Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

pixelbaron posted:

live from daryl's house is a p. deece show

It's not even from his house anymore - he had to move because people were coming up to his house and looking in his windows and poo poo, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress all of this! :colbert: This thread is now about Simon and Hall!

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Ball and Scrotes

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Saw them live 2 years ago, and they were really good.

I was surprised.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJHe_vWHLYo

Oates.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Woah, I was considering making a thread about hall and oates and how they are way more awesome than should be expected today (i never make threads)

but yeah, out of touch always has a way of finding its way into my head and getting stuck, and I don't really mind at all

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Saw them at Jazzfest, and they were very good.

"One on One" is probably my favorite though.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

pixelbaron posted:

live from daryl's house is a p. deece show

came to post this. it is good and cool

Hall & Oats where/are too, also im old

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Why did the grain farmer join a punk rock band?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
BECAUSE HE WAS TIRED OF HAULIN' OATS!

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You know what, a coworker won a radio contest back in 1995 way after their fame had died down for a concert at Pine Knob outside of Detroit. I was surprised at how many songs I knew outside of Maneater and Kiss is on my List. That is all.

Also, LONG LIVE SIMON AND HALL!

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
They're super great even when they're kinda crappy

potentially :nws: i suppose http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s22ufU-67iM

Scandalous fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 19, 2014

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Gimp Fack posted:

When I heard their one song that popularized their name, I wasn't too impressed. 2 girls singing with dirty words = comedy gold I guess. If I heard their music when I was younger I might of liked it. Perhaps it's just more targeted towards the female audience. Meh. Am I supposed to find their quirkiness funny?

You're supposed to not be an old fart who uses terms like "Dirty Words".

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Scandalous posted:

They're super great even when they're kinda crappy

potentially :nws: i suppose http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s22ufU-67iM

Adult education is so painfully 80s but I love it

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

these guys look like they've eaten some men in their time

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Garfunkel and Oates show is actually p funny so far but they need to stop figuring out ways to hammer their songs into the show no matter what

We are your fans you tards we heard the songs before

do a show

a show

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Please stop talking about dumb gay hipster annoying comedy poo poo in a bad rear end music SUPERSTAR thread thanks.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Please stop talking about dumb gay hipster annoying comedy poo poo in a bad rear end music SUPERSTAR thread thanks.

no

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Whirlwind Jones posted:

This, but unironically

BrownJenkin
Aug 27, 2009

Rickycat posted:

thread now about garfunkel and oates

That brunette's face makes me angry

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hall and Oates is the best music to play while stuck in traffic. Out of Touch is my poo poo. Also people get weirdly freaked out when i point at them in their car during the "you're out of touch" lines. Anyway it's fun and you should have fun too while in the car

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

BrownJenkin posted:

That brunette's face makes me angry

her face shouldnt make u feel mad and should make u feel warm and glowy like laying in grass with springtime sunbeams shining on ur soul.

just chill out dude, sure it may be an awkward and maybe an unflattering expression in that pic but i think shes just playing around because shes like a musical comedienne or something with big and expressive facial features on a petite chassis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZUq6N7Gx1c

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 19, 2014

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I feel bad for goons who can't stop talking about things that aren't Hall & Oates in a Hall & Oates thread because they are so out of touch they can't relate to what we are talking about.

SaltLick posted:

Hall and Oates is the best music to play while stuck in traffic. Out of Touch is my poo poo. Also people get weirdly freaked out when i point at them in their car during the "you're out of touch" lines. Anyway it's fun and you should have fun too while in the car

Out of Touch is my poo poo as well.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n39RzgVNP8

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Okay that is a pretty badass fiero

I could imagine a dude bumping Hall and Oates in his fiero

Actually I think I saw that today and it was way funnier than the comedians

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

http://youtu.be/ccenFp_3kq8

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4YyEN0XMbg

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

best thing posted so far in the thread and that's not saying much

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I feel bad for goons who can't stop talking about things that aren't Hall & Oates in a Hall & Oates thread because they are so out of touch they can't relate to what we are talking about.

Probably Rich Girls that have gone too far because they know it doesn't matter anyway - they can rely on the old man's money.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
this thread is now about new edition

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?
What are you gonna do Sara? Smile?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

In response to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErkH4K39UrI

If you don't like that video, then you are the biggest piece of poo poo in the WORLD. Not the universe, don't get conceited with it now.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

SymfonyMan posted:

If you don't like that video, then you are the biggest piece of poo poo in the WORLD. Not the universe, don't get conceited with it now.

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar and with an attitude such as yours I shant be following any commands from you today, sir.

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Out of Touch is my poo poo as well.

BUT I'M OUTTA MY HEAD WHEN YOU'RE NOT AROUND!

Goddammit my favorite H&O song. Daryl Hall's voice :parrot:

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar and with an attitude such as yours I shant be following any commands from you today, sir.

Those flies are diabetic.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Seriously the best for karaoke.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INOFpALMOAY

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Trixie Hardcore posted:

why the eff would you want to catch flies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

best thing posted so far in the thread and that's not saying much

disagree

• Locked thread