Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Now the godless atheists won't be able to keep religion out of school!... oh wait.

quote:

The Satanic Temple has responded to an Orange County, Florida decision to disseminate religious materials in public school by creating complementary materials that espouse the philosophy and practice of Satanism.

Last month, a Florida judge ruled that if the Orange County school district allowed Christian groups to disseminate Bibles and Christian-oriented religious materials in its schools, it would also have to allow atheist groups to do the same.

Here's the full book, no photoshop needed:

http://thesatanictemple.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Activity_Book.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Do whatever you want!

Just don't invoke the first gate unless you know that your poo poo will be ruined if you don't assemble the symbols correctly, and you know.

The rest of the information is gunna be in the book I guess??? Lavey in pastel colours maybe?

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

hail satan

also cutest cerberus ever

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Damned satanist kids an their square heads.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
here come a poo poo load of posts from people who don't understand the church of satan!!!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

OMFG FURRY posted:

here come a poo poo load of posts from people who don't understand the church of satan!!!

Have you even gotten to the fourth gate bro?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

also cutest cerberus ever
baphomet

hail baby satan

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
What if your religion is Rock N Roll.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
adorable and a good idea

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

satanists are christiasts iyrtai if you really think about it

naem
May 29, 2011

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i mean in the book, cerberus is in there dude

phybersyko
Dec 8, 2003
When hell is full, the dead will walk the Earth.
It's a bit shy of the 666 pages this needs to be. Perhaps a guide to building a sacrificial altar?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Like its a surprise attention whores have kids occasionally

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
The prosperity gospel aka Christianity as practiced by a good portion of America is actually stealth satanism

naem
May 29, 2011

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

The prosperity gospel aka Christianity as practiced by a good portion of America is actually stealth satanism

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

darkness reigns

Future Mrs Booger
Jan 18, 2012
This book is truly the work of Satan. On the very first page they are graphing quadratics. That is way too advanced for kids who are still giving apples to their teachers and learning 2x2=4. Very reminiscent of the first Men in Black where Will Smith shoots the cut-out of the girl carrying advanced maths textbooks because they are too advanced for her age.

Something is up, and surely it is not holy.

naem
May 29, 2011

A reminder that according to the bible this is what angels actually look like, the good guys are just as terrifying

Don't look at the last one directly or you'll combust

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Mr.Tophat posted:

Do whatever you want!

Just don't invoke the first gate unless you know that your poo poo will be ruined if you don't assemble the symbols correctly, and you know.

The rest of the information is gunna be in the book I guess??? Lavey in pastel colours maybe?

these guys aren't laveyan satanists, they're general millenial liberal atheists that embrace satan for the absurdity.

the different satanic temples are all feuding now because these guys have been getting so much press, and the older ones are like "wahh these guys aren't actually satanists" but whatever these guys are funny i like them and laveyan satanism is just objectivism so gently caress that anyways http://www.metrotimes.com/Blogs/archives/2014/09/16/rival-satanic-factions-feud-in-detroit

hail satan.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i live near their first branch in detroit and i think i'm gonna join them.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Hail Satan.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Christmas Miracle posted:

did you stop at their table at dally in the alley

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Am I correct in my assessment that Satanism is just Ayn Rand bullshit but with an extra dosage of NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD!?

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Am I correct in my assessment that Satanism is just Ayn Rand bullshit but with an extra dosage of NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD!?

it's more complicated than that, read a thread before posting in it, thanks

Future Mrs Booger
Jan 18, 2012

ashgromnies posted:

these guys aren't laveyan satanists, they're general millenial liberal atheists that embrace satan for the absurdity.

the different satanic temples are all feuding now because these guys have been getting so much press, and the older ones are like "wahh these guys aren't actually satanists" but whatever these guys are funny i like them and laveyan satanism is just objectivism so gently caress that anyways http://www.metrotimes.com/Blogs/archives/2014/09/16/rival-satanic-factions-feud-in-detroit

hail satan.

I unironically love this. Like truly.

Here we have a bunch of dudes who started anti-religions using Satanic imagery to get people's goats, but then fight each other like a real religion. Will we be seeing the first Satanic Holy War in 2014 or 2015. I kinda hope so.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

naem posted:

Don't look at the last one directly or you'll combust

ah poo poo he put the text below what i wasnt supposed to look at looks like this is the end for me *poof*

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ashgromnies posted:

did you stop at their table at dally in the alley

no, i have a friend who did. we didn't make it to the dally this year but he had literature from their table lol

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Christmas Miracle posted:

you really think you're ready to join The Dark Carnival?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

no that's icp which is a different religious group entirely

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
satan is p cool i guess but tbh most satanists are like wiccans or pagans they're a bunch of fat lesbians/nerds trying to be interesting instead of doing something typical like worshipining jesus/allah

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Ok this thing is brilliant.

naem
May 29, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

this exactly plus some naive and incorrectly performed sort of pagan idolatry, which isn't actually related at all it's just spooky

Again the good guys are just as spooky

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

actually if you're liberal you're probably more philosophically aligned with these particular people (the satanic temple) than any other religion

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

bonin'

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Liberals are idiots what a shocker

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Those are nice values to teach children and the parents in those books let their kids decorate the house like Alice Cooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

Liberals are idiots what a shocker

That reminds me, I read a children's book about Ramadan the other day.

• Locked thread