Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

echinopsis posted:

loves you

john 3:16

for god so loved the world, that he gave his only son, so that you may have life (this is from my memory)

basically... well. its complicated. the wages of sin are death (or so they say). and back in the OT (olde testemante) this meant just dying. but now all of a sudden there is an afgterlife? anyway nbd just make sure you ask jesus for forgiveness for your sins. he took the pain of everyones sin when he died and through him God can see you as you were ment to be.

now there are a couple of schools of thought., the prominent being calvinism and armenism. calvinism is basically, god planned everything (including fifty cent and goatse) and if he wants you to be saved, you get fuckin saved god drat it. its a classic pre-destination. free will is an illusion blah blah blahd
aemrinismes is basiclaly like what most peope think by defualt. you;re born lovely and you choose to get saved. apparently this is BAD becvause that means that YOU did something, you chose to walk into church and you did something and it goes against the idea that people are 100% (not 99.999999999%) sinful and that humans CANNOT POSSIBLY do anything AT ALL to move themselvs towards god and the implication that you personally made a decision to follow christ well i guess you can see the problem

the bible ( the contemporary christian bible with 66 books) preaches both points and for a chrsitisna its lkiek why for a non christian (a nomry) its easy its becausr the bible is made up poo poo from deluded mega faggots but dont tell the pope. although tbf this pope is a good pope. like good for humanity not just pro-wprthlessness

for god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
did i get that right?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
forgive me

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
for all have fallen short of the glory of god

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

striped ties are perpetually in fashion and they are a very classic look

mlmp

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
so is the apocrypha an academic thing cause ive only ever seen it used or referenced in a classroom setting.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
welp didnt grow up catholic that would explain it

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

prefect posted:

if you were persuaded by a cute girl, it can be forgiven

i went to an all boys school so yeah church at 13 or so owned

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

syscall girl posted:

i got talked into going to a preachy summer camp by the cute blond girl next door

they had a big rear end zipline that went from a forested hill down into a lake and a nice pool and horseback riding and it was all free

the next year i learned that if i wanted to go back for free i had to talk 10(?) other kids into going and realized why she'd invited me

kanakuk?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaovzSn4k7s

press the mute button to avoid jesusy music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
lol

• Locked thread