Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
What is your preferred platform for posting, or just interacting with the internet in general?

I think a desktop is usually ideal, unless you're living in a shared space and are likely to have a lot of foot traffic passing behind your office chair and looking over your shoulder, in which case a laptop is better. I know that some people post 'on the go' from their mobiles almost exclusively, but I find this uncomfortable. I am curious what the general distribution is, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
cave paintings

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
zx spectrum

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
posting via cuneiform

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ha ah.... smoke signals!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

morse code!!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT ha ha ha hah a iiatj

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i was wearing an occulus rift on a pc that wasnt grounded or surge protected during a storm and lightning transferred my consciousness into the internet itself
its gay

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Laptops are for people who hate money.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

gary oldmans diary posted:

i was wearing an occulus rift on a pc that wasnt grounded or surge protected during a storm and lightning transferred my consciousness into the internet itself
its gay

Is that you Jobe?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've invented a special device. I poop into it and it turns the poop into posts in GBS. That's how I do it.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Couch/toilet chillin is definitely tablet posting time. Desktop for the other times. Why the gently caress would you have a laptop if you already have a desktop and a tablet? Also, why the gently caress would you care about anything on this forum during the times your only connection to it is through your phone?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
WebTV

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

PSP

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
posting from my phablet ftw

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
I like loving your mom in the rear end.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I post from my Dreamcast. :greencube:

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 18, 2014

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I post from my mobile phone, here is me using Facebook on it

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Pillow Clerk posted:

What is your preferred platform for posting, or just interacting with the internet in general?

I think a desktop is usually ideal, unless you're living in a shared space and are likely to have a lot of foot traffic passing behind your office chair and looking over your shoulder, in which case a laptop is better. I know that some people post 'on the go' from their mobiles almost exclusively, but I find this uncomfortable. I am curious what the general distribution is, though.

I like posting with a laptop so I can poo poo while poo poo posting (I am literally making GBS threads as I write this).

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Nice poll

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
ipad. bathroom.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I post from my mobile phone, here is me using Facebook on it

eyyy bb

Demonachizer posted:

I like posting with a laptop so I can poo poo while poo poo posting (I am literally making GBS threads as I write this).

eyyy bb

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

For chilling and posting I prefer anything other than a desktop. Seriously who prefers sitting up in a chair over lying back on a sofa or a bed? Maybe you guys have some kickass seats with your desk setup or something. Other things will definitely change whether the desktop is better overall, but forum reading/posting? No way is it best at all.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

the hardest part is getting the entire cybiko in my rear end

got to let the antenna poke out though

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
The Awful App is really great and kudos to the people who made it.

However, I still prefer my PC because trying to type a meaningful post is hard using a touchscreen.

Which is why the internet has seemed to suck more since 2007.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
mobile is awesome, but I loving hate mobile websites. Just use the normal version of the website, don't redirect me to a lovely version of your lovely website. Also desktop better for gaymes and laptop for whatever reason.. taking notes at school I guess.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

work laptop, sometimes on a docking station

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
i need PC for my bunghole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Laptop is pretty good, PC was fine, but mobile sucks rear end if you want to post images, or if your wifi is poo poo. Also, typing on mobile sucks rear end and is a chore. I usually just read when im on mobile and do my posting on laptop. Hth

• Locked thread