Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm trying to convince my friend to join the Somethingawful forums. He's resistant to the idea ("I see no reason why I would want to talk to people I don't already know") but I think he would really have a good time. That statement alone seems like proof that he is a perfect fit for the forums.
Obviously he isn't taking my word for it, though, so I call upon my fellow goons to post your most shining testimonials for why he should shell out the $10 to join Somethingawful.
I'm linking him to this thread so, reast assured, he's out there, scrolling past a wall of "World's Best Grandma" ads to read what you have to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
hello.jpg

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
he shouldn't and you are a bad friend

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
hello, Applewhite's friend. i'm going to gently caress you. i'm going to gently caress you right in the rear end. i'm going to gently caress you in the rear end so hard, Applewhite's friend.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

unless theres some new referral program where you get things from SAHQ for signing up new people you really shouldnt do this.

friend, your firend is an idiot. run away

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
shoot him and have sex with the corpse ftw. then kill yourself

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
SA mart, coupons, subforum information can generally be golden (like real poo poo, cars, guns, computers, not all that other crap), I got referred to literally the best lawyer in my entire state through SA which I would have never found because he hasn't advertised in 10 years.

there ya go

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
You'll get a cool av like mine and everyone will laugh at you and call you a basement-dwelling virgin loser.

What I'm saying is, welcome home Applewhite's friend.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
New members must:

be cucked
eat the eggs
visit doob
buy bitcoins

good luck jerk

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow
It's like reddit only they make you pay five dollars if you want to change your display pic!

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
you'll never leave

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

New members must:

be cucked
eat the eggs
visit doob
buy bitcoins

good luck jerk

they also need to be gay

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
i post here so that is a plus

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SA is a portal into the best content and meme's on the internet. Infact the sites tagline goes as such: "Now you're thinking with portals".

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 17, 2014

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
imho

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Digital Fingers posted:

SA is a portal into the best content and meme's on the internet. Infact the sites tagline goes as such: "Now you're thinking with portals".

HOLY poo poo you loving dick head you loving messed up my double post combo you poo poo head i will murder you.....

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
WOOF!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

have you shown your friend the dangit ron paul thread? i hear it is the only place on the web to find an LP in english of said game

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

a starwar betamax posted:

HOLY poo poo you loving dick head you loving messed up my double post combo you poo poo head i will murder you.....

I'll just quote your post into the top of my post for you buddy!

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Applewhite posted:

I'm trying to convince my friend to join the Somethingawful forums. He's resistant to the idea ("I see no reason why I would want to talk to people I don't already know") but I think he would really have a good time. That statement alone seems like proof that he is a perfect fit for the forums.
Obviously he isn't taking my word for it, though, so I call upon my fellow goons to post your most shining testimonials for why he should shell out the $10 to join Somethingawful.
I'm linking him to this thread so, reast assured, he's out there, scrolling past a wall of "World's Best Grandma" ads to read what you have to say.

lol people believes the op has a friend

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Digital Fingers posted:

Good job showcasing this forum's teamwork and camraderie!

jackyl posted:

lol people believes the op has a friend

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Digital Fingers posted:

thanks man, sorry i really "went off of the handle" on you back there.... it was a pretty screwed up thing to do.... havent had my coffee yet this morning and sometimes I can be a real bear... as was evedenced by my behavior up there

CaptainButtSmack
Oct 21, 2008
tell your friend how some users end up like Caro, like it's an inevitability

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

thanks man, sorry i really "went off of the handle" on you back there.... it was a pretty screwed up thing to do.... havent had my coffee yet this morning and sometimes I can be a real bear... as was evedenced by my behavior up there

Don't sweat it man! These things happen to the best of us, i'm quite the grumpy gus myself if i don't get my coffee, haha, if you know what i mean, haha.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Digital Fingers posted:

Don't sweat it man! These things happen to the best of us, i'm quite the grumpy gus myself if i don't get my coffee, haha, if you know what i mean, haha.

heh... yes I think i do know what you mean!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if he joins or she joins or IT joins i will call the creature a homo human being and perhaps sprinkle in a little race-related humor like "what do you call a group of black astronauts? niggas on the moon now available for purchase on itunes"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
forum user THE PENETRATOR makes an interesting contribution...

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
The forums made me gay.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

be sure to send your friend an informative brochure on the cuck meme, including information on where it came from, what its about, and what the future holds for the cuck meme.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

this should be enough to convince him OP

:nms::nws:http://i.imgur.com/Bj2YwRk.gif:nws::nms:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

forum user THE PENETRATOR makes an interesting contribution...

just tryin' to lighten this place up a little bit maybe get some people to spend money on music for once

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Hello there, non-goon. SA can be a scary place, so I offer some advice.

1) Get an anime av. Everyone on the forums love anime (some people even call it something anime). The younger the anime girl, the better.

2) Buy platinum. You get a little grenade next to your head, saying that your the bomb. You can also use PMs and searches which are invaluable resources I use every day.

3) Be gay

4) :justpost: The important thing is your post count. The more posts made = higher post count = higher quality posts.

5) Use emotions. We have a ton of versatile smilies that allow you to visually show to your fellow posters what you are feeling. :henget:

6) Goku. In every poll option, vote goku and put that you voted goku in the thread. That's how people will know your funny.

7) Be gay.

Follow my 7 step program, and you will be an SA superstar in no time!

I am not responsible in any way if you get banned, probated, or any way maimed or killed.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
forums.somethingawful.com gave me diarrhea.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

THE PENETRATOR posted:

just tryin' to lighten this place up a little bit maybe get some people to spend money on music for once

actualy.... the best thing about being a member here is access to the member's only bootleg music CD swap forum...

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

InterFaced posted:

forums.somethingawful.com gave me diarrhea.

ok this type of humor is juvenile and "played out"..... it cant even be called shock humor any more because the joke has been made so many times..... sigh... we try to bring fresh new viewpoints to things around here and if youve been a member for.... whoa, 10 YEARS.... and you still havent figured that out, well i just dont know what to say to you in that situation

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

ok this type of humor is juvenile and "played out"..... it cant even be called shock humor any more because the joke has been made so many times..... sigh... we try to bring fresh new viewpoints to things around here and if youve been a member for.... whoa, 10 YEARS.... and you still havent figured that out, well i just dont know what to say to you in that situation

I'm sorry let me try again.

I'm gay.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Haha why would you pay $10 to join an internet forum? I just don't get it!

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

InterFaced posted:

I'm gay.

similarly to you, im also gay

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

InterFaced posted:

I'm gay.

just so you know, this is the second time my cursor has hovered over the report button for one of your posts.... i woulnt try me a third time,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morally Inept
Mar 5, 2012

by XyloJW
Nobody has ever lost a fingat joining SA....

• Locked thread