Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
That's amazing.

Great work by the Satanic Temple. They keep outdoing themselves.

Can't wait to read about how christians are reacting to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

dj_clawson posted:

No way! LaVey spent a whole paragraph explaining how Satanists were not secular humanists in his bible, though I think it comes down to secular humanists not being able to kill white wizards with an orgasm, whatever the hell that means.

These Satanists have nothing to do with LaVey.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Sounds like that angel had a chainsaw.

Satanism is the next logical step for militant atheists. Don't be afraid. Embrace your assholery, assholes! :unsmith:

I don't see how the Satanists are being more assholes than the Christians. I mean, the Christians have been distributing their fake propaganda poo poo to innocent children for centuries now.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It is the next, logical, step. After all, the way to win an ideological battle is to be a bigger rear end in a top hat than your opponent, especially if you can be passive-aggressive about it.

The whole idea is to show the christians how annoying they are to others. If they taste their own poison maybe they will stop pushing their stupidity around so others stop doing the same to them.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)

monkey posted:

People saying "These guys have nothing to with the LaVey guys" need to check their facts.

Here is a good place to start: http://www.vice.com/read/unmasking-lucien-greaves-aka-doug-mesner-leader-of-the-satanic-temple

tldr they are based on the same proto-nazi source material, but Greaves filtered out even more of it to make it palatable for secular humanists.

I read all of that and understood pretty much the opposite of your tl;dr. While LaVey's Church of Satan was based on self glorification and hedonism, the Satanic Temple is based on altruism and protesting superstitious non-sense. It's not more filtered out, it's a different movement, much more mature and secular.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
There were for sure a lot of people called "Jesus" on that area on that time. Or Yeoshua or whatever the equivalent to Jesus in hebrew is.

The thing is: was any of them the Jesus from the bible that would walk on water and raise the dead? No, of course not.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)

Last Buffalo posted:

Probably. Point is, there's no written accounts of them during their lifetime and no more proof they were around than Jesus, you ugly retard.

There are written accounts of both of them during their lifetimes. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)

Last Buffalo posted:

Probably. Point is, there's no written accounts of them during their lifetime and no more proof they were around than Jesus, you ugly retard.

I was bothered that I didn't provide a source so here is a good source about Socrates: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/socrates/#ThrPriSouAriXenPla talking about three people that knew socrates during his lifetime and wrote about him in different perspectives.

The argument that says we don't know whether socrates really existed or not is bogus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)

Tiler Kiwi posted:

yeah well jesus is in a book, and that book is called the bible, i suggest you get to reading it before the big guy upstairs gives you the ultimate pop quiz

Who wrote that?

• Locked thread