anybody trying to GDT from a phone?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Wilford Cutlery posted:

The world needs to know OMG Raiders keep Raidering at all times

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Because I have a kitchen to run and I still want to participate?

One big rear end GDT and one RedZone thread.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Lol this fame is hear - helpful gdt phone posting

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I don't want my experience made worse just to cater to millenials pecking away at their phone

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Because my bigscreen tv isn't in the same room as my computer?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

I don't want my experience made worse just to cater to millenials pecking away at their phone
The experience was made worse when we split the threads. :colbert:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Do you think that's actually challenging? It was fairly easy with awful app and one thread.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
A single Sunday early games thread is write-only garbage. I don't understand how anyone can complain about how hard it is to follow two threads when it's impossible to follow one thread.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Jethro posted:

A single Sunday early games thread is write-only garbage. I don't understand how anyone can complain about how hard it is to follow two threads when it's impossible to follow one thread.

This. I'd like to be able to keep up with my thread, not find myself like 5 pages behind when I take a piss run, and still be able to watch and follow the game too.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Wilford Cutlery posted:

This. I'd like to be able to keep up with my thread, not find myself like 5 pages behind when I take a piss run, and still be able to watch and follow the game too.

The solution when you're five pages behind is to not read any posts you missed and just type holky gently caress into the reply box to be ready for the next holky gently caress moment

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Remove gdts and only have end of half analysis where you must mention one stat per paragraph

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

did y'all a favor and wrote a javascript that adds a button to the Reply screen that automatically posts "lol" which should increase your megaposting experience

http://pastebin.com/PJ3ptj8x

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 30, 2014

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Lessail posted:

Remove gdts and only have end of half analysis where you must mention one stat per paragraph

Is this thread to be built by the home Depot or sponsored in any way?

swampface
Apr 30, 2005

Soiled Meat

The Dave posted:

Do you think that's actually challenging? It was fairly easy with awful app and one thread.

I find it fairly easy to follow 2 threads with the awful app. Split threads rule.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wilford Cutlery posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you're trying to read every post in a GDT, you're holding reading it wrong.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Josh Lyman posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you're trying to read every post in a GDT, you're holding reading it wrong.

Welp I guess we knew this was part of the philosophy with one big thread but this is kind of why they are awful.

Why would we have a thread where people post without reading? What kind of thread does that produce

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

football fuckerman posted:

Welp I guess we knew this was part of the philosophy with one big thread but this is kind of why they are awful.

Why would we have a thread where people post without reading? What kind of thread does that produce
Perhaps I can clarify. I've always treated GDTs like a chat room - they're for talking about what's going on right now. For me, if I get food or go to the bathroom or something, I don't bother reading the old posts because they don't pertain to what's going on live, and I assumed in my previous post that nobody would. But if you do, that's your prerogative. If you go away for 5 or 10 minutes, yes, you can read the posts you've missed, but until you catch up, you won't be able to participate in live discussion.

The alternative is split threads where you leave for 5 minutes and only have to catch up on 1 page instead of 3, but there will be a lot of page refreshes that don't yield new posts, and that's a much worse scenario.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 1, 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If no one has posted anything and you don't like that, post something. Hopefully it will be something relevant and interesting so we can have a discussion regarding it and the thread will be better because we all made it better.

Or just :lol: because apparently that's what everyone has wanted the whole time.

Garbd
Dec 29, 2008

Cleatus is a football robot on FOX so please keep the threads split.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

football fuckerman posted:

The solution when you're five pages behind is to not read any posts you missed and just type holky gently caress into the reply box to be ready for the next holky gently caress moment

If you're really lucky and cool maybe YOU can be part of the next draftday.gif!!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Josh Lyman posted:

Perhaps I can clarify. I've always treated GDTs like a chat room -

Borsche69 posted:

If the people like the chaos of a single thread exploding in a volume of "omg" and "lol" at whatever thing just happened, might I suggest they use like an IRC channel instead.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Irc doesn't support embedded gifs and videos and can't be goldmined or archived.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kibner posted:

Irc doesn't support embedded gifs and videos and can't be goldmined or archived.

Whats the last GDT to be goldmined.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Borsche69 posted:

Whats the last GDT to be goldmined.

superbowl

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The main argument for one thread is that you might miss something if it's split. Meanwhile, it's been suggested that all you need to do to keep up with the megathread is skip chunks of it because, of course you can't read all of it.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I would have thought that if anyone's enjoyment of football had been founded upon reason, rationality, and consistent logic, the resultant cognitive dissonance would have driven them to ranting about football's "problematic" nature on tumblr some time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

TubeStank posted:

Yep.

Neat, I have the same exact set of 2 end tables and 1 coffee table.

• Locked thread