Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

First of all if your regdate isn't old enough to have its own custom SAmote, then don't bother because it isn't worth a drat thing. So obviously only vintage accounts will have any kind of real value, the older the better. I would estimate a top-tier (literally perfect stats) forums account from 01 or earlier could fetch into the thousands, with value diminishing considerably based on time alone. Then we could assume some kind of point value for the rap sheet, here are my ideas:

+ $10 for each probation
+ $50 for each ban
(+ $15 additional if the probate/ban is from Lowtax himself)
+ $100 for a permaban recovery
- $25 if Aatrek probated you
- $50 if you ever posted in BYOB or GBS

Anyway there are probably more qualifiers we could come up with, for certain different people will have their own tastes affecting what they perceive as valuable in a forums account. Still it would interesting to know as I am currently calculating all of my assets for tax and insurance purposes what kind of price I could fetch if I ever decided to ebay my vintage '04 account with respectable posting credentials.

For myself, I think $870 would be a pretty reasonable price to set the reserve at. What do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread