Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

First of all if your regdate isn't old enough to have its own custom SAmote, then don't bother because it isn't worth a drat thing. So obviously only vintage accounts will have any kind of real value, the older the better. I would estimate a top-tier (literally perfect stats) forums account from 01 or earlier could fetch into the thousands, with value diminishing considerably based on time alone. Then we could assume some kind of point value for the rap sheet, here are my ideas:

+ $10 for each probation
+ $50 for each ban
(+ $15 additional if the probate/ban is from Lowtax himself)
+ $100 for a permaban recovery
- $25 if Aatrek probated you
- $50 if you ever posted in BYOB or GBS

Anyway there are probably more qualifiers we could come up with, for certain different people will have their own tastes affecting what they perceive as valuable in a forums account. Still it would interesting to know as I am currently calculating all of my assets for tax and insurance purposes what kind of price I could fetch if I ever decided to ebay my vintage '04 account with respectable posting credentials.

For myself, I think $870 would be a pretty reasonable price to set the reserve at. What do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

it is worth literally nothing

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's worth nothing, much like your life, and mine

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Nothing.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'll sell you mine for $300.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
You don't even have plat. That's like -$1000 tbh

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ruby got Railed posted:

it is worth literally nothing

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Everything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Valuable.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

value should be based on the order in which you joined, like ICQ

what are user id numbers up to now for new regs, like over a million?

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
:regd10:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Whats that number higher than zero again? Oh yeah super zero.

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
taking offers, OP

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Jimson posted:

Whats that number higher than zero again? Oh yeah super zero.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I'm motherfucking Jesus Christ and I registered in '99 I think (though it says '00) and unfortunately my ban history only goes back to '05 but I'm pretty sure I was also the first person banned on this forum.

Internet street cred or something.

what have i done with my life

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
-$25

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I think like $30. I can't remember if I have no ads. That might make it 40.(E: No ads is only 5 I guess; I don't have it anyway.30 it is) Add in savings from coupons and it probably goes up dramatically.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 17, 2014

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Apparently I owe someone $50 for posting here?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Who got the oldest account? Going by account ID number doesn't seem to work. Trying to see users that registered before Lowtacks.

Molog
Mar 4, 2004
Title text
Probably I could sell it for $10.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
$420.69

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Is that a total bounty for bans?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

$14.88

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I got a bunch of bans and the permaban on my rap sheet but it's missing a poo poo load from before when the lepers colony wasn't automated and all the bans were hand posted.

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
i can't put a price tag on something so precious

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Over 9000

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My account is worth ten times the worth of your thread. So what 10*0??

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmm well, what are some other inherently funny numbers?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
eh using your math adding in the money people spent changing my av -80$'

what value is added by having low tax change my account name?

TOILETLORD fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 17, 2014

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
What's the dollar value on having Lowtax post WOW in your thread and then immediately gas it?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.
placeholder so i can tabulate my rap sheet.

edit:

original regisration = $10
27 bans = $270 dollars

so, i've spent at least $280. plus i've had plat and archives at various times over the years, plus have bought myself a custom title or six.

concervatively, lowtax has got about $350 from me on this account. you're welcome.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

saame

FagtasticalMondays
Oct 10, 2013

I don't know but I value myself less as a human being for having one..

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
10 big ones

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Its good for killing time in the office snd between sets at the gym thats pretty much it.

My first account was an 04 but I lost pw or got banned or something so here I am w a gay rear end 08

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I would say that my account (with plat) was worth exactly -$20 except that I have a super rare red pill plat symbol randomly awarded to me by Lowtax himself which bumps my account's worth up to at least -$16.35

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

placeholder so i can tabulate my rap sheet.

edit:

original regisration = $10
27 bans = $270 dollars

so, i've spent at least $280. plus i've had plat and archives at various times over the years, plus have bought myself a custom title or six.

concervatively, lowtax has got about $350 from me on this account. you're welcome.

Your rap sheet has two pages, lmao

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
You're forgetting account depreciation factors. Most of the accounts here are like ratty old crackhouses with a dead bum in the basement.

Dream on, market-savvy goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like my username and I have plat so I'd probably sell it to some willing goon for -$5

• Locked thread