Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

It's been changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
I just pledged on the Torment page for that game & this one. Does anybody have an estimate how long it'll take them to process the whole thing so I can ranger some deserts?

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin
Pretty psyched for this! Any way to change a portrait once the game has started? It didn't take one of my .png's for some reason.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
A goon made this and posted it yesterday. Generally good tips!

But it looks like the intelligence/skill points ratio is no longer valid.

Anyone have an update?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I wish there were more portrait options.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Drifter posted:

it's not a bother, per se, but I like being able to tell the time and talk to my friends without alt-tabbing and whatnot. So, slightly annoying quality of life issue.

Also I just noted that it also prevents making screenshot. That bothers me some more.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
As a poor grad student it looks like it's worth a shot asking for a key here. Goonerosity really is amazing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Linking the exe through steam (beyond the default link) should be fairly trivial and solve the issue, right? Even if it's a bit inconvenient.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rinkles posted:

Linking the exe through steam (beyond the default link) should be fairly trivial and solve the issue, right? Even if it's a bit inconvenient.

First the portraits and now the overlay?

WASTEGATE 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

IchGestalt posted:

I wish there were more portrait options.

Here's a couple of galleries:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.781722505188171.1073741836.349361458424280&type=3

http://imgur.com/a/UurWv

http://imgur.com/a/mOlKE/all

Just save or drop any 256x256 jpg or png into your wasteland 2 custom portraits folder, should be in something like Documents\my games\Wasteland2\Custom Portraits :)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Anyone have an update?

Yeah oops, seems I chose some poor INT values in retrospect, I read the + and - on most of the other skills but ignored the skill per level notes for INT at character creation :downs:

This game is amazing, 00:30 and I'm not slowing down.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Drifter posted:

First the portraits and now the overlay?

WASTEGATE 2014

Tbf, it's more of a failing/oversight of Steam.

Though the fact that the steam drm is optional at all, is really cool.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Anyone have an update?

Yeah, sorry about that. All my info was based on the press review code. It seems they changed some stuff for the final release. I put a warning at the top of that document, and will update it once I check out the new values in an hour or two.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.781722505188171.1073741836.349361458424280&type=3

Just save or drop any 256x256 jpg or png into your wasteland 2 custom portraits folder, should be in something like Documents\my games\Wasteland2\Custom Portraits :)

Still missing the best portraits:

Otto Xander posted:

I don't think my newest batch of Rangers are the sharpest tools in the shed.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
That's amazing.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Still missing the best portraits:

This is the best. Where can I get these?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Kharmakazy posted:

This is the best. Where can I get these?

Here

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Somehow this game went entirely under my radar. Just read like 3 hours worth of posts from the previous thread. How did I not hear about this game before this. This sounds amazing. Ill have to wait for a steam sale or for people to start selling their extra codes for cheaper but I'm hoping someone will do a good lets play to tide me over till then

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Furism posted:

People are asking me about the localized version (namely, the French one). Will it remain English only? 550,000 is a lot of words to translate.

There are a number of languages listed. I'm playing in Spanish, which seems fine. Voiceover is in English, with Spanish subtitles.

I think they started the translation process well before the beta.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Needed more frank...

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Kharmakazy posted:

Needed more frank...

You're covered:

inscrutable horse posted:

A Fistful of Dannys

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Basically been media blackout of this game since it was announced. Purchasing tonight and going to :2bong: it up tonight in the Wasteland.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Is there any synergy on the skills? Like do you really need lockpick and safecracking on the same person? Mechanical repair and toaster repair on the same guy? Should you put perception and disarm trap on the same guy, or can you get along fine by having one guy spot, and the other disarm?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Is there any synergy on the skills? Like do you really need lockpick and safecracking on the same person? Mechanical repair and toaster repair on the same guy? Should you put perception and disarm trap on the same guy, or can you get along fine by having one guy spot, and the other disarm?

The only synergy is that you'll have the skills on the same hotbar.

So, yes, you can mix and match however you want.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Nice touch on the fake DLC

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'm having character creation paralysis. There are so many skills!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Levantine posted:

This + portrait and visual customization. So much choice! Why can't I have them all! What if I need a cowboy hat? Or to repair a toaster? Or to be a smart rear end while toasting some hats?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Levantine posted:

Tell me about it, I've already restarted once cause I was unhappy with my setup!

Keep in mind there are companion NPCs that can fill gaps out there though.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Levantine posted:

You should have enough skill points to go around, but some seem to scale up in difficulty faster than others, I found a couple of very hard safes for instance but no difficult alarms or regular locks yet.

Graphics driver crash at 6 hours play time, I think it's trying to tell me to go to sleep :(

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Whats a realistic number of skills to specialize in per ranger? 3? 4?

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Sight, did they really not remove joystick support from the game? I even sent them a detailed report about it. Now I have to hassle around and disable devices in the control panel because they didn't feel like unchecking a checkbox in unity.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

K I bought this game and I'm downloading it to my work computer. Video games at work!

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Am I dumb or can you not download a gallery of images from Facebook?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Peas and Rice posted:

Am I dumb or can you not download a gallery of images from Facebook?

File -> save page as

the resulting folder should have all the pictures in it. You'll have to sort out the portraits from the not portraits.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
This is out already? fuuuuck I had no idea

I won't have any money for like two weeks :(

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Barter is half as effective as it was in the beta, each point in it is worth 1% instead of 2.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They didn't update with more portraits?

Uninstalling now.

(JK I love you all, don't be mad)

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

I'm not really into Sunny and I still love those portraits, dang. Who made those?

Levantine posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll never actually get into the gameplay because I have to customize FOUR characters. Just customizing one always takes me forever. At least I have the rest of the day to come up with an awesome theme. How much can you customize their appearance besides their portrait?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

gently caress yeah I'm putting Glenn Beck in my game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I decided to add a little more to my Torment 2 pledge and get Wasteland 2 along with it. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

• Locked thread