Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Rufus Ping posted:

I walked around happy as a kite when I realized that my talent for marketing, entrepreneurship and design would soon make me a billionaire.

:pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

We went back and forth for about 6 months with the "give it all away" part - mostly as I struggled and fought myself, because doing so would mean that I would never become a billionaire.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

as the founder I decided to give myself just two priviledges: the right to set my own salary for as long as I'm involved with the company and my pension thereafter (don't worry, I doubt I'll ever make even 10% of what Tim Cook does, or more than 1 or 2% of the 10 million a day I would have made, like Gates, Zuckerberg and many others, had I kept the company for myself). All I need is a decent house, car and money to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle. I don't need a 10 bedroom mansion, 5 supercars and a 200 foot yacht. In fact, chances are that after I buy a couple of houses for the elderly members of my family, and after I pay for my own, I'll end up making even less than what I just described.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what the f*ck

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

a real human being

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

<meta property=”og:title” content=”The billion dollar company owned by YOU!”/>

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

judging by this guy's story and many others, it's insanely easy to make a decent living as a "small business owner" if you're a sociopath

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

human is creating the world's most awesome smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, wireless headphones, virtual reality headsets, and in a few years even augmented reality contacts!

is this a typo or does he actually mean to say that they are creating all hardware

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Rufus Ping posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thisishuman/

lol at every post being made by the one guy

This was actually Elon Musk and you guys scared him away with your skepticism and downvotes and weird messages.

Yes, I actually got Elon Musk to register on reddit.

Yes, the next richest man in the world.

Yes, after just 10 days in public.

Yes, I can do anything.

Have you not been paying attention? :)

If you don't believe me the reddit CEO /u/yishan[1] will confirm the posts came from Palo Alto. And you can also ask Elon yourself on twitter. But I think you guys have already done enough asking.

Good job guys. You did a GREAT job with Boston and ruined some poor kid's life and now you're at it again.

I will apologize to Elon on your behalf and ask him to come back here and join /r/thisishuman[2] and /r/space[3] . I think (hope) I will be successful. Give me a few months I will go meet him in Palo Alto. :)

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

>I would suggest your understanding on the physics of time is a little off.

Our scientific community's understanding of physics and time is EXTREMELY off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKHUaNAxsTg

>And the "time-space illusion" is little more than a catch phrase to describe some pretty fringe theories. Maya, dream, Matrix etc don't exist

If it didn't exist you wouldn't be writing this right now and I wouldn't be responding to it. :) I guarantee you we are living in a dream and that the afterlife is real. I saw my own grandfather the night he died, and I had no idea he was dying. In over 10,000 nights (30 years), this is the one and only time I've seen a relative standing over my bed as I slept. Millions of people who have had out of body experience and floated through walls and ceilings will confirm that there is no such thing as matter. There is a REASON the Hindus have been teaching this for FIVE THOUSAND YEARS. Tell me, how did they know about subatomic particles before Jesus was even BORN? Can't answer, can you? They knew because their understanding of the universe BLEW OURS AWAY.

>just like gods

You know, I used to say the exact same thing, word for word. Not I know better. God, the creator of all things, DOES exist. Higher dimensional super intelligent beings (who we call angels) DO exist. Try telling anybody who's ever tried DMT that they aren't real. :) Also, if they don't exist, would you mind telling me how it is that I heard a voice in my head that saved me from death within a fraction of a second? And how this actually happened several times? Our science is poo poo. It isn't bad.. it is poo poo. We are too stupid to even know how stupid and wrong we REALLY are, which is VEEERRRYY stupid and VERRRRYYY wrong.

With respect to the keeping of time.. I don't believe anybody in the future will pay much attention to it at all. With the advent of new technologies, sleep will no longer be a necessity in a few decades time. Also, our lifespans will no longer be limited by time - our lives will stretch into the centuries and beyond. The keeping of time will become meaningless.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i felt bad for wanting to internet-diagnose him with schizophrenia before but now it's just obvious and sad

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Our initial phones will be priced between Nexus and Galaxy. In the future we will release flagship phones that are more expensive and super cheap phones that are less expensive.

ok so yeah they're going to make hardware too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Sham bam bamina! posted:

and a real hero

thank you

• Locked thread