Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Starting the Week 3 thread, the title is more a reflection of my personal feelings after losing Charles and Matthews this week (my top 2 RB's).

Sit/Start Rules
  • Don't Sit Your Studs
  • Except when your Stud QBs play against Seattle
  • When posting include any unique league scoring rules, and your player's matchups for that week
  • i forgot all the rest but rule #1 is all that really matters

quote:

Advice Template
ESPN 1 PPR - pick two RBs

Adrian Peterson @Rams
Devonta Freeman vs Saints
Jamaal Charles vs Titans

I feel like Freeman might catch more passes than Peterson, and the Rams have a really good front 7. Leaning towards Freeman and Charles. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
So I lost both Jamaal Charles and Ryan Matthews this week. I have Waiver priority #2 and am positive that the #1 will not pick up Knile Davis so that is the obvious choice. I was able to pick up Ahmad Bradshad last week and am thinking of putting him in at RB2 for Matthews. The other options I have on my bench are:

Chris Ivory
Fred Jackson

Bradshaw/Davis are a better choice than those two I am assuming?

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

NFL.com Standard - pick two RBs and a WR/RB.

Alfred Morris at PHI
Zac Stacy vs DAL
Andre Ellington vs SF
CJ Spiller vs SD
Terrance West vs BAL
Percy Harvin vs DEN

I'm kinda tempted to start Andre this week, since he seems to get better with each week, but I don't know if his matchup is so great this time around. I really really want to win this week.
Fantasypros says I should start Zac Stacy, but I'm nervous about that. One, it's the Rams, and Two, I'm not sure about the matchup with Dallas. Someone please comfort me or something.

FAT BATMAN fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 16, 2014

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Love the thread title. I need a hug. And some miracle healings.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

FAT BATMAN posted:

NFL.com Standard - pick two RBs and a WR/RB.

Alfred Morris at PHI
Zac Stacy vs DAL
Andre Ellington vs SF
CJ Spiller vs SD
Terrance West vs BAL
Percy Harvin vs DEN

I'm kinda tempted to start Andre this week, since he seems to get better with each week, but I don't know if his matchup is so great this time around. I really really want to win this week.
Fantasypros says I should start Zac Stacy, but I'm nervous about that. One, it's the Rams, and Two, I'm not sure about the matchup with Dallas. Someone comfort me or something.

Matt Forte looked pretty ineffective against SF this weekend. While he had limited touches because the Bears were coming from behind, 12 rushes for 21 yards and 5 catches for 15 yards is pretty bad. I don't know if I would feel confident starting Ellington but your other options aren't spectacular. The Dallas defense didn't look nearly as awful against the Titans and the Rams offense is easily worse so Stacy is risky also. I actually like Alfred Morris against Philly's Run defense.

I would choose:

Morris
Harvin

And then I think it is a tossup between Ellington and Stacy. Ellington has the worse matchup, but is working with a better offense.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have demaryius and Julius on the same team, should I look at benching one or both of them this weekend against Seattle? I'm thinking; play Julius and maybe flex in someone over demaryius. But I hate hate hate benching my studs.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

I have demaryius and Julius on the same team, should I look at benching one or both of them this weekend against Seattle? I'm thinking; play Julius and maybe flex in someone over demaryius. But I hate hate hate benching my studs.

Play both.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

We're not getting cute and sitting Ball against Seattle at home this week, are we?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I have first pick in the waiver, should I drop any of these guys for Khiry Robinson vsMIN? Guys that are NOT available include: Bradshaw, Rainey, Knile Davis, and Donald Brown. Another option would be James Jones @NE.

Should I stream defenses with the Bengals? I had the Bills first game but someone dropped Cinci so I got them for last week. I'm used to streaming.

I think I should get a new kicker. No reason hanging on to them I feel. I also think I'll drop Romo for Rivers if possible, but he'll probably be gone.

