Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's become pretty much impossible to create custom GTS serves like in Generations 1-5. With the shutdown of the DS online services even the old GTS servers are now defunct. This makes getting the old event legendaries like Arceus a near impossible task because the security protection for the 3DS picks up the Action Replay and any hacked pokemon are unable to be exported out of the cartridge. So they only way you could do it would be to bring in a legal one or a proper legit clone from the GTS server and then transfer it over to the Pokebank.

Also America is still getting really lovely event pokemon. The Pinsir and Heracross event was kinda bullshit and you had gamestop trying to con people for preorders.

Seriously any cool legendaries seem to be just Japan only. I mean we're not even getting the 4th Arceus event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
pokemon is a goddman freak show

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zen death robot posted:

So are the two of you

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
>tfw you own an 8 y/o in pokebattle @toys r us waiting for your shiny dragonite event

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
who literally cares none of the fun or cool pokemon are the lovely overdesigned legendaries anyways

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

who literally cares none of the fun or cool pokemon are the lovely overdesigned legendaries anyways

*deeply inhales*

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mabels big day posted:

*deeply inhales*

lol

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

mabels big day posted:

*deeply inhales*

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

It really pissed me off and when I missed the meloetta event I gave up on trying to complete the pokedex since the loving event will probably pop up like once every four years if Im lucky. The stupid celebi event also got hosed for me since I activated it on pokebank, and then wanted to restart my game before I claimed it, which makes it lost forever lol...

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
phew i hadn't seen a TTR thread in awhile, i thought something bad happened

also I haven't found pokemon fun since gold, i've played them but i just get bored around the 4th gym

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

It really pissed me off and when I missed the meloetta event I gave up on trying to complete the pokedex since the loving event will probably pop up like once every four years if Im lucky. The stupid celebi event also got hosed for me since I activated it on pokebank, and then wanted to restart my game before I claimed it, which makes it lost forever lol...

this happened to me too, gamer. stay strong.

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

:regd08:

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's become pretty much impossible to create custom GTS serves like in Generations 1-5.

Good.

Idgaf if you just want to have a legendary you can't get otherwise for shits and giggles, but hacking in cheap competition Pokemon was always the biggest use for that sort of bullshit.

Burn in hell, hacked Pokemon.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The 3DS isn't broken. Why would the game have been broken effectively?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Thankfully save editing is actually sorta possible now.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

bukkits posted:

Good.

Idgaf if you just want to have a legendary you can't get otherwise for shits and giggles, but hacking in cheap competition Pokemon was always the biggest use for that sort of bullshit.

Burn in hell, hacked Pokemon.

god forbid people without the autism to ride a bike back and forth for six hours actually play on the game and not on lovely websites online

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
6hrs? try like 600

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i tried to play the latest pokemon online once. got wrecked by a guy that had hatched thousands of eggs and immediately quit. i cant even fanthom the levels of sperg neccesary to play the multiplayer for that fame

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

6hrs? try like 600

accurate

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If playing on wifi just use Swagkey as an opener and watch everyone forfeit

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Widestancer posted:

i just looked up what this is and holy poo poo it's hilarious, what a dick setup

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

Minrad posted:

god forbid people without the autism to ride a bike back and forth for six hours actually play on the game and not on lovely websites online

I mean if you want to hatch eggs like that, whatever, but you could also just stick em in your party and go find something fun elsewhere in the game

If you don't want to put any work into getting the end result then why should anyone enable you to just cheat it in? Nobody owes you that convenience

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

bukkits posted:

I mean if you want to hatch eggs like that, whatever, but you could also just stick em in your party and go find something fun elsewhere in the game

If you don't want to put any work into getting the end result then why should anyone enable you to just cheat it in? Nobody owes you that convenience

What if youve already found everything/done everything in game and just want to battle people online? The only reasonable way atm is to just use a simulator (which is what I do)

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

Widestancer posted:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

bukkits posted:

im going to judge u as being named after the minecraft mod... talk to the hand bitch.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
I unironically just broke Pokemon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's become pretty much impossible to create custom GTS serves like in Generations 1-5. With the shutdown of the DS online services even the old GTS servers are now defunct. This makes getting the old event legendaries like Arceus a near impossible task because the security protection for the 3DS picks up the Action Replay and any hacked pokemon are unable to be exported out of the cartridge. So they only way you could do it would be to bring in a legal one or a proper legit clone from the GTS server and then transfer it over to the Pokebank.

Also America is still getting really lovely event pokemon. The Pinsir and Heracross event was kinda bullshit and you had gamestop trying to con people for preorders.

Seriously any cool legendaries seem to be just Japan only. I mean we're not even getting the 4th Arceus event.

Thankfully I already uploaded all my GTS hacked legendaries to the pokemon bank.

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

Minrad posted:

im going to judge u as being named after the minecraft mod... talk to the hand bitch.

I'm not... but good point. I really need to get a name change

surc
Aug 17, 2004

this lovely taint reaper thread needs to get back on the fast track to success.

E: You will notice there are no pokemon.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

• Locked thread