Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
so the reason Harry could defeat Voldemote was because they were both half muggle right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

nobody believes me that hollywood will poo poo on this classic and remake it in like 15-30 years.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nonsense posted:

nobody believes me that hollywood will poo poo on this classic and remake it in like 15-30 years.

they remake everything profitable bc theyre intellectually bankrupt. classic tho...?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lol if you think anyone will remember harry potter in 30 years

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Greek Dog posted:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0v7sAat.png[IMG]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

also hahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.

DoomLazer posted:

so the reason Harry could defeat Voldemote was because they were both half muggle right?

I thought it was because of his sweet forehead tats.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Greek Dog posted:

:(

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
a 30 wand box(wands only)$28 plus tax.... 30 wands with magic, mana and whatever sorcery thign $40. god bless you potter....

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Moola posted:

harry gave so little of a poo poo about dobbie he buried him in a loving sand dune

there was soil like, 5 minutes walk from the loving house lol

in the book it's in proper soil between some bushes. I guess they changed it in the film because of the location they found and shot composition or some poo poo

tomstuart posted:

like when harry had to do the underwater thing w/ gillyweed why not just use scuba gear? i mean he was a normal kid surely he knows about scuba gear.

i mean its established that some normal folk have magic kids and sort of intermingle magic with normal tech so why not use it there?

He does actually consider that but decides against it because a) using scuba gear isn't something you can just do without learning how and b) it would involve a scuba tank flying through the countryside from the nearest scuba supply shop which might be kinda suspicious and get Harry sent to wizard court for doing magic in front of regular people

why do I know this

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Harry Potter...was loving garbage.

Think about it. The early 20th century had literary giants like Hemingway and Faulker. Nowadays it's Rowling and Dan Brown.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

facebook jihad posted:

Think about it. The early 20th century had literary giants like Hemingway and Faulker. Nowadays it's Rowling and Dan Brown.

The Dan Brown of 1914 is long forgotten, as Dan Brown will be in 100 years.

The J K Rowling of the early 20th century was poo poo like E Nesbitt and Enid Blyton, and a sorrier bunch of twee fuckery you would not be able to find. At least Harry Potter had actual stakes.

There are plenty of literary giants writing today, they're just mostly not writing religious themed thrillers and children's books about wizards.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Dooby got 100% on his housecleaning

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Drink Cheerwine posted:

they remake everything profitable bc theyre intellectually bankrupt. classic tho...?

They make what they make because thats what the public demands.

http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross

^^^ why so many super hero films? Is it because of hollywood or the people who go and see the films? Who has more control over what is made?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

The lawyers dude. Cant expect SA to want to deal with that crap so we can post about the greatest thing ever.

I dont blame SA either. ITs all the god drat poop touchers that loving ruined a good thing.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

Jst0rm posted:

The lawyers dude. Cant expect SA to want to deal with that crap so we can post about the greatest thing ever.

I dont blame SA either. ITs all the god drat poop touchers that loving ruined a good thing.

Now that the FBI is involved things should get sorted soon.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Xachariah posted:

Coyotes in the UK? lmao

maybe a fox

I'm sorry, whatever scavenging animal that dour country has roaming around. Where I live we have coyotes that roam the beaches...

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

DoomLazer posted:

Everdread photoshop the Dog House on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-7mtSrj1cc
I hope you die from hillbilly related causes.

tomstuart posted:

back to elfs

it seems like theirs is a problem not of ability but of motivation so if you take some elf babbys and teach them to have some confidence w/e you could have some p. cool bros
The problem lies with generations of wizard families putting faith in Wizard Aristotle's bullshit teachings that elves are meant to be dominated by master wizard races.

facebook jihad posted:

Ah yes, the great children's authors, Hemingway and Faulker[sic]. If you want to make an honest analogue to Rowling's work try Roald Dahl.

DoomLazer posted:

Get the gently caress out of my Dobby thread with this Dooby poo poo. loving learn to read you ignorant piece of poo poo. I suggest you pick up a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone as it is written as a very accessible lexile rank of 880.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I hope you die from hillbilly related causes.

The problem lies with generations of wizard families putting faith in Wizard Aristotle's bullshit teachings that elves are meant to be dominated by master wizard races.

Ah yes, the great children's authors, Hemingway and Faulker[sic]. If you want to make an honest analogue to Rowling's work try Roald Dahl.