(Standard ESPN, 10 team)

Thanks.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
1ppr

Matt Ryan vs TB
or
Nick Foles vs WAS

Both playing home games.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

KingKapalone posted:

I have first pick in the waiver, should I drop any of these guys for Khiry Robinson vsMIN? Guys that are NOT available include: Bradshaw, Rainey, Knile Davis, and Donald Brown. Another option would be James Jones @NE.

Should I stream defenses with the Bengals? I had the Bills first game but someone dropped Cinci so I got them for last week. I'm used to streaming.

I think I should get a new kicker. No reason hanging on to them I feel. I also think I'll drop Romo for Rivers if possible, but he'll probably be gone.

(Standard ESPN, 10 team)

Thanks.

I would pick up Robinson if only for the fact that in week 4 you're going to be running with Fred Jackson and an empty slot

Edit: Same with Cinci, keep them on for this week and then figure out if they're worth holding on to through the bye or if you'd prefer streaming

Doccykins fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 16, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ExCruceLeo posted:

1ppr

Matt Ryan vs TB
or
Nick Foles vs WAS

Both playing home games.

Ryan has the slight edge. Foles should round back into form soon but he's still shaky and has less-sure receivers. So many dropped passes last night.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Think this got lost at the top.

I lost Charles/Matthews this week and am looking for my best options. On my bench I have:

10-team, 0.5PPR, otherwise standard

Ahmad Bradshaw
Chris Ivory
Fred Jackson

I have Waiver Priority #2 and have my pick of either Knile Davis or Bobby Rainey (Priority #1 player doesn't really follow the WW). I think my best option is to pick up Davis and start Davis/Bradshaw. Are they the best options over the rest of my bench and Rainey?

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

MrSargent posted:

Think this got lost at the top.

If Rainey starts I'd honestly play him and Davis.

On the opposite side of this, I'm what you might call loaded at RB and need to pick an RB2 for this week.

L. Bell @ Car
Stacy vs Dal
Sproles vs Was
Ellington vs SF

Am I crazy for leaning towards one of Sproles/Stacy? Only because of the match ups obviously.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

ESPN 0.5 PPR, need a RB2.

Knile Davis @ MIA
FJax vs. SD
Bernard Pierce @ CLE
Jeremy Hill vs. TEN

Leaning Knile, and then Michael Floyd (@SF) at Flex depending on his QB situation

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Scruffy the janitor posted:

If Rainey starts I'd honestly play him and Davis.

On the opposite side of this, I'm what you might call loaded at RB and need to pick an RB2 for this week.

L. Bell @ Car
Stacy vs Dal
Sproles vs Was
Ellington vs SF

Am I crazy for leaning towards one of Sproles/Stacy? Only because of the match ups obviously.

Bell has earned his stud status in my eyes so you have to start him. I'd probably go Sproles for my RB2.

EDIT:

icking fudiot posted:

ESPN 0.5 PPR, need a RB2.

Knile Davis @ MIA
FJax vs. SD
Bernard Pierce @ CLE
Jeremy Hill vs. TEN

I'd go Hill

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

timp posted:

Bell has earned his stud status in my eyes so you have to start him. I'd probably go Sproles for my RB2.

Foster is actually my RB1, but yeah I guess you're right.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Reposting my adjusted D/ST streamer options here. The target defense is always listed first.

1) MIA vs KC
2) CAR vs PIT
3) HOU @ NYG
4) BAL @ CLE
5) SF @ ARI

Week 2 results (std scoring)

HOU @ OAK - 8 pts
TB vs STL - 4 pts
WAS vs JAX - 18 pts

edit: I'm assuming NE is already taken but they have a juicy matchup at home against OAK

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 19, 2014

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

MrSargent posted:

Matt Forte looked pretty ineffective against SF this weekend. While he had limited touches because the Bears were coming from behind, 12 rushes for 21 yards and 5 catches for 15 yards is pretty bad. I don't know if I would feel confident starting Ellington but your other options aren't spectacular. The Dallas defense didn't look nearly as awful against the Titans and the Rams offense is easily worse so Stacy is risky also. I actually like Alfred Morris against Philly's Run defense.

