Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:rip: Grogsy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

Eonwe posted:

i personally think good and owns

but it is a f2p game on release

it entirely depends whether you think the items and a month of alpha play time + closed beta access is worth the $50

I mean "alpha" doesn't really mean a lot anymore, I'm in one alpha where the game is practically done and completely playable, and another where it literally had a full launch two months ago and it's still an unfinished buggy mess. How playable is this, and considering it's such a social game - is there a decent playerbase?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If it were unplayable or not much of a game I'd tell you. I'd still have bought them ( See - ARK (which unoptimized to an almost unplayable level) or Crowfall which just straight up isn't a game), but I'd tell you it was bad.

Albion is close to feature complete at this point, the main thing imho is coming up with balancing. Last time I played it had quite a few people and the number is only going to increase on release when its free to play.

I hate to be hopeful about a sandbox MMO in TYOOL 2015, but I actually am about Albion

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

Eonwe posted:

If it were unplayable or not much of a game I'd tell you. I'd still have bought them ( See - ARK (which unoptimized to an almost unplayable level) or Crowfall which just straight up isn't a game), but I'd tell you it was bad.

Albion is close to feature complete at this point, the main thing imho is coming up with balancing. Last time I played it had quite a few people and the number is only going to increase on release when its free to play.

I hate to be hopeful about a sandbox MMO in TYOOL 2015, but I actually am about Albion

Sounds great. Any word of when the beta will be or how long it'll be in beta?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
No word on beta length. Summer alpha starts on June 29th for the $100 backers, the 30th for $50 backers. One month for summer alpha I believe.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
well I'm sold. Thanks for the advice

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trier posted:

well I'm sold. Thanks for the advice

welcome aboard, if game is bad i take no responsibility :v:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
@eonwe #guildleader 2015

Let it be known that eonwe has the most #guildleader tags and therefore it must be true.

Also yes, the game is worth 5x:10bux: even if you burn out in a month. That's 50 bucks for a month of entertainment!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
New OP up

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727351

• Locked thread