Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

hail santa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

does it make you a fedora wearing "heh sky wizard :smug:" reddit atheist if you think these guys are kinda cool

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

the prospect of fundies thinking they are literal goat-sacrificing satan worshippers makes them a little funnier than spaghetti monster people in my opinion

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

IRQ posted:

Does that answer sheet say that Audi means Satan?

my knowledge of the cars is that it's the latin command form of "to listen"

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i would love to see a gritty movie about the real life of jesus* where he's essentially a magic man con artist shyster like the guys in india

*probably never actually existed irl

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Cream_Filling posted:

pretty much every historian agrees that he did exist

there are also extremely compelling arguments that he didn't

http://rationalrevolution.net/articles/jesus_myth_history.htm

http://www.rationalrevolution.net/articles/jesus_myth_followup.htm

(these are pro-reads for anyone actually interested, i've read them both a few times in their entirety over the years)

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Cream_Filling posted:

yeah i get all my history from the internet, gently caress all them professor bitches

the arguments on those links i posted from rational-revolution.lol.com stand on their own. g.a. wells and robert price have also written good and convincing books on the subject. the "consensus" arguments that jesus definitely existed, meanwhile, are not very satisfying in comparison. believe what you want though, appeals to authority and "lol internet spergs" and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Cream_Filling posted:

yees im going to ignore experts who spend decades studying primary texts and archaeology and instead spend hours of my own time reading someones html page filled with bible quotes

youve become what you hate most dude

just keep waving that hand

• Locked thread