I would choose:

Morris
Harvin

And then I think it is a tossup between Ellington and Stacy. Ellington has the worse matchup, but is working with a better offense.

Thanks for the response. It's my understanding that the 49ers defense is missing a lot of key defense players due to injury?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

FAT BATMAN posted:

Thanks for the response. It's my understanding that the 49ers defense is missing a lot of key defense players due to injury?

This is absolutely true, but the missing defensive players really seems to be affecting our pass-rushing more than our run defense. Then again DeMarco Murray ran for a buttload of yards in Week 1 so what do I know. That is why it seems like a crapshoot between Lacy and Ellington.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

FAT BATMAN posted:

Forte's issues had more to do with the Bears missing two starters on the OL, remember Dallas ran the ball all over SF the week before. I actually like Ellington his week.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I'm worried about Demaryius Thomas against Seattle this week. My other WRs are Keenan Allen, Kendall Wright, Torrey Smith and Jarrett Boykin. Am I making a mistake sitting DT for KA and KW?

I'm also probably dropping the other two, Boykin most likely going first.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

FAT BATMAN posted:

Aldon Smith is suspended for a total of 9 games. Glenn Dorsey is on IR.

Navarro Bowman tore his left ACL in the NFC championship game last year: he began sprinting in practice this week, which is part of the recovery process, so that's going well. He's on the PUP list and should miss at least four more games.

Antoine Bethea missed the game 1, but he played this week and performed well so I'd expect him to be back at 100% either this week, or maybe next week.

Tramaine Brock was inactive against the Bears with some kind of toe problem, but he should be back this week.

Ray McDonald is in legal trouble over a possible domestic violence charge, but the DA postponed a hearing and in the meantime it seems he will play.

Otherwise, the defense is healthy. Importantly, they're playing the Cardinals, and Carson Palmer has some kind of shoulder injury. If he doesn't play, the 9ers D will face Drew Stanton.

I like the 9ers in this matchup. They're coming off a loss at home, which is embarrassing. This is a division matchup, so it's very important. They've got a couple of first team D guys back, they'll have another week of practice and drills to tighten up, and I think they're going to feel they have something to prove.

And,

MrSargent posted:

This is absolutely true, but the missing defensive players really seems to be affecting our pass-rushing more than our run defense. Then again DeMarco Murray ran for a buttload of yards in Week 1 so what do I know. That is why it seems like a crapshoot between Lacy and Ellington.

This is also true. Pass rush against Stanton might not be as important as pass rush against Jay Cutler. SF's run defense is improving and historically it's been good, and they'll be expecting to see a lot of running plays if Arizona runs their backup QB.

In this situation, I play Lacy over Ellington.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MrSargent posted:

Sit/Start Rules
[list]
[*]Don't Sit Your Studs
[*]Except when your Stud QBs play against Seattle

So would I be stupid to bench Peyton Manning for Nick Foles?

I need an RB2 this week. I've got Gio Bernard and a lot of nothing afterward. Ben Tate and Ryan Matthews are both injured, leaving me with either Chris Johnson vs CHI or Shane Vereen v. OAK. It's an 8-team league so there's also a decent heap of potentially decent guys on the waiver wire.

Knile Davis @ MIA
Bobby Rainey @ ATL
Mark Ingram v. MIN
Ahmad Bradshaw @ JAX
Chris Ivory v. CHI
Terrance West or Isaiah Crowell v. Baltimore
Justin Forsett or Bernard Pierce v. Cleveland

Leaning on replacing Matthews with Rainey for now. Atlanta's D seems really blah. Then again, Bradshaw could be seeing more touches since Trent Richardson seems to be almost actively trying to ruin his own career.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Suave Fedora posted:

Reposting my adjusted D/ST streamer options here. The target defense is always listed first.

