Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

D-d-downloading now. Get psyched :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"

Verviticus posted:

if we're begging for spare keys in this thread this is a game i definitely can't afford that I'd kill to be able to play

whats the origin of all the keys? people just donating extra on kickstarter?

Yeah, for my pledge I got a physical copy of the game as well as 2 keys for the digital version

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

gallilee posted:

Check your PM in 2 minutes :)

EDIT: YOu don't have PMs, how can I send you this steam key then?

Get his steam ID and just chat with him through that?

I am buying the poo poo out of this game in about 3 minutes or so.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

gallilee posted:

Check your PM in 2 minutes :)

EDIT: YOu don't have PMs, how can I send you this steam key then?

/// snipped out ///

Gallilee, you're a wonderful human being :)

Davfff fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 19, 2014

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
8.1GB update incoming.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

gallilee posted:

Yeah, for my pledge I got a physical copy of the game as well as 2 keys for the digital version

ah thats neat. well, if there are any generous souls kicking about, i promise i'll make good use of one!

Airfoil posted:

8.1GB update incoming.

holy poo poo

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

For anyone wondering/on limited bandwidth, the patch for the Beta version clocks in at 8.1gb, meaning the actual download size should be roughly 13.5gb.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Here's the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn0B8fVfWFI

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"

Davfff posted:

You're a good man, can you e-mail me on ********* and you'll be forever in my heart <3

edit: Steam ID is davfff 'cause you're all smarter than me.

Mail sent! Have fun!

gallilee fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Sep 19, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
If anyone wants to do an even trade for my spare key, I'd take a copy of Middle-Earth: Shadows of Mordor, which can be purchased from Greenman Gaming for $37.99 with the current discount. Save $2!!!!1

PM me if you're interested.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
I'm downloading 8.1gb :aaa:

By all means if there is a goon who wants it give them precedent but I've got a friend who has been eager to play the game (because I keep telling him how awesome the beta is/was) who is extremely short on cash due to student loan BS but he's not a goon.
It's a shot in the dark but you can get ahold of me on Steam: Ants In My Eyes Johnson
Or if there's anything I've got you might be interested in trading for it, drop me a line.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Sep 19, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Syrant posted:

I'm downloading 8.1gb :aaa:

Same here.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I restarted Steam the second it went 5pm here (Australia) to force it to check. Fingers crossed it downloads by the time I'm back from tea with the in-laws!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Go faster Comcast

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The download is big enough that you wonder why there wasn't just a separate appid for preloading the whole game.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
See you guys in ~40 minutes :toot:

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Party Plane Jones posted:

The download is big enough that you wonder why there wasn't just a separate appid for preloading the whole game.

The released version of the game is only 5.6 GB somehow, which makes me head hurt when the Beta->retail patch is 8.1gb.

Edit:
And now comes the 8.1 GB release day patch. Now I'm kinda confused. But oh well.

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Good review from Eurogamer.
Can't wait to play this!!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-19-wasteland-2-review

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

Well, it will in five hours when my lovely connection finishes downloading it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I forgot to back this and bought it on Steam at launch. The game's in my list but hasn't been processed yet, for 20+ minutes now. I hope that happens soon.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

gallilee posted:

Mail sent! Have fun!

Just to re-iterate in a public forum, you're a good man :)

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Cavauro posted:

I forgot to back this and bought it on Steam at launch. The game's in my list but hasn't been processed yet, for 20+ minutes now. I hope that happens soon.

Have you done the usual Steam restart/deleting blob dance already?

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
e: nvm

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
You loving asshats, I'm stuck in college for 10+ hours, no game in sight, I just wanna go to LA and be a post-apoc movie star, why meeee :negative:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

VDay posted:

Have you done the usual Steam restart/deleting blob dance already?

Yeah, that didn't help out but thanks for the suggestion. I'll just check in tomorrow. Have fun dudes.

Pogo Stick Eagle
May 5, 2004

Strange, yet symbolically compelling.
Any chance a kind goon still has a key to spare? Just checking before I pull the plug on it, to be honest the guys deserve my $40 but oh well...

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, sure. Lemme check my second key.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

With all due respect, Fargo one of the best game designers, Mr British?

Now to make 30 gigs of space.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

LotsBread posted:

Yeah, sure. Lemme check my second key.

aw dang it

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
poo poo, will have to do this at home, ranger center's giving me the bugeye here in college. Sorry guy.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It appears you actually can load beta saves in the full version - does anyone know if they actually work, or will something break?

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Can't select 2560x1440 res. Highest it goes up to is 1920x1200. Also can't find any sort of settings file to edit manually. Any ideas?

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

FuzzySlippers posted:

Can't select 2560x1440 res. Highest it goes up to is 1920x1200. Also can't find any sort of settings file to edit manually. Any ideas?

Toggling full screen worked for me.

Brother None
Feb 25, 2013

On the line for InXile

Funnypost Collabo posted:

It appears you actually can load beta saves in the full version - does anyone know if they actually work, or will something break?
They will more than likely break stuff, and Arizona has seen significant overhaul/rebalance anyway

That said, if you have a save RIGHT AT THE END of Arizona, next to General Vargas, those tend to work.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Cavauro posted:

This is me right now. I was going to start the download and then go to sleep but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. :(

e: immediatly after posting that it took it off my steam list and the store said i didnt own it so i guess it hosed up processing but trying to buy it again worked so yay

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Sep 19, 2014

Sliquid
Feb 9, 2004

Be on, neon.

Verviticus posted:

aw dang it

I have a spare Steam key if you still need it. All kickstarter backers with any digital version were upgraded to Deluxe, and should have a second key for just the game.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Downloading now. Hope to see you all, in the Wasteland.

e: The world's going to become a Wasteland by the time this download's finished :suicide:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

gently caress! I knew there was something coming out this month I was excited for!

Don't suppose anyone wants to trade a key for a copy of Tropico 4 Complete, whatever TF2 crap I have and my love? :bigtran:

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Expect something to break. You might load the save, but some states (quest choices and whatnot) might not have been carried over and might gently caress you way down the line. But then again, it might not. I won't take the chance, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sliquid posted:

I have a spare Steam key if you still need it. All kickstarter backers with any digital version were upgraded to Deluxe, and should have a second key for just the game.

i would love it! i otherwise would have to wait until it goes on sale

i have PM or my steam is just http://steamcommunity.com/id/verviticus, not sure whats easiest

Furism posted:

Expect something to break. You might load the save, but some states (quest choices and whatnot) might not have been carried over and might gently caress you way down the line. But then again, it might not. I won't take the chance, personally.

do it/save it for later just in case some funny sequence breaking happens

• Locked thread