Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I'm assuming these folks don't actually believe in the existence of the necronomicon, which kind of raises some questions about what they do believe

so I wikipediad it and it's kind of cute

quote:

The Satanic Temple, based in New York, represents a variety of Satanism that uses the literary Satan as a mythological foundation for a non-supernatural religion,[45] which it believes can be used to construct a cultural narrative that can usefully contextualize life experiences and promote pragmatic skepticism, rational reciprocity, personal autonomy, and curiosity.
like if they were theistic satanists that'd be funny, and I'd probably make fun of laveyan satanists as well, but this basically just sounds like using satan as a cultural reference point as loose guidelines for a healthy rationalist lifestyle, and the pop-culture stuff is just symbolism and window dressing. tenuous approval, satan trolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
angels are hunks with wings you dumbies

Cubone
May 26, 2011

naem posted:

Nope sorry. That was made up completely by artists. Angels are described specifically several times in scripture and like, holy poo poo.

wrong my aunt saw one on an airplane and it was a hunky man

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Gum posted:

51A young man, wearing nothing but a linen garment, was following Jesus. When they seized him, 52he fled naked, leaving his garment behind.

53Also a clown was there 54Honk honk, the clown said to Jesus' followers 55And he too fled, his shoes squeaking along

• Locked thread