Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Sister M. Benedicta

Description: Benedicta has had a religious awakening, after having been banished from her convent for unconventional practices and literal interpretations of dogma. She still heretically wears the vestments of her church. She is an average looking, shapely woman in her mid twenties; with a saintly well of patience belying terrifying zealotry. Her intent is to lend aid in any way she can, but should the situation warrant, she has skills to the alternative.

Reason: To visit the holy hand upon those who may need, and bring holy vengeance on those who'd dare not listen.

Traits: Perfect, Tithe, Heal, Shoot, Diplomacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
I figured you may want something that challenges the system a little bit. That said, how would a success change the payment? I figured the interaction would basically force a free -3 or -1, but only once per scene.

All that said, how exactly does challenger work? Are the -2's cumulative? Does that go for things like Kung-fu as well?

wtsnaename fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 18, 2014

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!

Sister M. Benedicta

The clergywoman watches agape as Tem strolls haplessly along the path full of traps. Surely, he was managing just fine at his beleaguered pace, but the goblins would soon arrive to greet him. Their four hour walk to this destination had taught her not to trust him to maintain cordiality were he to bump into a patrol.

"Instead of poking along for traps, Sir Magicsword, why don't you ferret us a way past all of them? Certainly that's within the scope of your magics, and a much finer use of your skills?" the frocked woman continues, "Not to mention, we haven't the time for this particular course, with the patrols about."

Diplomacy: 2d6 7
Success: The target is more friendly towards you. Capture 2 Value Points.

(I recognize that Tem is not exactly an enemy but diplomacy seems to fit here to bolster his motivation. If not, just say so!)

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Sister M. Benedicta

Benedicta grimaces as the trap claps upon Tem's leg with a sickening crunch. This was hardly the way to begin their mission. She sidles up next to the old man, trying her best to ignore the fact that their other compatriot's face was seemingly melting. She pulls out her holy symbol and brings its barrel to the chain tethering Tem to the ground.

"If you can deal with the coming Goblin, friend, I'll do my best to deal with this."

Using Shoot, At All Costs; skipping this round to take -2 to the Minimum and +1 Value Point next round with a success.

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Sister M. Benedicta

Bang!

The Holy Sound tolls throughout the area as the situation begins to heat up. The chain snaps by divine command, and clatters to the ground. The jaws of the beartrap still cling to the old Wizard's leg. Taking mind to adjust her habit, she wraps an arm around Tem's waist and offers his surprising weight support. She peers about as acidic globs begin bursting about the oncoming goblins, and themselves.

"So, about that escape route?"

Shoot, At All Costs: 2d6 7 Claim 3 Value Points

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Did I collect those points? Misread, apologies.

wtsnaename fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 24, 2014

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Sister M. Benedicta

The woman reels a bit as the gibs strike her, though the strange man with his acidic explosions was right. There was no time to waste. Muttering a quick prayer, perhaps not thorough enough, she follows through the portal.

Fail on Heal

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Sister M. Benedicta

"By no means, foul creature, is the Orb yours."

The priestess raises her weapon, and a sound rings out, the Goblin no worse for wear. The shot goes horribly wide.

"Obviously this awful beast is protected by some horrible demon!"

Shoot 2d6 3
Challenge gains 1 Difficulty Point

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Sister M. Benedicta

Of course, it was not some horrible devilry protecting the Goblin; it was the Orb itself! How blind she was being, and many prayers would be sent for wisdom in the future.

With that, the clergywoman whispers a prayer into the vessel of her absolution.

At All Costs Shoot; skip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Yes, but unless I understand incorrectly you need to clear all the difficulty points before you can close the scene?

• Locked thread