Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
John Everyman, Human

Description: John Everyman, Human wears a long coat, hat, glove, dark sunglasses, and anything else needed to completely cover his features, leaving his face a mystery. His height ranges from anywhere in 5 to 6 feet, seeming to change daily or even hourly, depending on local humidity and available water rations. The man walks with a swaying and clumsy gait, which he simply insists was from an injury received 'during the war'. His voice is surprisingly high, and he can be heard frequently mumbling to himself as if in conference before giving answers in conversation. He's rather amiable and quite interested in improving his interpersonal skills, though he can be slow in making decisions and slower to move at times.

Reason: If asked about his reasons for adventuring, John simply insists that it's a large world out there, and with so much to see, what's the point of living in some dank cave? There has to be more interesting things to see, and certainly better things to eat than whatever they happen to find on the floor.

Traits: Healthy, Disguise, Explosion, Kung-Fu, Shoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

John Everyman, Human

John shuffles along with the others as they regard the path ahead, dangers and such abound. It was exciting. He hums and haws quietly for a few moments as he sways in place, before speaking out. "Goblins are dangerous? I've never met one. Can I look like one for tricks?" He turns about in place as he scans the surroundings before he starts to mash his gloved hands into his face, molding.

Sorry about the delay. Tail end of a trip.
I'll take a liberal interpretation of disguise and try to look like a goblin.
Rolled a 7, so one difficulty point.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

John Everyman, Human

John pulls his hat and face wrap off, seeming proud of himself, until he notices the reaction from Sister Benedicta. He touches his mess of a face in alarm. "Oh. Oh no! My, uh...allergies!" he gasps, before muttering to himself in congratulations for such a quick and convincing excuse.

He whirls about towards the Goblin as directed. "I can help again!" he cheerfully proclaims, lifting his arm. A large glob of acidic slime shoots from his coat sleeve at the monster, as well as just about in every direction.

Rolled a 4 on shoot! Attack fails! 1 difficulty point.

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 23, 2014

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

John Everyman, Human

John's gut lets out a little squeal as the bolt sticks into it, and a hushed chorus of voices start excitedly chattering from under his coat. "No, no! We remember goblins now! Nasty! Taste bad! Friends duck and cover tender areas, please!"

His other arm lifts and his misshapen face screws up in concentration as two more blobs of slime spew from his coat, one purple and one red. They splut! together among the arriving goblins and begin to react, before exploding violently in a shower of corrosive, foul smelling goo.

Explosion! Hit on a 6. +2 minimum and have to use next round. Claim 3 value points.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

John Everyman, Human

"Come on, lady! More explosions happening! Not done yet! Have to go!" John excitedly warns Benedicta as he waves her on towards the portal like a third base coach. He rushes in after Tem into the courtyard while the goo splatters around and continues to explode behind them.

Explosion pt 2 hits on 8. Capture 3 value points. +2 minimum, have to use next turn

I was re-reading Explosion and the wording can suggest that it keeps happening until a failure. Does it just keep happening after initial use?

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 24, 2014

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Jon Joe posted:

Yes, but it gets progressively harder to succeed. If the challenge ends, though, you can stop exploding.

Ok, so it's more of a thing to use when the challenge is close to being over.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

John Everyman, Human

"LOOK OUT!" John shouts at everyone assembled, Goblin included, as he charges forward and dives for cover as the explosions continue behind them, all the while getting closer and closer.

Failed on a 4! Challenge gains 5 difficulty points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

John Everyman, Human

John looks up and blinks as the ceiling starts to collapse. "We...uh, we should leave! We have the orb, right? Time to go!"

He moves hurriedly towards the doorway, looking nervously back at the others.

Sorry for the delay. We grabbed all the value points now, didn't we?

• Locked thread