Get the gently caress out of my Dobby thread with this Dooby poo poo. loving learn to read you ignorant piece of poo poo. I suggest you pick up a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone as it is written as a very accessible lexile rank of 880.

i never read no harry potter. I am just here because of high piles.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
wingardium doobiosa

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Real-time footage of Spanish Manlove supressing the Doobie Truth

Al Nipper fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 19, 2014

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Trixie Hardcore posted:

dang dude take some wizard-brand xanax, smoke a jay, and chill out

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
dobbie deserved to die

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

TheJoker138 posted:

Harry Potter would probably be pretty great if I was still 11.

As opposed to Serious Adult Works like Batman

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
the only dobby for me

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
In the last thread I made Dobby references and no one found it funny :smith: I hate you OP.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Rickycat posted:

dang dude take some wizard-brand xanax, smoke a jay, and chill out

Bitch don't talk to me like you know me. I'm completely justified in being loving pissed off that by outrageous coincidence some jackalope started an unnecessary thread about some inconsequential goony bumpkin with a name similar to popular and beloved Harry Potter series character Dobbie the House Elf on the exact same night that I finally got up the nerve to start my Dobbie thread. Now a bunch of illiterate mudblood fucks keep posting hot dog non sequiturs in my elaborately researched Doobie the House Elf thread. People have been PMing me for weeks to start this thread for Dobbie and Dobbie related discussion so I'm not just upset for myself but for the hundreds of goons who begged for this thread.

e: Dobby, loving gently caress!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Al Borland posted:

In the last thread I made Dobby references and no one found it funny :smith: I hate you OP.

I didn't read that thread. I assure you, I'm always down for some good house elf humor.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I like Dobby and I cannot lie
You other posters can't deny

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Bitch don't talk to me like you know me. I'm completely justified in being loving pissed off that by outrageous coincidence some jackalope started an unnecessary thread about some inconsequential goony bumpkin with a name similar to popular and beloved Harry Potter series character Dobbie the House Elf on the exact same night that I finally got up the nerve to start my Dobbie thread. Now a bunch of illiterate mudblood fucks keep posting hot dog non sequiturs in my elaborately researched Doobie the House Elf thread. People have been PMing me for weeks to start this thread for Dobbie and Dobbie related discussion so I'm not just upset for myself but for the hundreds of goons who begged for this thread.

e: Dobby, loving gently caress!

hey man i like you i just dont want you stroking out because people keep goofing around all willy nilly

Lazy Broker
Jul 9, 2013

Whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?

Greek Dog posted:

DoomLazer posted:

Probations piled high!

Doob thread. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

LOL

Doobies lawyers doing a good job.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Dobbie lives on

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

jackyl posted:

I like Dobby and I cannot lie
You other posters can't deny
When an Alabama man walks in with a frog in hand
And a hot dog in your face
You get hungry, wanna pull out your cash
But you notice that bun ain't stuffed
Deep in the south he's waiting
I'm hooked and I can't stop baiting
Oh Doobie, I wanna stalk you
And find those pictures
The moderators tried to warn me
But that Facebook post's got me so goony

Ooh, got a Pick-ens
You say you want some condiments?
Well, pay me, pay me
'Cause I ain't no average Doobie
I've seen them backin'
To hell with askin'
The goal is met,
Kickstarter's made this one sure bet
I'm tired of goons posting things
Saying I didn't sell no wings
Take the average Roll Tide man and ask him that
Ya gotta post Kermit's back

So, froggers (Yeah!) Froggers! (Yeah!)
Do you know that thread is gassed? (Hell yeah!)
Tell 'em to cook it! (Cook it!) Cook it! (Cook it!)
Cook that frozen dog!
Doobie got backed

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Rickycat posted:

hey man i like you i just dont want you stroking out because people keep goofing around all willy nilly

gently caress you sugartits, I'm loving angry about this post too! I am irl angry about Dobbie the House Elf! I'm so angry and having a meltdown about Harry Potter right now! Fuuuuuck!

e:Dobby goddamnit

Francis Baconator posted:

[stupid bullshit]

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Dobbie lives on

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Trixie Hardcore posted:

gently caress you sugartits, I'm loving angry about this post too! I am irl angry about Dobbie the House Elf! I'm so angry and having a meltdown about Harry Potter right now! Fuuuuuck!

e:Dobby goddamnit

i forgive you OP :unsmith:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm just a statue! a dirty, filthy statue!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Oh, by the way, I think it's fine if you want to post about Kreacher or other house elves in this thread too. I don't want to give the impression this thread is strictly about Dobbie, although it is strictly about house elves and house elf related topics.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

no dobbie no

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

This is like one of those awkward hugs. Did Uncle Voldemort take pictures of him when he was little or something in the tent during the wizard scouts club meeting?

E:

Would you rather gently caress Voldemort's nose or a house elf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
what did Dobby ever see in Mark, anyways, he's been an irredeemable prick for several series now

• Locked thread