1) MIA vs KC
2) CAR vs PIT
3) HOU @ NYG
4) BAL @ CLE
5) SF @ ARI

HOU @ OAK - 8 pts
TB vs STL - 4 pts
WAS vs JAX - 18 pts

KC just lost Charles and I feel like that's gotta be your best bet, what with KCs weak O line and crappy wrs, though I could see Houston sacking Eli Manning back to the stone age, and Eli loves him some picks.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
1.0 PPR league, and need some help after what week 2 did to me. After the carnage, my roster is the following:

I have the following people I could potentially try to pick up on the WW:

Who should I try to pick up first?

I was going to try to add Rainey, James Jones, Brian Quick first, and then try to drop Jerick McKinnon for Jeremy Hill. Should I be trying to get Jeremy Hill first instead?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Skull Knight posted:

1.0 PPR league, and need some help after what week 2 did to me. After the carnage, my roster is the following:

I have the following people I could potentially try to pick up on the WW:

Who should I try to pick up first?

I was going to try to add Rainey, James Jones, Brian Quick first, and then try to drop Jerick McKinnon for Jeremy Hill. Should I be trying to get Jeremy Hill first instead?

I'd put Hill before Quick.

Thinking of dropping Charles Clay for Larry Donnell. Y/N?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Tremendous Taste posted:

Thinking of dropping Charles Clay for Larry Donnell. Y/N?

Yes

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

ESPN Standard Scoring.

I need a WR:

An injured Roddy White at home on a Thursday against the Bucs
Or
An Michael Floyd at home against the SF defense and injured Palmer or Stanton throwing the ball

I need a flex:
The WR not chosen from above
Hill vs the Titans
Bradshaw @ Jacksonville

I'm leaning White and Bradshaw.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I need help filling out my RB situation for this week.

Pick three (one for FLEX):

Gio Bernard v TEN
Joique Bell v GB
Terrance West v BAL
Knile Davis @ MIA

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Manoueverable posted:

I need help filling out my RB situation for this week.

Pick three (one for FLEX):

Gio Bernard v TEN
Joique Bell v GB
Terrance West v BAL
Knile Davis @ MIA

Gio, West, and Bell imo

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I'm leaning White and Bradshaw.

Yes.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Gracias!

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Suave Fedora posted:

1) MIA vs KC
2) CAR vs PIT
3) HOU @ NYG
4) BAL @ CLE
5) SF @ ARI

HOU @ OAK - 8 pts
TB vs STL - 4 pts
WAS vs JAX - 18 pts

Really? I thought the Patriots would be one of the "go-to" defenses for the week against the Raiders.

Edit:
Standard espn scoring, 10-man, WR2:
Terrance Williams @ St
Victor Cruz vs Hou
Wes Welker @ Sea (if back)

I don't think Cruz is going to have a good day. But, Williams didn't get poo poo last week.

nollij fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 17, 2014

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

nollij posted:

Really? I thought the Patriots would be one of the "go-to" defenses for the week against the Raiders.

You know, you'd think that, but NYJ scored 3 points in week one and Houston had 8 points this past weekend.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
I'm the first one to do this right?

Trying to decide between Cam and Matt Ryan.

I should be able to drop Kelce and grab Asiata tomorrow morning.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

OUCH

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Low effort

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
All my rbs get bumped up a slot this week to cover the Charles injury. Who lands in my flex?

Yahoo standard no ppr.

Bradshaw@Jax - he's earned it, right?
Golden Tate v GB - I like the match up. Pretty steady player.

Lol option Torrey Smith @ Cle. Not starting him until he shows me some points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Timett posted:

All my rbs get bumped up a slot this week to cover the Charles injury. Who lands in my flex?

Yahoo standard no ppr.

Bradshaw@Jax - he's earned it, right?
Golden Tate v GB - I like the match up. Pretty steady player.

Lol option Torrey Smith @ Cle. Not starting him until he shows me some points

Tate's got huge upside if you can afford the gamble but I'd be conservative and go Bradshaw

• Locked thread