Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
snypes for jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
remembe, according to calvinism, god ordained that you snype this page since before the start of time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

he also preordained this

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

syscall girl posted:

is that when the bishop tickles you in the rectory?

apparently, it's this:

A Christingle is a symbolic object, related to the pomander, used in the advent services of many Christian denominations. A Christingle consists of:
an orange representing the world;
a red ribbon around it representing the blood of Christ;
dried fruits skewered on cocktail sticks pushed into the orange, representing the fruits of the earth and the four seasons; and
a lit candle pushed into the centre of the orange, representing Jesus Christ as the light of the world.[1]

The base of the candle is commonly wrapped in tinfoil. This is purely functional.

:staredog:

Vincent K. McMahon
Sep 13, 2014

by Ralp

echinopsis posted:

he also preordained this

:eyepop:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
lol i don't know what of any this poo poo means

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 19, 2014

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
lol if you were raised religious

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what if you werent but were persuaded at the age of 14 to join the church :shobon:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

echinopsis posted:

what if you werent but were persuaded at the age of 14 to join the church :shobon:

shameful

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

prefect posted:

apparently, it's this:

A Christingle is a symbolic object, related to the pomander, used in the advent services of many Christian denominations. A Christingle consists of:
an orange representing the world;
a red ribbon around it representing the blood of Christ;
dried fruits skewered on cocktail sticks pushed into the orange, representing the fruits of the earth and the four seasons; and
a lit candle pushed into the centre of the orange, representing Jesus Christ as the light of the world.[1]

The base of the candle is commonly wrapped in tinfoil. This is purely functional.

:staredog:

yeah they got kids to make them in school or something then take them to a boring kids church service and hopefully not burn down any buildings in the process

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

echinopsis posted:

if you were persuaded by a cute girl, it can be forgiven

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

prefect posted:

i went to an all boys school so yeah church at 13 or so owned

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Abandon posted:

yeah they got kids to make them in school or something then take them to a boring kids church service and hopefully not burn down any buildings in the process

I don't know about the other stuff, but "holding a candle" is actually a pretty simple operation commonly executed without burning down buildings.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

a girl i later married, and then i lost the faith and it was my turn to persuade her

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

i got talked into going to a preachy summer camp by the cute blond girl next door

they had a big rear end zipline that went from a forested hill down into a lake and a nice pool and horseback riding and it was all free

the next year i learned that if i wanted to go back for free i had to talk 10(?) other kids into going and realized why she'd invited me

Vincent K. McMahon
Sep 13, 2014

by Ralp

syscall girl posted:

i got talked into going to a preachy summer camp by the cute blond girl next door

they had a big rear end zipline that went from a forested hill down into a lake and a nice pool and horseback riding and it was all free

the next year i learned that if i wanted to go back for free i had to talk 10(?) other kids into going and realized why she'd invited me

lmao

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

syscall girl posted:

kanakuk?

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

syscall girl posted:

did you get lucky?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaovzSn4k7s

press the mute button to avoid jesusy music

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

naw it was in oregon

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

did you get lucky?

the closest i got was getting a girl to sit on my pimply shoulders so we could chicken fight another couple

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

don't post my toilet

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
no offence but christ seems pretty cool

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

big scary monsters posted:

no offence but christ seems pretty cool probably didn't exist

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

so much computing it hur ts

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

syscall girl posted:

naw it was in oregon

the closest i got was getting a girl to sit on my pimply shoulders so we could chicken fight another couple

was about to ask if it was eagle lake in CO.
buddy next door was going on a 2 week mountain climbing retreat.
i'm sure it was godawful expensive, but it was rad as hell except for the campfire fellowship sessions.
14 days of getting told pokemon is atheist propaganda.
guide dude found out i was interested in philosophy (because i couldn't help but argue with him,) and tried to recruit me to a christian apologetics society online.
also a girl with us had severe paranoid schizophrenia and everyone around her intrepreted her hallucinations as actual visions of real, truly present, demons, and my concern was met with hostility.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
lol

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

echinopsis posted:

loves you

john 3:16

for god so loved the world, that he gave his only son, so that you may have life (this is from my memory)

basically... well. its complicated. the wages of sin are death (or so they say). and back in the OT (olde testemante) this meant just dying. but now all of a sudden there is an afgterlife? anyway nbd just make sure you ask jesus for forgiveness for your sins. he took the pain of everyones sin when he died and through him God can see you as you were ment to be.

now there are a couple of schools of thought., the prominent being calvinism and armenism. calvinism is basically, god planned everything (including fifty cent and goatse) and if he wants you to be saved, you get fuckin saved god drat it. its a classic pre-destination. free will is an illusion blah blah blahd
aemrinismes is basiclaly like what most peope think by defualt. you;re born lovely and you choose to get saved. apparently this is BAD becvause that means that YOU did something, you chose to walk into church and you did something and it goes against the idea that people are 100% (not 99.999999999%) sinful and that humans CANNOT POSSIBLY do anything AT ALL to move themselvs towards god and the implication that you personally made a decision to follow christ well i guess you can see the problem

the bible ( the contemporary christian bible with 66 books) preaches both points and for a chrsitisna its lkiek why for a non christian (a nomry) its easy its becausr the bible is made up poo poo from deluded mega faggots but dont tell the pope. although tbf this pope is a good pope. like good for humanity not just pro-wprthlessness
too long... didn't read.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cazlab posted:

also a girl with us had severe paranoid schizophrenia and everyone around her intrepreted her hallucinations as actual visions of real, truly present, demons, and my concern was met with hostility.

yeah my parents went to some super elite bible study where you could meet a guy who saw demons, or something back in the 80s

spiritual warfare ftw

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
why is jesus god and god's son at the same time? and why is the holy ghost a seperate thing too. this is like some zeus and hercules poo poo

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
a lot of christian beliefs are carried over from roman religion yes

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8 I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
this thread gives flashbacks of the gentle old chem teacher that tried to convert me.

i used to come by his office and chat from time to time the moment he said "i was once like you but then i met this wonderful girl in highschool who opened my heart me to jesus" i was like "i gotta go.... place" and i just left and never talked to him again.

i felt like a kid being groomed. the guy ruined gentle old men for me forever and now i can only trust old ppl if they are total assholes.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

prefect posted:

also it keeps out the aliens mind control op

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

theadder posted:

also it keeps out the aliens mind control op

no it doesn't

http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/by_year/2005/tinfoil_hats/

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

can u recommend a more effective material op

also has there been a transubstantiation joke yet itt maybe work that in

Adbot